TheTragicComedian

Gennin fight

Basically, I think I understand the combat system. However, I was hoping a more experience Gennin could run a practice fight with me, to make sure I know, and to catch any mistakes I make, so I don't make them in an actual RP. And the reason it has to be a Gennin is because my character is also a Gennin and it would be unfair to fight a non-Gennin

Death Bonus:None

Level: 0

-Stats-

(Taijutsu) 50

(Defense) 40

(Ninjutsu) 80

(Genjutsu) 10

(Concentration) 40

(Speed) 40

(Accuracy)40

(Evasion)40

~Skills~

Skill Point Tally: 3/3 (Used points/Total points)

Remaining Skill Points: 0

Skills:

Ninjutsu Mastery Fire

Ninjutsu of the chosen type of element will deal a bonus +10 damage (per rank). This bonus damage is considered part of the modifiers

-1 skill point

rank 1

Merciful

Whenever you would deal the finishing blow in combat to an opponent, you must let them live with one HP left, only applies once a battle.

+1 skill point

no requirements

Edited by TheTragicComedian

OOC: You don't have to show any skills that don't or will not affect a battle. For example, you have quick learner, which you don't have to show for this fight. If you would like to see a practice fight for other details, look here. To start, we'll roleplay a little to figure out where we are and what we're up to, and why we're going to fight/spar. You want to start?

-Stats-

(Taijutsu) 80

(Defense) 0

(Ninjutsu) 40

(Genjutsu) 0

(Concentration) 0

(Speed) 40 [60]

(Accuracy) 80

(Evasion) 70

[X]=Stat Addition due to Passive Skills

{X}=Stat Addition due to Passive Equipment

Skills:

Sandcastle Sovereign

Effect: The user can use Sand jutsu without having the ability to use Earth, Wind, or even Twisted Colors.

Description: Having lived in Suna and being taught with sand jutsu the ninja is able to use such jutsu without the great effort normally required by this.

Requirements: Suna Ninja.

Cost: 0

Ranks: 1

Gankoukeikei (Piercing Eyes)

Description: One of the first noticeable changes to overcome the Soushirui-Yokujin clan was its members' eyes. Their eyes became very sharp, like that of a falcon's, and they found that they could see greater distances in incredible detail. While the average gennin in the clan can count your eyelashes at ten paces, the most experienced shinobi of this clan can clearly see any point at a mile's distance, with the aid of his chakra. This trait causes many clan members to have deadly accuracy when trained properly with the use of ranged weapons such as kunai, shuriken, senbon needles or even a bow and arrow. They are also able to see weakness in defenses and armor that may elude the eye of other attackers, or even the creator of the armor.

Effect:

Requirements: Clan Membership

Cost: 0

Ranks: 4

Rank Requirements: 1 - Membership; 2 - Rank 1; 3 – Chuunin Rank, Rank 2 and Rank 1 of Doudou Chisoku; 4 - Jounin Rank, Rank 3, Seikuuken Rank 1

Rank 2: Ranged attacks initiated by the user deal an additional 20 damage. This affects only thrown items and ranged weapon attacks, not ranged jutsus, unless the jutsu requires a thrown item or ranged weapon attack. If multiple ranged attacks are made in one turn, add this bonus to the damage tag and follow the multi-attack rules. This replaces the previous rank in Gankoukeikei.

Requires: Gankoukeikei Rank 1

Cost: -2

Name: Doudou Chisoku (Majestic Speed)

Description: The one obvious trait that marks a member of the Soushirui-Yokujin clan is his wings. While they are small at birth, rarely reaching outside of their shoulder blades, they grow just as quickly as the clan member. By the time a Soushirui-Yokujin member is ten years of age, his wingspan is about half of his eight, and generally reach the small of his back. By this age he can move his wings as freely as any other limb on his body, though except in the rarest cases, he is unable to use them to take flight. At this time, and even after the clan member is able to fly, he may use his wings to increase his movement speed. Instead of taking rapid steps, added force from short flaps of his wings increases the distance of his bounding pace. The length of each bound increases with experience and strength. The same case is true once flight is achieved, and works on the same basis as learning to walk after crawling, and learning to run after walking. It takes time and practice.

Requirements: Clan Membership, Rank 2 in Gankoukeikei

Rank Requirements: 1 - Gankoukeikei at Rank 2; 2 - Rank 1; 3 – Chuunin Rank, Rank 2; 4 - Jounnin Rank, Rank 1 of Seikuuken, Rank 3

Rank 1: The user gets +60 to their speed stat.

Sensitive Eyesight

Bloodline: Soushirui-Yokujin

Description: Members of the Soushirui-Yokujin clan have incredible eyesight, able to see great distances with amazing detail. Unfortunately, this vision is dependant upon ideal lighting conditions. The Soushirui-Yokujin clan members find themselves nearly unable to function in poor lighting conditions, and attacks that include harsh shadows or exceedingly bright lights have the tendency to daze them temporarily.

Effect: Terrain effects that impair eyesight also cause -10% chance to dodge non-genjutsu attacks. Non-genjutsu attacks used against the user that include sudden shadows or flashing bright lights have a +50% chance to hit.

Cost: +2

Weakened Fortitude

Bloodline: Soushirui-Yokujin

Description: With their wings and eventual ability to take flight comes the downfall of the physical capability. In order to leave the ground for any mentionable period of time, Shoushirui-Yokujin clan members are extremely light because of porous bone structures, reducing their density. As such, their bones are more easily broken and susceptible to damage in general.

Effect: The user's HP cannot be more than ½ of their Taijutsu + their stamina stats. (IE: If the user has 90 taijutsu and 130 stamina, his HP may not be more than 110)

Cost: +1

EASY TO READ SKILLS QUOTE:

Sandcastle Sovereign

Effect: The user can use Sand jutsu without having the ability to use Earth, Wind, or even Twisted Colors.

Piercing Eyes

Rank 2: Ranged attacks initiated by the user deal an additional 20 damage. This affects only thrown items and ranged weapon attacks, not ranged jutsus, unless the jutsu requires a thrown item or ranged weapon attack. If multiple ranged attacks are made in one turn, add this bonus to the damage tag and follow the multi-attack rules. This replaces the previous rank in Gankoukeikei.

Majestic Speed

Rank 1: The user gets +60 to their speed stat.

Sensitive Eyesight

Effect: Terrain effects that impair eyesight also cause -10% chance to dodge non-genjutsu attacks. Non-genjutsu attacks used against the user that include sudden shadows or flashing bright lights have a +50% chance to hit

Weakened Fortitude

Effect: The user's HP cannot be more than ½ of their Taijutsu + their stamina stats. (IE: If the user has 90 taijutsu and 130 stamina, his HP may not be more than 110)

Edited by K Mitsuhide

"HEEELLLLLOOOOO! AND WELCOME TO THE 3RD ANNUAL GENNIN FIGHTS!" yelled the man, using sound jutsu to amplify his voice so the surrounding crowd could hear. They were in a stadium, and the third annual gennin fights were about to begin. The crowd jeered and cheered at the two contestants, standing on either side and a few feet off from the man with the loud voice. Jaku was cringing at the volume. Our first contestants to be battling today will be Jaku, of the Sarutobi clan, and... the man looked through his papers frantically and said to the other fighter in a much quieter voice Hey kid, what's your name?

(OOC: Sorry, using a level 0 Soushirui Taisuke. Look at my Signature for a picture. He lost his eye when he was younger.)

Tentatively, the boy looked over at his announcer and said, "My name's Soushirui Taisuke." He calmly walked from the waiting area and into the dusty arena. As the only gennin within the Souyoku-Mokujin clan, he felt that there was a burden on his shoulders to do well in this fight. He'd always wanted to be more of a medical ninja, and the clan never announced openly their great pride for their shinobi, but he knew they were watching. His mother was in the crowd, waiting, and probably very worried about her only child. He half-smiled as he reached the center of the arena. Waiting for his opponent, he scratched the dry scar tissue under the wrap around his right eye. The dry weather was making it itch, and his wings were sore from being cramped up in the waiting area with the other gennin He stretched out his wings and popped his neck as his opponent, Jaku, approached.

The announcer finished up his announcements, and Jaku approached the arena. "The Winner will be the last one standing! Death, is frowned upon, but it should be noted that accidents do happen!" at these words, the pit of nerves in Jaku's stomach tightened. He didn't want to die! Looking at his opponent, reassured him. He was just a Gennin, like him, why would he want to kill him? This was just a fun match, a skill show, right? He forced himself to relax, and prepared to fight. "Contestants, START!" the announcer disappeared in a cliche`d burst of smoke which left Jaku coughing.

((Since you have the higher speed you go first, right?))

Taisuke looked at the boy, trying to judge his opponent's abilities. He felt that this might easily be an even match. He bowed to his opponent and took a few steps back in preparation.

((The first turn taken (by me in this instance) usually does not have an attack. The turn order is based off of the speed percentile. I've calculated the turn order:

Player 1's speed percentile is 40.

Player 2's speed percentile is 100.

The turn order, assuming that there are no changes in speed, will be as follows:

Player 1, whose turn order is 40, and which will be 80 after this turn (# 0).

Player 1, whose turn order is 80, and which will be 120 after this turn (# 1).

Player 2, whose turn order is 100, and which will be 200 after this turn (# 2).

Player 1, whose turn order is 120, and which will be 160 after this turn (# 3).

Player 1, whose turn order is 160, and which will be 200 after this turn (# 4).

Player 2, whose turn order is 200, and which will be 300 after this turn (# 5).

Player 1, whose turn order is 200, and which will be 240 after this turn (# 6).

Player 1, whose turn order is 240, and which will be 280 after this turn (# 7).

Player 1, whose turn order is 280, and which will be 320 after this turn (# 8).

Player 2, whose turn order is 300, and which will be 400 after this turn (# 9).

Player 1, whose turn order is 320, and which will be 360 after this turn (# 10).

((Since I have 2 turns at the beginning, my second turn will probably be an attack. When you attack an opponent, you calculate the damage completely, including your opponents defence, and also calculate your chance to hit by using the base chance to hit of 60% and modifying it based on your own stats as well as your opponent's. I assume you know how to use the die roller. If not, PM me and I will explain it to you in detail. ^^))

Set-Up Phase

None.

Main Phase

Taisuke centered himself for his next attack, deciding what the best course of action would be.

Loss Tag

(HP: -0 | Chakra: -0 | Stamina: -0)

Turn Order: 40

TURN 2:

Set-Up Phase

Deciding his next move, Taisuke slipped his hand inside of his shirt and withdrew a senbon needle.

Main Phase

Taisuke darted to the right, and threw his senbon needle at his opponents shoulder.

Damage: 2[base] + 20[bloodline] + 10[Taijutsu Modifier] + 10[Accuracy Modifier] - 10[Defense Modifier] = 32 Damage

Chance to Hit: 60%[base] + 8%[Accuracy Mod] - 4%[Evasion Mod] = 64%

Loss Tag

(HP: -0 | Chakra: -0 | Stamina: -1)

Turn Order: 80

Next Turn: 120 (Your turn is next, before mine, because your turn order is now 100, which is less than mine)

Edited by K Mitsuhide

((Ok, so 64% chance to hit, yes? that means I have to roll above a 64 to dodge. I assume it's a D-100? If I'm wrong let me know and I'll do this all over))

Jaku bowed in response to his opponent's bow. Then he shifted into a stance and prepared to fight. Suddenly the other ninja threw a Senbon Needle.

(Rolling 1 D-100, I rolled an 8

Response Phase

Jaku attempts to dodge the needle but the needle is too quick and he is hit. He gasps in pain and prepares for his attack.

Setup Phase

Jaku prepares himself to use a technique.

Main Phase

Jaku makes the appropriate hand-symbols and uses Burst-End! With his glowing hand he rushes up to the opponent and attempts to hit him.

Fire Type; Burst End

Type: Ninjutsu [Konoha; Fire]

Cost: 40 Chakra

Damage: 20

Effect: If this technique makes contact with the opponent they suffer from bleeding for 2 turns with 12 damage. If the user misses the opponent then the user takes 10 damage.

Description: Takes many months to learn a gennin is simply able to create an orb of fire by using the chakra from the nodes on their fingers. The Orb is a bright red color and it has fire rotating around it. Even though it looks like a basic fireball the Orb actually creates a powerful explosion on impact of the opponent.

Cost: 2

Damage: 20 Base damage + 20 Ninjutsu Mod + 10 ninjutsu mastery fire - 0 opponent defence mod = 50 damage

Chance to hit: 60 Base Chance + 4% Accuracy Mod -7% Evasion mod = 57% chance to hit

Loss Tag

(HP: -32 | Chakra: -40 | Stamina: -0)

((Always remember to link your die roll ^^)

Response Phase

Rolled 87. Dodged. (You take 10 Damage your next turn).

Set-Up Phase

Taisuke quickly jumped out of the way of the flaming orb just as it exploded. Rolling on the ground, he concentrated on his next attack.

Main Phase

Taisuke whipped his hands into a few seals. "Sand Slide!"

Sand Slide

Type: Ninjutsu (Sand)

Cost: 40

Damage: 15

Effect: Opponent is prone for one turn

Description: By quickly manipulating sand to get under the opponent and not stop moving, the user of this jutsu attempts to make them lose balance and fall over. In addition to the difficulty to gain footing, the opponent must contend with constantly moving sand.

Damage: 15 + 10[Ninjutsu Modifier] - 10[Defense Modifier] = 15 Damage

Chance to Hit: 64%

Loss Tag

(HP: -0 | Chakra: -40 | Stamina: -0)

Turn Order: 120

Next Turn Order: 160

TURN 4:

Set-Up Phase

Before seeing if his jutsu was effective or not, Taisuke immediately prepared for his next attack.

Main Phase

Taisuke bolts towards his opponent, jumps, and throws a kick at his shoulder, then follows through with a punch.

Damage: 5[base] + 10[Taijutsu] - 10[Defense Modifier] = 5 Damage Each

Chance to Hit: 64% If not 'Prone'. 79% if 'Prone'

Loss Tag

(HP: -0 | Chakra: -0 | Stamina: -30)

Turn Order: 160

Next Turn: 200

Edited by K Mitsuhide

Jaku misses and the ball of energy explodes in his face. He flies a few feet in the air, a few embers on his clothes and his face black with soot, and lands miraculously on his feet. Suddenly, the sand-slide takes effect, and he makes a face-plant into the arena floor. Jaku lifts his head up as much as he can, his face black, his clothes smoking, the few embers put out by the sand technique, and says "I surrender." And drops his head back into the ground as he falls into unconsciousness.

Taisuke stopped before pounding on the boy any further. He didn't know why the fight had seemed so one-sided, but he figured that because he was a Soushirui, he might have had some advantage. He went over to the boy to check on him and make sure he was okay before the medics came down to carry him away.

((Got the basic concept of how a battle works then? If you need any further explanations or help, don't hesitate to ask))

Taisuke stopped before pounding on the boy any further. He didn't know why the fight had seemed so one-sided, but he figured that because he was a Soushirui, he might have had some advantage. He went over to the boy to check on him and make sure he was okay before the medics came down to carry him away.

((Got the basic concept of how a battle works then? If you need any further explanations or help, don't hesitate to ask))