Guest The Flâneur

Sig Tutorial

Guest The Flâneur

.::Flaneur's Complicated Sig Tutorial::.

Alright here's a tutorial on one of my most recent signatures, some photoshop experince is needed in the process, so if ur a newb, dont even try xD

Notes: Okay some things might be unclear not usre what to do then just ask, also dont restrict yourself from only doing what the tut says, you can do more things and fool around, thats how sigs are made...

Oh and please, if u do this tut, post your outcomes :D

1. Alright I made a gray background, but then later made it black because of color value. The sig i made was 400x150 pixel, but now that i look at it, i think, 400x125 would be better.

-Create new layer. Next take some vector brushes and brush all over the sig , if u dont have any brushes just download from sites like deviant, or just google it and dl some. Use any colors you want for different brushes but have them be close to each other in the color table, i used some oranges and a dark red. Then i used the the straight lasso tool and pen tool to cut off parts of the sig. (You do this by making a new layer, then making your shapes and use the magic wand tool to select the shape and then click on the brushed layer and delete the selection you dont want).

blah-sig2.png

2. Create new layer, then add a C4D render to it, you can resize it anyway you want it, and put it somewhere where there is missing space.

-You can also add a brush or two to this render if you want with any different color. You can also sharpen the render to give it a rusty look.

blah-sig3.png

3. Next Duplicate the layer (Ctrl+J), and set it to darken.

blah-sig4.png

4. add a gradiant map, this is done in the blending options menu, and set it 'black to white' and try to get this effect.

blah-sig5.png

5. Next we add the render or pic you want to use

blah-sig6.png

6. Now this step is optional but i duplicated the render i used and set it to soft light for a darker look.

blah-sig7.png

7. Again optional, i made a new layer and made it completely black and set it to soft light and 45% opacity to now give the whole sig more depth in shadows.

blah-sig8.png

8. Create a new layer. Using lasso tool make more designs on your sig, doesnt matter just anything..

blah-sig9.png

9. Create New layer. okay i wanted to have the hands and feet have a flaming glowing effect, i did this by taking a soft brush and lowering the opacity to around 20-40%, i used a flat orange color, and made circles around the hand and feet. I then used the smudge tool (set on a soft brush) so smudge the orange and try to make flame-like things on it. I then set the opacity to 80% and set it to Linear Dodge.

blah-sig10.png

Edited by The Flâneur

Guest The Flâneur

10. I then added another gradiant map, this time pink to yellow, and then set it to 20% opacity. For this you could use any color and fool around.

blah-sig11.png

11. Create New layer, i know took a soft brush, putting its opacity back to 100 and brushed in some places where it thought blue was needed, to complement the render. I then set the layer soft light at 70-80% fill

blah-sig12.png

12. Next i changed the blending options, went to hue/saturation, clicked on the little bar 'edit' and edited the blue and made it so that it would not be so vibrant.

blah-sig14.png

13. okay the next step were used with a white brush. I made a new layer and set it overlay and used the white soft brush to make a glow around the hands and feet. I then copied and set it on soft light. I used the white brush to give the 'flame glow' some more glow to it.

blah-sig14.png

^Overlay^

blah-sig15.png

^soft light^

14. i know copied the render once again and set it to soft light, this gave back some of the colors the render had.

blah-sig16.png

15. i then made a new gradient map, pink to yellow again and then set it on multiply.

blah-sig19.png

16. Add a border and your done.!!

blah-sig.png

Edited by The Flâneur