K Mitsuhide

Bird-brain And Turtle-boy

Sunshine fell atop the three story building. The pallid light slowly worked its way up and up until it grabbed at the ankles of a shinobi who had decided to watch the sunrise. Soushirui Taisuke, seated upon a stool, looked longingly into the horizon, as if contemplating something desperately deep.

He broke the silence with a light yawn and stretched, unfolding his wings from his back and stretching them out to their full extent. He was tired from his lack of sleep. He'd woken in the middle of the night from a nightmare of memories from the night he lost his right eye. He scratched the dry scar tissue under his head cloth subconsciously and returned to his gazing.

Kohashi Hitori, doing as he usually did, had risen just in time for sun rise. He carried with him a few sheets of paper, a clip board, and some charcoal. Soon, the boy found his way to the roof of a three sotry build. Normally he wore tan robes and other garments to conceal his features, but not in the mornings. All he wore was his hitai-ate, shorts, and shirt. Something was different on the roof today, however. There was another, one with wings. Watching the other person, Hitori began to sketch. Normally he sketched the sunrise. But today he decided to sketch something more...unique.

After a bit of time, and two sketches, the Kohashi boy decided to move around to see the other boy from another angel. Caarefully moving in silence, he did not take his eyes from his subject. He thought he was doing okay when a gust of wind from behind him snagged one of his drawings away. The art flew in the direction of the winged child. The phantom wind carried it passed even him. Hitori just stood there, and arm out as if wishing to snatch the paper from the air.

Lost in thought, Taisuke did not hear the quiet padding of feet as Hitori plodded his way over and sat. He did hear, however, the small scratches of the charcoal against paper. He ignored it as best he could.

The pleasent breeze picked up quickly into a brisk wind and the sound of paper fluttered behind Taisuke. A single sketch had been pulled away from its owner and danced past Taisuke. He stood as if to grab it but noticed as it flew away that it was a sketch of himself from behind. He froze, hand in the air.

Taisuke unfolded his wings once again, straightened his back, and turned around to view the intruder. Sitting a few yards away was a pale boy with a pad of paper and charcoal in his lap. Taisuke's eyebrows furrowed a bit as his contemplative look quickly turned into a frown. He didn't know how to respond to the arrival of the odd artist with the pale skin.

Hitori's emerald eyes met the one uncovered eye of the bird-like child. The tall genin stood erect, not sure what to expect. He knew nothing of the other boy, only that he was of another clan in his village. The Kohashi child began to wonder if this confrontation would end in bloodshed or peace. He slid his foot back, preparing for any attack...just in case. While he thought of battle, he also pondered things about the other boy. Questions ran through Hitori's head. Why was the boy here? Who was he? He stood silent, his gaze not straying away from the strange child.

Both of the shinobi stood there, waiting for the other to react. Taisuke noticed the other boy's foot as it slid back as if to prepare for an attack. That brought a smile to Taisuke's lips. He lowered his shoulders and his wings to show that there wouldn't be a confrontation at the moment.

Taisuke ran the boy over with his good eye. The first thing he spotted was the unnatural scar across the boys throat. Seeing it brought back a painful flashback of Tai's own loss and he instinctively reached up over his missing eye and grimaced.

"I guess that's why you haven't said anything? Are you a mute then?" he asked calmly, with the voice of someone older and more experienced, as if to say 'listen to me and there won't be any problems'. Even though he knew the boy was probably just about the same age as himself.

The ivory skinned child stood at ease after he saw that there would be no attacks made towards him. He watched, however, as the other child began to speak. His hand reached for his scar as the child mentioned him being mute. Hitori had almost forgotten that he was not in his usual garb, which normally would have covered the large scar. He let our a sigh, feeling quite useless at the moment. Picking up a piece of paper, he began to write.

"My voice was taken from me by an NCIA agent long ago. You wouldn't understand"

Hitori picked up the rest of his things and began to walk towards the stairs to begin a decent to the ground.

Taisuke watched, curiosity piqued, as the boy walked off. I wouldn't understand? he thought. Why not? I'd been attacked too, which is what Taisuke assumed of the scar. He was right at least that the boy was mute. NCIA agent probably damaged his vocal chords.

Taisuke almost let the boy go off on his own, but decided he would rather follow the strange child and see what he was up to.

Hitori ignored the fact that the boy followed him, it's not like he could turn around and shout at him after all. Soon, he found himself at a palce the kids all called 'Oasis'. He sat down on a bench and began to sketch the man-made waterfall of the area. The sketch was turning out better than he'd expected. A short sigh passed his lips as he continued to work, blending details together, and sharpening other up. After some time, the sketch was complete and he surveyed his work. Shaking his head in disatisfaction, he sprayed the thing down with a can of hair spray he had in his bag, this was to bind the charcoal to the paper. He stood as he rolled the paper up and slid it into a small cardboard tube and stretched.

Taisuke followed the odd child down through the building. He continued until they reached the man made waterfall, the "oasis." Now he took his turn to sit and watch.

The boy, he noticed, was a rather impressive artist. When the boy finished his sketch and seemed dissapointed, Taisuke became a bit confused.

"That drawing was great. When did you learn?"

The Kohashi child sighed as he pulled out a new piece of paper and a pencil. Quickly, he scribed some words onto the sheet and looked to the boy. Shaking his head he held up the paper. On the sheet, there were two lines. The fist was a statement, replying to the bird child's questions on his art ability.

"I began drawin shortly after I lost my voice. I also paint, sculpt, play music, and do pretty much any other form of art you can think of."

Hitori watched the child as he held out the paper. His eyes narrowed slightly.

The second line of the paper was rather different than the first. It asked a question, rather than having answers. The words scribed on the paper truely made Hitori wonder, WHY?

"Why do you follow me? Do you not know whay I am? DO you not know from which family I hail? Im suprised you haven't thrown things at me yet."

It was impressive that the boy was already so skilled in art. Though it did make sense considering he always had to lug paper and a writing utensil around to begin with. He seemed rather intelligent for his age. Taisuke moved on to the next line which was written on the paper. The question rather surprised him.

"No, I don't know what family you are from. It doesn't really matter. I can tell you are special, like me." Taisuke unfurled his wings and gestured back to them. "We are better, though we are subject to the prejudice of normal men. You don't need to worry about me judging you. You are already better than most."