Maelstrom

Paper Shield

Been a very long time since I've posted anything here, so I thought I'd get my feet wet a little. Started this one a ways back. Talked with the Housho creator about it at the time, got the ok then, so here it is now.
----

Name: Kami no Tate (Paper Shield)
Type: Ninjutsu [Response, Paper, Clan: Housho]
Cost: X Chakra; whereas X is a whole number determined by the user, up to a maximum of 150.
Effect(s): Absorb Y damage (which is a number equal to X divided by 3 then multiplied by 5) from one physical and/or elemental attack targeting the user from a single source in their respective Response Phase, so long as said attack is of equal or lesser rank when compared to this technique. Only half of the aforementioned amount may be absorbed from a fire-based attack/technique. If all damage from the targeted source is negated in this way, any and all effects associated with the opposing attack/technique are negated as well. This character must also sacrifice their following Setup and Main Phases of this turn. May only be used three times per battle.
Description: By concentrating a moderate amount of chakra into the seemingly fragile sheets of paper composing their form, a Housho may temporarily harden those same sheets to match the quality of steel, overlapping them to create a small barrier or wall in the direction of an oncoming attack. While capable of blocking, or in the very least mitigating the effective damage, the applicable hardness and tensile strength at this level leaves much to be desired, offering considerable protection to the user, but not enough to shield them completely from harm.

Edited by Maelstrom

I think the shikigami bloodline was moved to 'dead' a while back so there technically isn't a paper element to use here.

Well, a 3:5 ratio for a chuunin level response phase technique that can negate pretty much anything is too low. It needs to be 1:1.