K Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide's Archives

So, as of tonight I decided that I would like to get back into drawing - something I haven't done in a very, very long time. So please forgive any shitty drawings that I may post, but feel free to give advice/criticize the work.

For these drawings, I tried to go with a more realistic type of shading for the hair. And yes, the quality is not 100% because I took the pictures with my phone. They actually do look better on paper. In the second drawing I kinda tried to go with a "wind blowing hair" type drawing. I feel like I did a pretty good job of showing that.

jQ9R782.jpg?1

ypGKj30.jpg?1

BygxSjY.jpg?1

R6nolfr.jpg?1

Edited by K Mitsuhide

Hey bro. Your concept of hair is great. Work on the execution a bit. I feel that long, quick strokes work best when trying to define hair. Your eye position is good, sizing may be a little off but still. Good job there. The nose and rest of the face are also tricky and I have no idea how to explain it but you do have the basic grasp on it. Well done. I would suggest getti g the basic junk down first and don't shade for a while. I still have trouble in that department. Also, check our Mark Crilley's videos on YouTube. He is a great instructor.