Seigen

Byakugan Clarity

Byakugan; Absolute Clarity
Effect: Once per battle, while the Byakugan is active, a character with this skill may ignore the effects of the status effects ‘Vulnerable’ and ‘Opening’ for 1 turn. This skill may be activated in any phase as a Free Action.
Description:
Requirements: Byakugan Evasion; Rank IV
Cost: -2

Edited by Seigen

Based off my research, status effect immunity is largely restricted to effects that are integral to bloodlines or to hereditary skills, while this is a large investment for a one off immunity, there's no positive precedent I have yet found that would allow this. A technique can be used to remove those effects, however, and that is a concept we can cost.

Perhaps instead of ignoring them as a free action full stop, make it a free action in the response phase once per battle to remove 'Opening' and/or 'Vulnerable' and add on the rider tag of it prevents you from using response phase jutsu for 2+ turns or something. The actual cost of removing Opening and Vulnerable, well opening is a varied cost so it's hard to pin down with JP but in either case it would soak up a main phase action and a chunk of chakra. I'm not inherently against a once per battle ability moving the main phase action to another phase and reducing/modifying the cost somehow, but as it is currently presented I think it is outside of the realm of what a skill can do.