Major

Skipping Class

It was nice to be free to do what you wanted, and today was too nice to spend in a stuffy classroom with a bunch of other jerks and a boring teacher. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, not even a far away one that normal people couldn't see. Senna walked in rather large steps as she enjoyed the weather, stretching her legs straight forward with each stride and keeping both of her arms spread out for balance. It looked rather childish, but she didn't really care. No one was around to chide her for doing it, and she hadn't planned skipping class with any of her friends. She was just out for a walk in the alleys on the opposite end of the village from her clan's estates; she would've rather been caught by a stranger than someone from her family. The girl was in enough trouble as it was. While she mostly didn't care too much about what they thought, it was a hindrance to be locked in her room while grounded.

The Hyuuga girl hadn't planned on missing class today, but when walking on her way to the academy in the morning, she felt a twinge mischievous and decided to try to figure out what exactly to do. It had been a while since she'd pulled one of her pranks, the last time she had done it she'd gotten lucky and someone else was blamed. It had been one of her friends, though, and she'd had to deal with him being angry with her over it for a while. Maybe she didn't care much what the adults thought about her, but her friends actually held some importance in the girl's mind.

She regretted not having told any of her friends about her plans today, they probably would've been fun to have along and might have had some good ideas. While she might have often been the ringleader, she was in no way the one that was in charge. That was too much of a bother, and she just wanted to have fun. The others always seemed to enjoy her ideas, though. The girl started to hum while walking around like a robotic ballerina, choosing to not be annoyed with the fact that she, for once, couldn't figure out what she wanted to do. After all, anything was better than being in that stinking classroom.

Hyuuga Senna must not have noticed the quiet sound of a ninja's sandals slowly plodding up behind her. A pair of mossy green eyes stared rather intently at the back of the girl's head. Ryuunosuke had come this way on a hunch. Usually the Sarutobi boy waited for his friend on the path she traveled to school. Senna hadn't come that way, and on a nice day like today it was obvious why she hadn't. Ryuu was no dunce. She'd skipped school, and worse yet, she'd done it without him. "You ditched me, dork." His voice was cool and confident, much as it always was when he was in a good mood. The boy wasn't upset at his friend. Who could be on a nice day like today?

Ryuu closed the gap between the Hyuuga and himself in no time at all, a sarcastic smirk on his face the whole time. "Your dad would go red in the face if he saw this." He said, winking an eye lined with the dark ink that some of his clan members used almost as a symbol of their heritage. Ryuu proceeded to mime what he thought the older Hyuuga might say. "A member of the Hyuuga clan, not only skipping class but walking around the village windmilling her arms about like a buffoon?!?"

The lopsided smile that he'd worn since approaching Senna finally cracked open, revealing a row of clean, white teeth. "Alright, so what are the plans for today... since you've ruled education out of the picture?" Ryuu asked nonchalantly, his hands slipping in to the pockets of his pants.

Edited by Cellar Door

She wasn't expecting her friend to sneak up on her at all, and for the most part she had been focusing completely on the sky. The surprise startled her completely, and in mid stride she fell backwards on the ground, deciding to just lay there for a moment. She wasn't really angry, but she definitely give Ryuu hell for sneaking up on her like that. She ignored his questions and decided to respond to what he said first. "I don't care, he'll never know anyways. Besides, he always says stuff like that even if I try to be ‘good'.” It was true, but it was her fault either way, she knew. It was expected that she was a troublemaker, and that was unheard of in her family.

Lifting herself out of the dirt, she crossed her arms in front of her. She had thought about punching him in the gut, but apparently he'd restrained himself enough not to reach around and grab her without warning, and she generally reserved hitting him for when he turned into a pervert. "I don't know… I was just thinking I wished you were around though, it's more fun to mess with people when you have someone else to blame it on.” She stuck out her tongue and started walking again, the ideas would come to her and thinking about it too hard made it less fun. "We'll figure it out either way, too lazy to try to come up with ideas.”

Having some semblance of luck, something actually did hit her shortly after saying that. "It would be fun to open some of the animal pens over at the farm areas.” She burst out laughing, imagining a bunch of sheep and cows running through the village. "We'd get into so much trouble though…” As if that mattered.

Ryuu chose to ignore Senna's allusion to the frame job she'd pulled on him earlier that week. In fact, the Sarutobi boy was still supposed to be serving detention for her shenanigans. It was just as well. If she hadn't done it, he probably would have and his cards wouldn't have changed at all. "Nah... no livestock." He didn't like barnyard animals. They smelled.

"I was thinking about sneaking into the Forest Of Death." He told her cocking a well groomed eyebrow. "A lot of the place has grown back since the big fire, but I'll be it looks even spookier with all the burnt trees and stuff in there." Ryuu wasn't sure if his friend remembered the fire that had nearly leveled the forest. It had been just before Konoha was freed from the NCIA. "I never got a chance to go look at it after my dad got back, since his legs were all messed up. Today seems like a pretty nice day though."

A low rumble resounded out of the Sarutobi's stomach. "Well, we'll go get some breakfast first. Did you eat anything yet Senna?" Ryuu had some spare spending money. He could afford to but some food for his friend.

"I ate an apple this morning while thinking I was going to class… I woke up late I guess.” It shouldn't have come as a surprise though, she woke up late pretty much every day. "I could eat though…” She was thinking more about the Forest of Death, though. Senna was curious about what was inside it, she had to admit, and her friend's idea was much better than hers. "Good idea about the forest though, that is why I keep you around, Ryuu.”

"You sure you want to go there though? Seems like you'd be scared.” She said it with an obvious sarcasm, as she knew that neither of them had really shown any fear that she could remember when it came to doing things like that. Even if they would get into trouble over it, they never seemed to care. It was probably why they got along so well, even if Ryuu acted like a pervert sometimes. "I wonder though if it's guarded, or how hard it would be to sneak in. I've never thought about checking it out before, I have no idea.”

"What are you in the mood for eating? I always try to save any money I get, since my dad grounds me from getting allowance all the time. I don't know what I want, though.”

"Senna..." Ryuunosuke stared at her with a serious look on his face for a long moment. "We both know you keep me around because I'm sexy." He bounced his eyebrows several times and restrained a smile, unsure whether or not she would hit him.

Neither of them would be scared. It just didn't happen like that. Between the two of them, Ryuu and Senna had pulled off so many stunts, pranks, and capers that even they had lost count, and never had either of them been scared. There was a bit of nagging in the boy's mind. They'd never been in any real danger before. Sure, they were both okay at being ninja, but the rumors about giant beasts in the forest were supposedly true. "I doubt it'll have guards or anything. Nobody ever goes out there anymore. Oh, and I guess we'll just eat at the first place we come to."

She chose to ignore the sexy comment, thinking more on the Forest of Death. If they got caught out there, there would be no telling how long she would be grounded. Ryuu would probably never be allowed outside again with the trouble he was in. Still though, there was a certain allure to doing it, they'd never done something so dangerous before. Was it that dangerous though? It seems like anything that would've been sinister out there would've left or died when the fire happened. Ah well, either way, they could both take care of themselves. Besides, it couldn't be that bad if there was no one guarding it.

"I want salmon, I've decided. We'll stop wherever they have it.” She quickly went on to another subject, saving their later adventure for later. "Thinking about it is making me hungry already. Hopefully no one will think we're from the academy, I'm sure at least my dad has told people in the village to keep an eye out for me.”

"My old man is probably focused on getting drunk already. I'm sure I'm alright." Ryuu said, a surprising lack of emotion in his voice. "Nobody will find you once we're out in the woods anyway." The Sarutobi followed behind Senna few paces. He figured that the lavender haired Hyuuga would know of a suitable establishment in which they could find some salmon. Ryuu liked fish. That was just fine with him, but he'd felt a moderate amount of excitement at the idea of dodging Senna's captors all day. It could be turned into an amusing game should they encounter one of her father's men.

"Hm... what are we having with the fish?" He asked, noticing a stand with some very wonderful aromas emanating from the stoves and fryers in it's back section. "That smells like tempura. Let's go see if they have what you want there." Ryuunosuke was sure that his companion was already aware of the location of the kiosk already, but he pointed the direction anyway.

"I don't care, I just want salmon." In all honesty she didn't really care, she had a craving and was sticking to it now that she had voiced her opinion. "I know it's more expensive than other kinds of fish... but I really want some." One could argue that it was her favorite food, if Senna actually took the time to care about making a list of favorites. There wasn't much else that could compete with it in her mind, at least, and it was pointless to argue with herself over it. "I doubt they're looking for us... me yet anyways, I'm sure we have time to eat first. The teachers don't care about us anymore, after skipping so much." She flashed a grin at her friend, and started walking to the stand he was pointing at.

She ordered quickly without actually sitting down. "Salmon, please, with rice and some tea." She smiled again at the cook, who went to work on her order as she sat down. Looking over at Ryuu, she tapped her fingers on the counter impatiently. "What are you getting?"

Somey passed between the vendor and Ryuu's hands. "I'll have an order of Tempura shrimp, with rice and tea." He looked back toward his friend as he took a seat on the stool. "Yeah, the instructors can't stop us. It's unlikely they'll even say a word about our absence. In that case, your dad won't be the wiser and we can just do whatever." The Sarutobi was counting on his logic if they decided not to venture into the forest today. They would of course, but should they need to retreat, the village would be their only destination after that.

"Order up." Came a jovial voice as a man passed a pair of plates in the direction of the Gennin. Ryuu smiled as he slid Senna's smelly fish in her direction. He took a few bites of his shrimp and rice before dumping some soy sauce, staining the once pure white rice a dirty brown color. "Mmmm" He mumber through a mouthful of food. It wasn't particularly healthy, but Ryuu loved the taste of salt.

That's all she really wanted to do, 'whatever'. Regimented life was boring, 'whatever' was spontaneous and fun. Right now she could be in a class, or out here eating salmon and later going to the Forest of Death. She'd pick the later one every single time if given the choice. Taking a large sip of the tea she was just handed, she broke apart her chopsticks and dove into the salmon, mixing it around with the rice before shoving it in her mouth. Eating politely wasn't one of her strong suits.

"Good idea," she said with her mouth full, complimenting Ryuu on suggesting they get something to eat. She wasn't really that hungry, but the flavor was what she was really looking for. "But yeah I think we should get over there quickly if we're gonna do it, I don't feel like getting caught today." She swallowed and got out a few food free words before stuffing her face again, much to the surprise of anyone nearby. She wasn't just a fast eater, she was loud too.