Warr

Mizushin (Version 9.0)

水心| Mizushin (Water Heart)

(Advanced System)

zPM3jEC.png

The bloodline of the Umikoi clan is not a singular trait but rather a collection of multiple little evolutions caused by their genetics. The fact that it is not a singular attribute that causes an awakening of a vestigial organ as is true of many other clans, is generally unknown outside of the membership of the Umikoi Clan's 'elder caste'. The bloodline is one that makes the Umikoi among the most formidable warriors, assassins, and guardsmen around, especially if bodies of water are nearby because unlike their fellow water breathers the Hoshigaki, those Umikoi with their Mizushin awakened, can actually sense movement against water's molecules like it was a sixth sense.

The true evolutionary traits which make the Umikoi Clan different of the bloodline's evolutions are a pair inborn features. The first being a dual respiratory system which filters oxygen from water and function exactly as gills would, complete with gill like growths behind one's ears. The second is an inbuilt chakra passageway [or perhaps a type of chakra that's different in itself] that flows over the normally unused portions of one's brain and that allows for hydrokinesis and the movement of water molecules as if they were extra limbs.

The portion of the Umikoi's brain which controls hydrokinesis is near their emotive center of their brain, and as such causes the eyes [almost universally a tint of blue or somewhat blue tinted] of the Umikoi Clansmen and Clanswomen who use the kekkei genkei to visually appear to be a maelstrom of blue tints while the bloodline is activated.

Their hydrokinesis extends beyond simply an ability to control water with their mind, and functions more as if the water was an extension of their own body and senses, providing them with an ability to feel and sense water psychically when the bloodline is activated, in addition to being able to use it as an extra limb. It is the portion of their hydrokinesis that provides them preternatural senses when it comes to bodies of water (even other people) that provides them with an instinctive ability to knowing where to throw their body to block an attack when one is coming, and so they can defend against strikes from their opponents by knowing where their opponents are.

Their many tint shifting blue eyes are the primary marker of their bloodline's activation, but while not a universal fact; many Umikoi seem more monstrous while it activated, with their canines growing and sharpening [as the rank the user has in the clan's bloodline progresses], and a slight midnight blue discoloration appears somewhere upon the left side of their head, growing visible while the bloodline is active until while the Kaijin rank of Mizushin is active, a stylized spiral wave appears across the whole of the left side of their face; in a tint similar to the warpaint created from the plant 'Woad'.

The Mizushin bloodline has never been transferred by traditional means; and this means that the eyes of Umikoi clansmen are at times taken as spoils of war [for there is a superstitious thought that the Umikoi kekkei genkei is actually as eye based technique]. This comes all-too-often from the hands of Kirigakure no Sato's own people; for the manipulation of water and bodies of water as if they were an extension of one's self is something guessed at, and highly coveted.

Umi no Kouin | 海の後胤 | Scion of the Sea
(Passive Skill)
Effects: The possessor of this skill is now immune to the status effect 'choking' cause by techniques of the water element. The user is immune to the effects of 'deep water/deep snow/thick mud', and additionally in the terrains 'deep water/deep snow/thick mud', consider the user's speed 20% higher. Additionally, the user gains 1X, where X is the user's level, additional ninjutsu - exclusively when using water type ninjutsu or water ninjutsu-taijutsu hybrids.
Description: The absolute mark of all those who can be called biological members of the Umikoi clan, this aspect of the kekkei genkei begins within while in the womb. While gestating a secondary lung system develops. Not simply an additional pair of air breathing lungs, this system is one which filters oxygen from water and has a separate wind pipe which gains water through slight and typically barely visible gill slit behind one's ear and which filters the post-deoxygenizated water into the user's bladder or sweat glands.

RP Traits: +1 to Survival and Athletics
Restriction: Members of the Umikoi Clan must take this skill at character creation, though they may take it 'locked', and simply not have shown the clan's bloodline actively yet. This is an advanced system.
Cost: -1

Suidoteki | 水動的 | Hydrokinetic
(Passive Skill)
Effects: The user of this skill may use Water, Steam, and Storm type ninjutsu seallessly; these may be used with a weapon equipped or while the user is under 'bound arms' or 'bound arm', as per other sealless techniques. Additionally, all Ninjutsu made up of elements added to the Mizushin Bloodline with the skill "Many Colors of the Sea" are also considered to be sealless and may be used while a weapon is equipped. In role play, the user may role play moving water and molecules of water, as well as water chakra, as if it was an extension of their body, and may utilize this role play trait for any element that is given the benefits of Mizushin via “Many Colors of the Sea”. This does not require Mizushin to be activated.
Description: Aside from their environmental adaptions to survive in liquid environments, the mastery of sealless water ninjutsu is the next thing that most people think of when they think 'Umikoi abilities', and this is not the result of hard work, but rather the result of a natural ability to perform hydrokinesis and release bursts of water chakra (and water aligned chakra) from their body with a thought, utilizing it and the surrounding water as if they were an extension of their own body and will.
Restriction: All Umikoi clan members must take this skill upon character creation, though they may take it as 'locked', if they don't have the skill points to take it from the beginning, and simply unlock it through role play. This is an advanced system.

hzG05aO.gif

4fW4zYz.pngJunsui Mizushin | 真水心 | True Water Heart

(Active Skill)

Activation/Upkeep:
      - 5% Base Total Chakra/Turn.
      Effect: While Mizushin is active; the user's skill and innate abilities towards water manipulation and water ninjutsu as a whole is greatly heightened.

• Users of Mizushin may either activate 'Junsui Mizushin', or 'Kaijin Mizushin' at a time, one or the other.
  • When Junsui Mizushin is active, the user's water, steam or storm ninjutsu, is increased by 1.50X per rank of the Junsui Mizushin taken, where X is the user's level.
  • If near a large body of water, multiply the effects of 'Subtle Elements; Water' by two.
  • Additionally, all Ninjutsu made up of elements added to the Mizushin Bloodline with the skill "Many Colors of the Sea" may receive the benefits of the offensive mode as listed above.

Restrictions: Advanced regeneration abilities are suspended while this bloodline skill is considered active. This is an advanced system skill. Only 1 rank may be taken every 20 

levels.

Ranks: 4

Cost: -1 SP Per Rank

4fW4zYz.png水心海神 | Kaijin Mizushin | Sea God Water Heart

(Active Skill)

Activation/Upkeep:
       - 5% Base Total Chakra/Turn.
       Effect:

• Users of Mizushin may either activate 'Junsui Mizushin', or 'Kaijin Mizushin' at a time, one or the other.
  • When Junsui Mizushin is active, the user's water, steam or storm ninjutsu, is increased by 1X per rank of the Kaijin Mizushin  taken, where X is the user's level. Additionally, their defense is increased by .50X per rank of the Junsui taken, where X is the user's level while Junsui Mizushin is active.
  • If near a large body of water, multiply the effects of 'Subtle Elements; Water' by two.
  • Additionally, all Ninjutsu made up of elements added to the Mizushin Bloodline with the skill "Many Colors of the Sea" may receive the benefits of the offensive mode as listed above.

Restrictions: Advanced regeneration abilities are suspended while this bloodline skill is considered active. This is an advanced system skill. At least two ranks of 'Junsui  

Mizushin' must be obtained before Kaijin Mizushin may be obtained. Only 1 rank may be taken every 20 levels.
      Ranks: 6

Cost: -1 SP

Ooku no Iro no Umi | 多くの色の海 | Many Colors of the Sea
(Passive/Add-on Skill)
Effects: For each rank of this skill the user takes, add two 'Combinatorial Elements' which require subtle elements; water and which are no higher than tier 3 to the types of elemental ninjutsu which gain benefits while Mizushin is activated.
Description: While the majority of the Umikoi clan with Mizushin can only manipulate water and liquid elements close to water, and it is less common for other elements to be used; it is not impossible. It is simply that the three elements which are most often to be used by an Umikoi with Mizushin activated are the most common elements. The sea has many colors, and an Umikoi with this skill is slowly unlocking the many colors of the sea.
Cost: -1 [Per Rank]

Daiyari no Kaijin | 大槍の海神 | Great Spear of the Sea God
(Activated Skill)
Description: The mere fact that Mizushin lacks hand seals, and that it allows the user to attack with a speed, surprise, and ferocity is often over looked. But because of this fact, and because the immense amount of control Mizushin gives to a user, it can be extremely dangerous. Without even any application of a particular strategy; the attacks of the user do a sizable amount more of damage than they would normally do, with the attack's force multiplied. However, it is highly straining on the mind.
Effects: When Using Mizushin, the user's adeptness makes all water type, steam type, ice type, storm type, and storm type ninjutsu deal 1.5X Base Damage. Amend this list to include any combinatorial elements which gain the normal benefits of Mizushin from ranks of 'Many Colors of the Sea' being bought. Does not stack with other skills that modify base damage. This skill may only be activated three times per battle.
Restriction: 4 Ranks of Kaijin Mizushin or Junsui Mizushin, level 80. This is an advanced system skill.
Cost: -3

Jinsei no Kaijin | 靱性の海神 | Tenacity of the Sea God
(Passive/Add-on Skill)
Description: The Umikoi, simply put, are hydrokinetic by nature. Their ability to masterfully craft and control water on the molecular level is extraordinary, and provides for immaculate reaction against inferior productions. Whenever facing such an assault, their bodies accumulate the water molecules around them and disperse against the incoming attack, 'infecting' it so-to-speak, allowing for the Umikoi to momentarily reconfigure the molecular structure of the attack, lessening the overall destruction it would have otherwise caused.
Effect: Character treats all incoming water Ninjutsu as though they have 1.5x Defense, Steam, Ice, Mud, and Storm ninjutsu as though they have 1.4X Defense, and all water-based (combinatorial elements that require water, up to tier 3) Ninjutsu as though they have 1.25x Defense. Incoming Ninjutsu comprised of elements added to the Mizushin Bloodline by the Skill "Many Colours of the Sea" are treated as though the character had 1.4x defense. This effect is ignored by ninja of higher rank than the character. This skill overrides any armor effects that reduce elemental damage or similar abilities/skills.
Restrictions: Umikoi clan membership, Kaijin Mizushin activated. Kaijin Mizushin rank 2 or above.
Cost: -2

水心・門波信 | Mizushin; Tonamishin | Water Heart; Faith of the Clashing Waves
(Activated Skill)
Description: Mizushin can be used to detect bodies of water around the user, but this does not always translate into an actual advantage for the user without hard work. One who has Tonamishin has mastered the detection of bodies of water around them and their own reaction times to the point that the split section sense of movement of opponents or energies around them allows for the user to defend more effectively, and block incoming attacks.
Effect: For every rank of this skill the user has, raise the user's block range by an additional 5 while the advanced system 'Kaijin Mizushin' or 'Junsui Mizushin' is active. The total amount of this block range increase may never surpass 40 total block range cumulative with Guard Expertise and any other skill, item, or similar effect. While this skill is active, the user must pay 2.5% of their total stamina, in addition to their chakra upkeep for Mizushin.
Ranks: 4
Requirements: Umikoi clan membership, Junsui Mizushin or Kaijin Mizushin rank 2 or higher activated, and Tenacity of the Sea God acquired.

Link to the Previously Approved version Mizushin.

Notes:

Edited by Warr

Scion of the Sea: I can logistically see being immune to drowning from Water and only water jutsu. Having gills won't keep you from suffocating in a block of ice, or if trapped in a tree, or mud. If it were broken up into the sum of its parts it would be like -7 or more for everything that it passively does.

Hydrokinetic: Again, I'd prefer it were just Water. In Naruto you don't just use an element, you use chakra. To be gifted enough to use water without seals is a feat by itself. Storm is especially unlikely because it's basically just lightning that moves funny. As it is this probably won't fly. Tony has been cracking down on sealless skills. Having this many be sealless is basically making your whole kit sealless. -5 would be the going rate for that.

Scion of the Sea: I can logistically see being immune to drowning from Water and only water jutsu. Having gills won't keep you from suffocating in a block of ice, or if trapped in a tree, or mud. If it were broken up into the sum of its parts it would be like -7 or more for everything that it passively does.

Yeah, okay. But the idea wasn't just having gills, but rather having gills and powerful lungs. The previous version mentioned that it would still provide the damage of drowning but not the other effects, but I'm willing to cut it down to drowning from water and steam, because logistically steam is just 'hot water', and also would make it sparser. Does that help any?

Hydrokinetic: Again, I'd prefer it were just Water. In Naruto you don't just use an element, you use chakra. To be gifted enough to use water without seals is a feat by itself. Storm is especially unlikely because it's basically just lightning that moves funny. As it is this probably won't fly. Tony has been cracking down on sealless skills. Having this many be sealless is basically making your whole kit sealless. -5 would be the going rate for that.

This is the cornerstone of the bloodline, and always has been. The idea is that you are capable of moving your water chakra (and the water around you) as if it is an extension of your own body. This previously included steam, storm, and water, the only 'base' inclusions I added were ice and mud, to allow all four 'basic' directions of combinatorials to be featured there. I'm trying to get it without the activation cost/chakra upkeep (because to me it seemed really silly to have to flip it on when someone's supposed to be a master of moving water), but ultimately I can easily just roll it back into Mizushin/Junsui Mizushin/Kaijin Mizushin if the issue is the lack of activation cost.

And yes, I'm aware Tony is cutting down on sealless stuff, but 'sealless' is literally the primary aspect of this bloodline. There was a cut down on health/health regeneration without being medi-nin specced, but bloodlines (specifically Kaguya and Mokuton) are still allowed to do it. I see this situation as 100% the same.

Steam is water that's so hot it's become a gas. It could do anything that wind could do, theoretically. So it kind of presents some issues logistically.

The bloodline does a lot, it makes it a bit difficult to tell which is the important piece, but if you really want to do the no seals thing passively then you'll need to pay a decent amount for it. -1 for a whole kit of seal-less jutsu is unrealistic and we both know it.

How about -1 baseline with only water, with more elements added via the 'many colors of the sea' skill? If that is what is done, then I'll just edit out the references of them in each skill so they can be added individually when purchased with the ranks of many colors of the sea.

Reasonable solution?

The -big- change here though is the shift from level based increases to making it so while active, it increases what a user's stats -do-.

Let's try this again. It's technically kind of a revamp entirely but I wanted to keep the coding.

The design philosophy was basically "trim the fat and make there room for more variety amongst the Umikoi" while allowing for the capstone of the bloodline's base form, "Kaijin Mizushin" to stand out in a demonstrable way from its predecessor. I am not against Kaijin Mizushin requiring all 4 ranks of Junsui Mizushin before it can be gained, but if I do that I may very well make the level requirement between ranks something like 10 a pop.

The idea is that when you gain more mastery over the bloodline, you gain more defensive ability and actual mastery over what the bloodline can do when it comes to sensing and defense - and thus make it do less actual water ninjutsu pumping up until the point that one gains all of the ranks and thus masters it. With a 'once every 20 levels' requirement it'd take hitting level 120 to do it (meaning Warrusu wouldn't even have it capped out), so I'm kind of debating making it like 15 levels per rank.

Scion of the Sea I tried to make more useful, given 'immunity to choking by one type of ninjutsu' is pretty well, unuseful, so I made it a way to show that Umikoi really /are/ masters of Suiton techniques even without the bloodline activated, and to show their speed in the water. If it's needed to be clarified, I'll say it doesn't stack with activated Mizushin forms, but I wasn't sure that it really needed that. 

Sealless ninjutsu for 3 types of ninjutsu for 1 SP base seems to me to be a reasonable price, but I am fine with bumping it as well.

Move this to dead bloodlines, please.  I have another version I'd rather try to move forward with and since updating this it hasn't been hit by any reviews yet so I figure it isn't hurting anything to just post the new version- aside from probably making it take longer before I get an updated Mizushin approved.