Cellar Door

CD's Creation Adoption Center

tumblr_mz6zu0kEZs1s5j65mo1_500.gif

Hey, I'm Cellar Door. Just about everybody here knows me. Which also means that people know that I'm pretty good at this game. Not to toot my own horn. I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but this thread has a very benevolent purpose.

I sometimes do thought experiments as far as game mechanics go. I don't ever intend to use what I create for my character or anything. I just make them to keep myself sharp. Not everything is perfectly balanced, but I try and make sure that it's not something that will be denied out of hand.

Anyway, after doing these experiments for several years, I've decided that rather than just letting them sit around (because I never use them and I never give them good descriptions or anything) I would put them here and if you like something that you see, you can talk with me and pitch your idea for whatever mechanics I've made, and we'll work out a way for you to... adopt the creation. When a creation is adopted, I'll put a notice on that post, so that everyone knows.

Naturally, I won't be able to approve these sorts of things, but there are lots of approval staff, and I can help you work on getting it approved once you've added lore to the creation. Anyway, enjoy digging through for effects.

Oh, lastly. I do have to give permission. You can't just come in and swipe what you want. It's first come first serve, but I also will like certain things more than others, and if your idea for fitting it into the world is half-assed, I might deny you.

Edited by Cellar Door

Alright, so here's the first thing, and one of my favorites. I'll be kinda choosy as far as the backstory to any proposals for this. The general idea is that this is a time-freeze bloodline. You can alter time. Just baboom. The effects are fairly powerful and will probably need to be tweaked and adjusted.

Key Inspirations: Xelor (Wakfu) Infinity (Nanatsu No Taizai)

time_stop_by_gimmyjibbsjr-da6dfbd.gif

[bloodline Name] Temporal Halt – Rank [ - ]
Effect: x times per turn, with ‘x’ equating the rank in this skill, a character with this skill may pay 10-x% of their total Chakra to designate 1 unresolved physical attack. Attacks designated by this skill may not resolve for 1 turn after this skill is activated. A character with this skill may affect up to x unresolved attacks at one time with this skill. This skill may be activated in the Response Phase or Setup Phase as a Free Action.
Description:
Ranks: 5
Cost: -1

[bloodline Name] Temporal Fade – Rank [ - ]
Effect: As a Free Action in the Main Phase a character with this skill may pay 10-x% of their total Chakra, with ‘x’ equating to the character’s rank in this skill, to treat their next attack as if it were a Set Trap. Techniques affected by this skill adhere to Set Trap rules in all ways. A character with this skill may affect up to ‘x’ techniques with this skill at once.
Description:

[bloodline Name] Temporal Stutter – Rank [ - ]
Effect: As a Main Phase Action, a character with this skill may pay 10-x% of their total Chakra, with ‘x’ equating to the character’s rank in this skill, to perform 1 attack that they have already performed during battle. All costs associated with this technique must be paid as normal, but the chosen technique’s Total Damage, chance To Hit, and chance To Critically Strike are treated exactly as they were when the technique was performed. This skill may be activated x times per battle.
Description:
Cost: -2

[bloodline Name] Temporal Shift – Rank [ - ]
Effect: As a Free Action in any phase, a character with this skill may pay 5% of their total Chakra to remove x turns (with x equating to the rank in this skill) worth of any status effects currently affecting them. This skill may be activated x times per battle.
Description: