Kouta

Jiton | Magnet Release

Jiton
Magnet Release
tumblr_mlmi6jGF7Y1qj5jqso1_500_zpsgflazh
磁遁

The Jiton is a powerful advanced chakra nature, using the natural flow of magnetism in the earth, and controlling it via chakra. More than simply controlling magnetism, however, the Jiton enables the anything the user’s chakra touches to exhibit magnetic properties. Mostly reflected in metallic substances, the Jiton has been known to give magnetic properties even to those objects that normally cannot sustain a magnetic charge. By using these newly magnetic elements in conjunction with a more controllable medium, like water or sand, the user is capable of transforming their nature based attacks until they become something far more deadly. While Jiton has been known to appear in familial bloodlines, there is no base blood connection to ninja who are able to use its effects. Many of Suna’s Kazekage have mastered the art to one degree or another, causing many to suspect it is in fact not blood related, but just a matter of skill.

Requirements: Sunagakure

Jiton; Genesis
Effect: User receives "Combinatorial; Magnetic" at 0 SP regardless of requirements, and may purchase 2 ranks of "Ninjutsu Mastery; Magnetic" for 1 SP. When using jutsu with the [Magnetic] Tag, the effects of “Combinatorial; Magnetic” are doubled. 

Description: Unlocking their Magnet-aligned Chakra dormant in their blood, a ninja can utilize the push and pull of magnetic forces in the earth, throwing enemies off balance and providing a new piece to their arsenal. Unlike ninja who train themselves to harness these powers, the magnetites in the blood of the wielder make their magnetic forces stronger and more malleable.
Cost: -3

Jiton; Saturation

Effect: When activating a Taijutsu or Genjutsu the user may pay an additional .1x Chakra, where x is equal to the cost of that attack. If they do, then that attack will become a [Magnetic] Ninjutsu in addition to any other types. This ability may not be activated on any attack that is already Ninjutsu type or that already receives modifiers from Ninjutsu.

Description: The magnetites present in the practitioner's blood are nearly invasive. Every attack made can harness the magnet-aligned chakra and use it to rip out at enemies with minimal effort.

Requirements: Jiton; Genesis.
Cost: -2

Jiton; Attraction
Effect: [Magnetic] jutsu activated during the Main Phase have a 30% chance to be dodged as if it were an AoE. This does not change the number of targets for that jutsu.

Description: Magnet Release Chakra is the altering of primal forces. Often, an enemy themselves is magnetic, or the area around them. With a few subtle pulls, a practitioner of Magnet Release can cause an small, targeted attack to blanket a wider area, preventing escape.

Requirements: Jiton; Genesis. Level 30.

Jiton; Independence
Effect: User's [Magnetic] and [Sand] jutsu are all treated as if they have the "Sealless" Tag.

Description: Magnetism exists in an around the shinobi. The world itself exhibits magnetic properties. Unike creating a blossom of fire or a wave of ice, raw magnet-aligned chakra can interact with the world without the need to direct it with handseals.
Requirements: Jiton; Genesis. Level 50.

tumblr_mh52hsdf4t1r5eb04o2_r2_500_zpsqqe
The minerals sands, attributed to a long line of famous
Kazekage, are almost exclusively found in Sunagakure, passed down as national secrets. Mixing sands with a variety of earth metals and fusing them using their magnet release chakra, the mineral sands often turned normal sand into a deadly trap. Their characteristic markings were always a shift in the color of the sand s it becomes populated with the new mineral. When using the Jiton to influence the effect of sand, the user's eyes will tend to grow dark outlines due to the strain of summoning magnetic forces so close to their body, and in such magnitude. These rings distinguish all of the great kazekage and those who are fortunate enough to unlock this ability.

Jiton; Combination
Description: By mastering their basic control over their magnetically charged chakra, the user can use the minerals in the earth to transform their attacks during battle.
Effect: May purchase "Mineral Sand" items. When activating a [Magnetic] or [Sand] jutsu, the user may add one "Mineral Sand" item to that jutsu as a free action. "Mineral Sands" added to jutsu in this fashion may be collected by the effect of "Combinatorial; Magnetic" as if they were small weapons. Only 1 Mineral Sand may be used per turn at Jounin, and 2 at Sennin.

Requirements: Jiton; Genesis.
Cost: -1

Iron Dust
Type: Mineral Sand
Slots: 3

Effect: When added to a [Magnetic] or [Sand] jutsu, that jutsu gains the following effect: "Inflict 5% of this jutsu's Total Damage as unmodified damage directly to the target's Defense Stat. If the target of this jutsu is a Puppet, deal that damage directly to the Puppet's Durability Stat" At the end of the turn in which this item was used, it is left on the field.
Description: A fine, powdered dust made of Iron flakes. The dark silvery dust is 2 times denser than Silicate, the primary material found in traditional sand. The dust works similarly to buckshot or fiberglass, slamming into and tearing a body apart with tiny impacts. Repeated exposure tends to leave a body brittle and unable to fight back.
Cost: $500

Iron Flakes
Effect: When added to a [Magnetic] or [Sand] jutsu, that jutsu gains the following effect: "Jutsu that target or damage this construct increase their Total Cost by 20%." At the end of the turn in which this item was used, it is left on the field.
Description: The raw flakes of Iron, before they are ground into dust or powder. The dark silvery dust is 2 times denser than Silicate, the primary material found in traditional sand. It is often used to shore up structures and prevent them from being broken.

Gold Dust
Effect: When added to a [Magnetic] or [Sand] jutsu, that jutsu gains the following effect: "Response Phase jutsu used in the same phase as this technique increase their Total Cost by 30%." At the end of the turn in which this item was used, it is left on the field.
Description: A fine, powdered dust made of gold flakes. The bright, glittery dust is 7.5 times denser than Silicate, the primary material found in traditional sand. This weight increases the effort required to move or knock it aside.

Gold Flakes
Effect: When added to a [Magnetic] or [Sand] jutsu, that jutsu gains the following effect: "A construct created by this jutsu gains a Defense Stat equal to 3x, where x is the level of this ninja. If the construct would already have a Defense Stat, it is increased." At the end of the turn in which this item was used, it is left on the field. 
Description: Raw flakes of Gold, before they are ground into dusts or powders. The bright, glittery dust is 7.5 times denser than Silicate, the primary material found in traditional sand. The weight of the gold increases the effort required to break through defenses and walls.

Designer's Notes!

New Magnet Release! The old one was way outdated. Fixed it. By and large, Magnet Release is about UTILITY, not about power. So its about widening your options, not necessarily making you stronger. So I gave a pretty flexible kit that can do that, I feel.

Most of Magnet stayed the same, so I'll go over differences.

Jiton; Genesis. Very similar to the ___ Affinity skills. Acquire the element and then get your Nin Mastery cheaper. This is price at -3 for two reasons. Most of it is that I double Magnet's effectiveness, the second is that I don't take your village element from you in exchange for magnet. So you pay -1 for magnet, -1 for doubling, -1 for Nin mastery ability.

Jiton; Saturation. New Ability! In canon a lot of people seemed to able to wave hands and do magnet, or to magnetize their weapons and such, so I translated this into a Hybrid-friendly ability that lets you tack Magnet onto your other abilities. I kept Basic Attacks and Weapon Attacks away from this because that just gets messy cost and mod wise. So a slight flavor hit in order to preserve my sanity. But this'll still work with Weapon Taijutsu.

Jiton; Attraction. I simplified its wording and how it activates. Now all your jutsu have a chance to trigger. Seemed cleaner. Essentially, when you attack you are also pulling on the target, so it's harder to dodge.

Jiton; Independence. Upped the cost, rolled "Sand" into this ability too.

Jiton; Cominbation. Completely new look. Gold and Iron arent elements anymore. They are simply these items that modify Magnetic (they'll look similar to these items because thats what they are based on). Each Mineral Sand can applied to a technique as a free action, but you have a limited number per turn you can apply (1 for jounin, 2 for sennin) in case you get multiple MPA, or sneak one into a Setup Phase somehow, or manage to pull off an RPJ and a MPA in the same turn. I do intend to have jutsu eventually do things if there is a Mineral Sand on the field, but I have no idea what those jutsu might look like.

And then the sands themselves.

Iron Dust. Offensive side damages Defense. I kept this number low (I think I mathed the average effect would be about 60 Damage per hit given 1500 Ninjutsu) because theres no duration here. I chose damage on purpose cuz you don't get it back. So it feels like chip damage at first, but it builds up over time.

Iron Flakes. Defensive Side makes it cost more to hit the construct. Since this'll be announced when the jutsu is used, there can be some instances where the enemy doesn't know they'll have to pay more, and it may make some wonky interactions with resources. IF you can think up a cleaner way to do this, help me out.

Gold Dust. Offensive side makes RPJ cost more. Thats it.

Gold Flakes. Defensive side grants a small chunk of Defense to constructs. So your barrier or shield gets a fixed amount of defense to reduce damage. Dunno if this'll fly, but we're giving it a shot.

I priced em all at 500, and would like them all to price out the same, so we can tweak numbers to find a nice middle ground for it.