PandaMattMatt

Dear Ninja Family

Dear Ninja Academy,

Sometimes, life does not work out the way we hope. This has been a very trying time for many of us on an individual basis. I do not want to single anyone out and I do not plan on rehashing issues, that is not the point of this post. The point of this post is two-fold; understanding and community support.

Many of us have developed a very close friendship with each other. So close that many of us are very nearly family. This works in both our favor and against us. Family is not always able to get along and sometimes a lot of us butt heads with someone else, but regardless, we are a family. We are here for one another through the good times and the bad. This year it seems to be happening to many of us at the exact same time.

I remind us that we are family because right now many people may need us in ways they haven’t before. All that we can do for these people is show our compassion and patience while they do whatever it is they need to heal, move on, cope and comprehend the hand that has been dealt to them at this time. 

I have personally been going through a very trying time and without the support of you, my family, my Ninja friends, I would feel much more lost and alone in the world. Many of you have come to me and given me a needed dose of reality, a loving gesture of support, and nearly all of you have offered to do what you can to help. Thank you.

I ask that we extend this courtesy to anyone and everyone who needs it. Some of us may need time away to heal and cope. However, some of us may stick around, but we may be on edge or easier to stress out. So if someone snaps at you, please take a moment to understand that it may not have anything to do with NA in any way, shape, or form, but instead be a result of life stresses that ends up spilling over.

We are a community, we are friends, we are family. We need each other in different ways, but because we have each other we are that much stronger. If you are going through a hard remember this; you are not alone. You are loved, you are cherished and you are irreplaceable to us. Please, remember that you do not need to keep your troubles to yourself. If you need someone to just vent to, we are here for you. If you just need something to distract yourself, we are here for you. If you need a friendship we are here for you.

Sincerely
-PandaMattMatt

Just wanna say, I love this post. And could not agree more, or have said it better for that matter. I have no hesitation admitting that my life for the past 2 years has been like a series of unfortunate events, I have snapped at people before on here (and as PMM pointed out, largely due to IRL things, not if something wasn't approved or someone didnt post). Being in constant pain for so long has really taken a toll on my patience, I have a very short fuse because of having to put up with it all the time, took me a long time to even realize that much, Im working on getting it more under control, but not quite there yet.

Many of you have been very understanding of this already, and I could not appreciate that enough, having been around as long as I have, I definitely also consider a lot of you family, love you guys, and I think its great we support each other enough that a lot of the time we just end up helping each other out without even asking for it, especially after Tony and Megans wedding, pretty awesome how quickly we all just kinda fell into our usual routine as if we were on discord on opposite ends of the country. 

Well said Matt, well said indeed.