Cellar Door

Toads; Fūton; Gamayudan

Fūton; Gamayudan | Wind Release; Toad Oil Bullet | 風遁・蝦蟇油弾 I
Type: Ninjutsu [Wind | Coalescence]
Cost: 80 Chakra
Damage: 150
Effect: This technique may not be performed without its coalescence conditions being met.
- Coalescence [2; Gamayudan I]: This technique is considered to be of the 'Wind' and 'Oil' elements, and gains the effects of both elements. The target of this technique is afflicted with 2 turns of the status effect 'Shackled; Leg'. The next time the target of this technique is struck by an attack of the 'Fire' element, they are afflicted with 1 turn of the status effect 'Burning; 40'.
Description: In the pursuit of better synchronous combat with their summons, many shinobi practice collaborative forms of jutsu to enhance what their summoned allies are already capable of. The Wind Release; Toad Oil Bullet is one such evolution. By cloaking a typical Oil Bullet with another's wind-natured chakra, the velocity of the attack can be increased greatly. This increased force of impact heightens the damage caused by Toad Oil Bullet greatly, while still retaining the natural effects of the oil.

Fūton; Gamayudan | Wind Release; Toad Oil Bullet | 風遁・蝦蟇油弾 II
Type: Ninjutsu [Wind | Coalescence | Evolving; Fūton; Gamayudan I]
Cost: 100 Chakra
Damage: 350
Effect: This technique may not be performed without its coalescence conditions being met.
- Coalescence [2; Gamayudan II]: This technique is considered to be of the 'Wind' and 'Oil' elements, and gains the effects of both elements. The target of this technique is afflicted with 3 turns of the status effect 'Shackled; Leg'. The next time the target of this technique is struck by an attack of the 'Fire' element, they are afflicted with 1 turn of the status effect 'Burning; 100'.
Description: In the pursuit of better synchronous combat with their summons, many shinobi practice collaborative forms of jutsu to enhance what their summoned allies are already capable of. The Wind Release; Toad Oil Bullet is one such evolution. By cloaking a typical Oil Bullet with another's wind-natured chakra, the velocity of the attack can be increased greatly. This increased force of impact heightens the damage caused by Toad Oil Bullet greatly, while still retaining the natural effects of the oil.

Designer's Notes:
This is a collaboration jutsu done with this technique. These follow typical coalescence rules and don't do anything super fancy. You'll notice that all these do is beef the damage, and I took special care not to exceed the expanded cost cap for those coalescence techniques. There is one weirdness, which is the adding additional elemental effects, but I fully believe that collaborative jutsu should do enough elements for free based up to the number of users because that makes sense. If it needs an additional cost to be added, I can roll with it, but think about it.

Jutsu 1: 90 Damage * .8 = 75 Cost Points  [Relevant Damage Cap; 180; Total damage from this technique = 180]
75 Cost Points = 3 JP/2 [Coalescence, rounded up] 2 JP

Jutsu 2: 150 Damage * .66 = 100 Cost Points [Relevant Damage Cap; 480; Total damage from this technique = 450]
100 Cost Points = 3 JP/2 [Coalescence, rounded up] 2 JP

I'd like to see the technique formatted like the coalescence are on the mainsite, where the total damage is also included within the coalescence effect. It makes it nice and precise and helps confusion when your opponent is dealing with figuring out what all is coming at him.

They're fundamentally different. The coalescence jutsu on the main site are both dual-phase techniques. Their Damage section specifies their damage when the technique is used by itself, and then in the coalesence section, the jutsu then goes on to specify the amount of damage it deals when used as a coalescence.

The reason this functions differently is because the Toad summons know a very general set of techniques that are kind of designed for broad appeal, and not everyone will want to coalesce with them. This jutsu shoulders the burden of all of the coalescence, while the technique the toads know is just a regular technique. So, the Damage section on this, the coalescence jutsu, will override the base damage of the other technique.

That is the long way of saying that it's not meant for the damage to be added together.