fuhgahkra

Will of Kusa

Skill Name: Will of (  ) 

Description: affinity, practice, and a craftsman's mind can come togetger to create unexpected results. Do to your practice, at times either through luck, skill, or other matters, you can at times have the elements of you techniques change in mid motion or appear to get different effects while appearing the same as normal.

Effect: The buyer chooses (  ) in the name when buying this skill. The owner of this skill chooses the first and second tag when purchasing this skill. Once selected, the options may not be picked again in the same order for the next rank. Character musylt chooses between tier 1 Combinationial elements that hold the exact same subtle elemnt componets. "Once per turn, user may convert the style tag [ Tag 1] to [Tag 2]. Techniques converted this way receive the effects from the new tag."

Requirement: must have two tier 1 combination elements that share the same number of subtle element requirements.

Cost: -3 per rank 

Ranks: 2

Edited by fuhgahkra

My fruhnd, I'm going to suggest taking this back to the drawing board. There's a couple of reasons for this, but the first and largest is that you can achieve this same effect, except stronger, through techniques: we've got Blaze on the main site, we've got Freestyle Step in Approved Taijutsu, we've got Hope Sword and Despair Sword in Approved Ninjutsu, and I believe there's even a few more scattered about the forums but it is early and I've got stuff to do. Not only do they allow you to change elements from any element (not just one!) to another, some last for multiple turns, some let you change Type, and so on. This is not an effect worth six skill points, even if it lets you swap them around all battle and saves you setup actions and some Chakra. The only real advantage it gives is letting you have this ability before Jonin, except… you can but techs a rank early, you're about to be a Chuunin, and you've had no issue buying techs early before.

All in all, this is not a bad idea for an effect, but I don't believe that a skill is not the best way to implement it into our game. If you do want to move forward with this specifically… maybe try a skill that allows it as a setup phase action twice per battle per rank in either direction, -1 per rank, limited to Wood and Plant, with three ranks max and one available at Genin, Chuunin, and Jonin. The -1 may seem cheap, but all it really has to pay for is ~14 JP for very specific uses (two uses of the 4JP techs above, except this is only Wood and Plant instead of Wood and whatever) and a small amount of Chakra. I still don't think this is worth skill points, but it should be approvable.

So something like this:

Will of Kusa

Effect: Twice per battle per rank as a Setup Phase action, the user may choose to replace the Plant Element in a technique they perform this turn with the Wood Element, or vice versa.

Description: wordsAndWords.

Requirements: Kusa Ninja. One rank may be purchased per ninja rank.

Ranks: 3.

Cost: -1.

• Like 1