almondsAndRain

Wind in Your Sails

Become the Wind

Those with a natural talent for Wind Ninjutsu find that it is primarily an offensive element, targeting their opponents with attacks too swift to respond to. However, those with the proper training can reverse this effect, applying the residual Wind Chakra to their own bodies to increase their movement speed.

Effect: If the user is targeted by or performs a non-offensive Wind technique or a technique of an Element that requires Subtle Elements; Wind, both the user's and their target's Chance to Dodge is increased by 5% for one turn. This effect is halved for Concentration-based attacks, rounded down, and may not stack with itself.

While Wind Specialty is unlocked, this Chance to Dodge bonus is doubled, and the user increases the results of any Pursuit Rolls and Challenges they perform by 5.

Requirements: Subtle Elements; Wind. Wind Specialty, locked or unlocked. 20 posts of Jonin training.

Cost: -3.

Edited by almondsAndRain

If you use a non-damaging tech and apply Wind to it, you increase yours and your targets' Chance to Dodge. The second part is a little broader, because I… don't want to give my clones Subtle Elements; Wind so they can boost me with this. 

The price doesn't seem too bad to me since most of the effect is gated at level 30 / 80 and it only applies when you aren't actively trying to kill your enemy, but it might be a little low. I've added the training to compensate for that, but let me know if that's not enough and you want me to kick up the cost instead.

The Pursuit thing is kind of neat. It's a new mechanic so we don't see much screwing with it yet. It doesn't seem too much to me, but if we're worried about it I can just drop that line.

This basically comes down to +100 Evasion or Concentration for yourself and an ally in a specific circumstance - Wind or Cloud buffs and RPJ are the most common times I can see this activated - and costs 3 skill points and 20 posts of training to pull off. 20 posts of training is 200 lines, which comes out to roughly 1000 experience, depending on your specific level and who is in the thread with you. Unless you're at 120 already, that's a good amount of stats, skill points, and levels.

Pope compared this to Chakra and Stamina Training, which I feel is a fair comparison. This is a bit broader - it can buff allies as well and works on Genjutsu - and it stacks with those skills. I didn't have them in mind when I made this, but it works out.

I don't know how to cost the Pursuit thing, it hasn't seen use yet and I suspect it won't be seeing any for some time. Non-Friendly battles are rare, and the people most inclined to them are the people least inclined to run away. I just wrapped it in with the training XP and increased SP cost compared to Chakra Training. Feels fair to me? You're overpaying some for just the stat boosts, so this is a little something to make that work out.

Depending on how this shakes out, I might make similar stuff for other Elemental Specialties. It's a neat little thing. 

Ask me if you're going to use this - I'm going to rubber stamp my approval regardless, but I want to know who is using my stuff so I can keep you up to speed. 

Edited by almondsAndRain

So this is basically a free level's worth of Evasion for 3 Sp. With the added benefit you can give the effect to a target and the pursuit bit, which to my knowledge is more or less untested. Seeing as Evasion is probably a little more potent than chakra or stamina training I think this is costed fine as is. Approved

Actually, I'm moving this to Dead. From the standpoint of Chakra / Stamina training, this is... not worth the cost, unfortunately. You could spend 3SP and a bunch of words for a situational +100 stats... or you can just spend 2SP and a bunch of words for a permanent +100 stats. Back to the drawing board, will attempt some supplemental skills for Elemental Specialities again later.

Spoiler

I've updated the wording on this some, made it cleaner. Also increased the training requirements, as it felt low. That invalidates Pope's approval. I've also updated the second post with the following: 

This basically comes down to +100 Evasion or Concentration for yourself and an ally in a specific circumstance - Wind or Cloud buffs and RPJ are the most common times I can see this activated - and costs 3 skill points and 20 posts of training to pull off. 20 posts of training is 200 lines, which comes out to roughly 1000 experience, depending on your specific level and who is in the thread with you. Unless you're at 120 already, that's a good amount of stats, skill points, and levels.

Pope compared this to Chakra and Stamina Training, which I feel is a fair comparison. This is a bit broader - it can buff allies as well and works on Genjutsu - and it stacks with those skills. I didn't have them in mind when I made this, but it works out.

I don't know how to cost the Pursuit thing, it hasn't seen use yet and I suspect it won't be seeing any for some time. Non-Friendly battles are rare, and the people most inclined to them are the people least inclined to run away. I just wrapped it in with the training XP and increased SP cost compared to Chakra Training. Feels fair to me? You're overpaying some for just the stat boosts, so this is a little something to make that work out.

Depending on how this shakes out, I might make similar stuff for other Elemental Specialties. It's a neat little thing. 

Ask me if you're going to use this - I'm going to rubber stamp my approval regardless, but I want to know who is using my stuff so I can keep you up to speed.

Edited by almondsAndRain