AFoXX

Lightning Release: Arc Slash | Raiton: Kosen Kiri

Name: Lightning Release: Arc Slash | Raiton: Kosen Kiri

Type: Ninjutsu [Lightning | Weapon(Medium Sword) | Personal: Yamada Dansei]

Cost: 80 chakra

Damage: 45

Effects: Fazed

Description: The user charges their blade with lightning chakra, slashing in a wide arc towards the target. As the slash occurs, the charged lightning is flung from the blade, shocking the target and hindering their movement speed.

Name:Lightning Release: Arc Slash II | Raiton: Kosen Kiri II

Cost: 147 chakra

Damage: 90

Effects: Fazed, Scorched (1 turn)

Description: The user charges their blade with enhanced lightning chakra, slashing in a wide arc towards the target. As the slash occurs, the charged lightning is flung from the blade, scorching the target's skin and hindering their movement speed.

Name: Lightning Release: Arc Slash III | Raiton: Kosen Kiri III

Cost: 365 chakra

Damage: 300

Effects: Fazed, Scorched (2 turns), Stunned (1 turn)

Description: The user charges their blade with powerful lightning chakra, slashing in a wide arc towards the target. As the slash occurs, the charged lightning is flung from the blade, badly scorching the target's skin as well as hindering their movement speed and stunning them for one turn.

Edited by AFoXX

These are very good for your first techniques! That said, there are still some minor changes to request. From most to least important: 

Firstly, evolving techniques must have all of the effects of the techniques the evolve from - in this case, the Chuunin Version must inflict Fazed in addition to Numb, and the Jonin version must inflict Fazed and Numb in addition to Stunned (Numb + Stunned is not a good combo, Stunned means Numb will only take effect in the setup or response phase). You have space in the techs to add the former status effects directly into them, if you want to keep the fix simple.

Evolving costs need to specify what technique they let the tech evolve from. In this case, the Chuunin version will look like [ Evolving 1; Raiton: Arc Slash ] and the Jonin version will look like [ Evolving 2; Raiton Arc Slash II ]. Please remember that as you make fixes to the techs, the CP might change, and the JP with it. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to forget 😅

Your requirements are superfluous, Subtle Elements; Lightning is required because of the Lightning tag and Weapon Level X+ is required by the Weapon tag.

You do no need to include the effects of status effects within the technique itself. It just clogs up the effects field with information that is easily retrieved from the main site.

Likewise, you don't need to include the damage ratio in the cost field.

The last two aren't really required changes, they're just personal preference because I prefer that abilities not be clogged up. Change them if you want, they're not going to prevent your approval either way. And just a quick note, for your future reference: Fazed does not have a duration. It works the way damage does, and takes effect as soon as you get hit. This means that, for example, if you get hit by multiple attacks that inflict Fazed in one turn, your Turn Order skyrockets.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification! The extra notes about requirements and whatnot were more for my personal reference, since I'm still getting used to all the rules lol. I'll spend some time thinking about how I want to rework them since they need to have the same status effects. I'm going to stick the WIP label back on the thread for now, and take it off when I think it's ready to be looked at again.

[Edit] Fixed! Let me now how it looks now.

Edited by AFoXX

Ah, I see someone has taken inspiration from Princess' formatting. He'll be happy.

For your Genin one, I'm getting 60 CP and 3 JP. 45 from damage and 15 for Fazed.

Chuunin, I'm getting 117 CP and 4 JP. 72 from the damage, 15 from Fazed, 30 from Scorched.

Jounin, I get 325. 200 for damage, 15 for Fazed, 60 for two turns of Scorched, and 50 for Stunned.

I'll chart out my math for you as well, so we can compare.

Genin:

45 (dmg) + 15 (fazed) + 20 (weapon jutsu) = 80 CP

Chuunin:

90 (dmg) + 15 (fazed) + 30 (scorched) + 30 (weapon jutsu) = 165

4:5 ratio on 90 dmg, subtract 18 CP

165 - 18 = 147 CP

Jounin:

300 (dmg) + 15 (fazed) + 60 (scorched x2) + 50 (stunned) + 40 (weapon jutsu) = 465

2:3 ratio on 300 dmg, subtract 100 CP

465 - 100 = 365 CP