Kouta

Deer Jutsu 1.6

Getting a little deeper into some mechanics, but still fairly simple.

Mokuton: Chichi Asshi [Wood Release: Slowly Crushed to Death]

Type: Ninjutsu [Wood]

Cost: 70 Chakra

Damage: 5 Damage

Effect: The Opponent is “Ensnared” for 1 turn, then “Exposed” on the following turn. If the enemy targeted by this jutsu is ALREADY under the effect “Ensnared,” then they are instead considered “Ensnared” on the SAME turn in which they are considered “Exposed”

Ensnared: Uses Taijutsu with a 50% failure chance. Speed is set at 75%, target cannot move around. May only be used once a battle per enemy by Gennin, three times by Chuunin and six times by Jounin.

Exposed: Defense is set to 50% of its base next turn.

Description: A modification on the much simpler ensnaring jutsu, the effect of this assault is delayed destruction. The immediate effect is obvious. Thick tree roots will wrap about each limb of the victim, biting down with sharp thorns to make sure they are not dislodged. The victim will find themselves, though tangled, relatively capable of movement. Then, when the moment is right, the roots will snap to attention, usually pulling the enemy’s limbs in all four directions, leaving them wide open for attack.

Cost: 4

Mokuton: Shika no Moku [Wood Release: Deer of Wood]

Cost: 105 Chakra

Damage: 100 Damage

Effect: If the target of this jutsu is under the effect “Ensnared,” then, for this jutsu, that effect is treated as if they were “Vulnerable.”

Description: One of the more powerful jutsu of the nature arts, The user will manipulate their chakra so that all the roots in an area will gather, being generated by chakra if need be, until they have amassed enough to summon a deer made entirely of wood and roots. This deer, fashioned after its creator, runs forward and rams into the enemy before collapsing back into a jumble of vines. Oddly enough, the way that the roots are reeled in at the start of the jutsu has a profound effect. For anybody already entangled in a mass of roots, they will attempt to merge into part of the body, being drawn to the Wood-Deer. This pulls the roots taut, removing any hope of movement away from the captured ninja.

Cost: 4

Kuroi no yo ni Kuroi [black as Black]

Cost: 70 Chakra

Damage: 0 Damage

Effect: Opponent is under the effect “Full Opening: Kagemane no Jutsu”.

Full Opening: The opponent has 0% chance to dodge for their next response phase against x. x = a single, specific technique specified by the attack that caused this status effect. May not be used after Half Opening, Full Opening, Half Chain Openings, or Full Chain Openings.
Description: A simple jutsu, but one rather stunning in design. Since the Deer Summon work with their Nara Masters, they have developed a way to aid them in their assaults. With simple nature manipulation, the deer will cause the fans of trees and the sizes of bushes to grow, causing whole canopies to stretch wider and cover more distance than ever before. The effect is immediate: as shadows suddenly grow to accommodate their new hosts, a surprise Kagemane can come from anywhere in the field.

Cost: 3

I just want to be clear on your first technique that the full effect can't be used by gennin level ninja, since they can only use 'ensnared' once per battle. I'm sure you were planning on making the technique more effective as a character levels up, but I'd rather just make sure either way.

Actually, the jutsu makes use of the terrain Dense Woodland (see Jutsu Series 1.5). Dense woodland has a chance to cause ensnared at the start of every turn. So if the enemy is already ensnared (For Genin this is due to woodland), the effect changes. Obviously a Genin can't inflict ensnared then use this jutsu. It's not possible.

I guess this brings up the question of whether or not terrain jutsu that has a chance to cause ensnared counts as that use for a gennin or not. Terrain jutsu can only be chuunin and up anyways. (I wouldn't be doing my job if I wasn't bringing this stuff up, I suppose, even if it's just clearing things up.)

Approved, either way, with that info on the table, some modmin can clear it up. The technique is fine, it just looks difficult for a gennin to pull off.

Yea, it is hard for a genin to pull off. But look at the title. It's a summon jutsu. Summons have no inherent rank, and trust me, I will be making it easier for that terrain based ensnare to connect.

Well technically the summons are the rank of the user, regardless of what level they are. I guess at the point where someone is summoning they're either chuunin or close to it, so it's kind of a moot point. Like I said, just trying to lay out the information... I guess it helps me understand the technique better, especially since you've said you have plans on making the terrain a staple. It's all good.