shizuki

Nite Clan Skills

Skill Name: Phantom Limbs

Bloodline: Yes

Description: Intense training with a master of chakra allows the clan member grasp objects with his/her coil system.

Effect: Allows the learning of clan combat styles.

Cost: -2, 15 Posts Jounin Training

Skill Name: Yottsuteryu

Description: After intense training, your character's phantom limbs are usable in combat, meaning that they can now grip weapons.

Effect: You character may now use up to 4 medium weapons, 2 large weapons, or 1 large weapon and 2 medium weapons in combat. When using a combination of large and medium weapons, use the large weapon attack number.

Cost: -4, 30 Posts Jounin Training, Requires Phantom Limbs

Skill Name: Gotouryu

Description: Even more intense training with the phantom limbs has made it so that they are a perfect extension of the body, exactly the same in functionality as normal limbs. Your character's fighting style now maximizes his/her attacking potential.

Effect: A fifth weapon may now be held in the mouth, but it must be small or medium in size. When using a combination of small and medium weapons, use the large weapon attack number.

Cost: -2, 30 Posts Jounin Training, Requires Yottsuteryu

Skill Name: Phantom Strike

Description: Instead of attacking normally, your character attacks with punches or kicks from his/her phantom limbs.

Effect: Your character may choose to attack with their phantom limbs instead of normally up to the rank your character has in this skill. Attacks from this skill do ghost damage instead of normal damage. Attacks per turn cannot exceed normal amount.

Cost: -2, Infinite Ranks, Requires Phantom Limbs

Skill Name: Open System

Description: Your character's Inner Coil system is very close to the surface, which means that opponents have easy access to it.

Effect: Techniques that siphon chakra drain x2 normal amount, and techniques the deal chakra damage also deal twice as much damage..

Cost: +2

Skill Name: Ghost Coils

Description: Your character's Inner Coil system is so shallow that most of it is outside the body

Effect: Cannot have more than 1 point in Chakra at any time, for any reason. Cannot be taken if the character already has Open System.

Cost: +2

Skill Name: Sixth Sense

Description: Because some portions of your character's Inner Coil system extend beyond the flesh, your character can sense incoming attacks if they pass through the Coils.

Effect: +5% to Dodge Roll per rank, cannot make dodge roll percent exceed 90%

Cost: -1 for first rank, cost increases by 1 per rank. EX: Rank 2 costs 2, Rank 3 costs 3, etc.

Skill Name: Efficient Seals

Description: Due to the sheer length of your character's coil system, some portions may be permanently shaped as the user sees fits. This is used to shape the coils into the paths for seals, meaning that the character must simply channel chakra into his/her coils to use a technique. Still comes into effect a turn after announced.

Effect: Can use a Nin/Gen and attack/use Tai in the same turn.

Cost: -30, Level 300, Jounin Rank, Clan Head Permission, Kage Permission, Must pass Trial of Seals

Guest MrSako

I would probably suggest a requirement for Phantom Strike for Yottsuteryu, as it would be easier to 'punch' with a phantom limb than to swing a weapon... Also, the cost seems to be too little and having an infinite amount of ranks is too much. Maybe something like 'can have ranks up to normal amount of base attacks +2'

FYI, the number of attacks useable with Phantom strike refers to the number of times one may use a Phantom Strike IN COMBAT, not per turn. hopes that clears up any misunderstanding.

edit: added one skill i forgot.

Guest MrSako

Yottsuteryu: There is no way that you can double the number of attacks for only 6 skill points. There might be a compromise solution, but right now I cannot think of one...

Gotouryu: Small Weapon only, I can't see someone swinging a broadsword from their mouth...

Sixth Sense: Effects do not stack. IE, rank 2 gives you +10% total, not +5% + 10%.

Cracked Pipes: please remove. Conceivably the character would not be able to survive outside of battle with this (0 chakra = pass out).

Open System: Attacks that attack Chakra OR absorb Chakra deal 2x damage.

Edited by MrSako

'Phantom Limbs' seems to cost too much, especially with that massive amount of posts it requires. All this skill does is allow you to learn the style, which more to me, seems like a -1/-2 skill.

'Yottsuteryu', again, costs too much. -4 seems reasonable.

'Phantom Strike' is basically a replacement, and from what I see, goes by the number of ranks equaling the number of times an attack may done in a single post, or a battle altogether?

'Ghost Coils' needs to be clarified--I do not get exactly what it does... that, or I am missing something.

'Efficient Seals,' though I can understand how powerful it is, costs way to much. -45 is an unreasonable amount, I wouldn't put it above -20, and also add at least 20 training posts as the passing the Seals.

Anyway, don't need to take the -suggestions-.. but I think that would make it fair.

Everything else has gXb's UNOFFICIAL APPROVAL.

All in all, even if you don't bother with those, I guess everything has my UNOFFICIAL APPROVAL, but I would still like to see those changes at least implemented one way or another: NA is about being fair, not making it a horrible experience for the members.

----------------------------------------------------------

This is in part to what MrSako has said:

'Yottsuteryu' happens to be pretty fair.. in fact, now that I look at it a bit more closely, I think -6 is okay, the effects were not to clear to me.

'Gotouryu' is for a small to medium size.. is a broadsword a medium? No, I think it's a large.. isn't it? If not, this site is kilter....

'Sixth Sense': He is paying the extra point--they should stack. Otherwise, it should just be +1 for every rank.

'Cracked Pipes': Let's have him clear it up, maybe there is another point to it. I mean, if this skill was what we think it is, 2 or 3 of his other skills could not be approved because of the fact that he can't lose 15 charka when he only has 1, etc (on other skills.)

'Open System': Please clarify this one too.

-----------------------

More of this, as I saw Shizuki's post. Anyway, where ever I posted on the limit of attacks, just ignore, I don't feel like looking through this post...

Edited by gangerXbanger

@Sako--

Yottsuteryu: you aren't doubling the number of attacks; you're doubling damage done.

Gotouryu: i'm not thinking a broadsword, more like a kodahi or something. Sanji wields a katana fairly well with his mouth in One Piece.

Sixth Sense: i think we're thinking a little differently here. basically, it's a skill that increases you dodge percent every time you take it. the rank thing i have there is just saying how many times you've taken it already. rank 2 is meaning the second time you take it.

@gxb--

Phantom Limbs: i could live with that.

Yottsuteryu: see above.

Ghost Coils: basically, this means that the upper limit for chakra, stat-wise, is 1 point.

Efficient Seals: well, 20 seems genuinely low to me. the Trial of Seals is VERY likely to be failed, so i don't think training is necessary.

Hrm... if you feel that -45 is fair, then so be it.

Before I completely approve, I think that you should explain this 1 point to me... as in, the highest number that can be placed there is 1? Or only 1 training point can be placed, let's say, if you earn 10?

by 1 point, i mean this: throughout your character's existence, including creation, your Chakra stat cannot be over 1. points from levelling up can't be put in, presents can't raise it, and you can't train it up. your chakra stat will always be 1.

So make a note that if you choose that skill, Open System and Cracked Pipes cannot be taken.

<edit>

Actually... make the note that if that skill is taken, this bloodline cannot be used. Those skills require charka, and having 1 in it will not suffice to creating arms and such of the inner charka coils.

Either one will do... I guess someone else can choose between those.</edit>

Edited by gangerXbanger

Guest MrSako

- Use Medium weapons.

Genin - 1 per post

Chuunin - 2 per post

Jounin - 4 per post

Kage - 5 per post

The above is from the .com site, and note that the word weapon is in pluralized form. I have checked and double-checked the site, and it seems that no matter the amount of weapons equipped, the number of attacks do not change whatsoever. Therefore, since Yottsuteryu only effects the NUMBER of weapons equipped, LOWER the cost to -4 and lower the cost of Phantom limbs to -2.

When using a combination of large and medium weapons, use the 'large weapon' number of attacks.

@gxb: actually, the bloodline is mandatory. the bloodline delays jutsu and decreases the effectiveness of all jutsu.

okay, i removed Cracked Pipes, decreased cost of Phantom Limbs, Yottsuteryu, and Efficient Seals. i also editted that bit about number of attacks into Yottsuteryu and Gotouryu. i also added an explicatory line to Phantom Strike.

Guest MrSako

ok, my last comment... open system +1 in current form, +2 if it also causes attacks against chakra to do 2x damage as well. everything else is OK.