Anonymous

Mental Scenarios

Skill Name: Mental Scenario

Bloodline: N/A

Effect: Training without physical exersion. May not train when physically or mentally exhasted (i.e. hospital). May not incur multi-person or advance trainer bonuses from scenarios. XP is gained at .75xp/line. May not exceed the maximum training lines/week. Does not allow one to train during a mission, or to be in two places at once.

Description: To train, one must not only strengthen their body, but also their mind; the mind could infact be considered more important in some respects. When unable to train both, the other must be able to compensate; on the other hand, it may be a case of preference to build one's self in a particular way. In this case, the absence of physical exersion, does not hinder the progress of the user's training. Sitting down and blocking off all outside influences, they are able to create, in their mindscape, training excursions. They go over the knowlege they have attained through their careers, and plan how best to use it when a situation would come up. (i.e. You may have explosive notes, and you come up with multiple plans of how to ouse them, such as throwing them in tandem, fake ones as distractions, stabbing someone with a kunai and leaving it in the wound, etc.) By going over such things in advance, it is easier to quickly perform as opposed to improvisation on the fly.

Cost: -3

Yeah, I saw this skill, and thought the concept was good, but it was a skill that didn't have any negatives, and too many positives. Stripped off everything except the mental scenarios themselves, and tossed on a penalty.

Edited by Anonymous

I think it was a good one, too, but if you can't do it when in the hospital or on a mission, when would you do this? I mean, theoretically, if you weren't in the hospital or on a mission, you could simply train for the full credit. The only time I can see someone using this is if they were traveling or something...

Warr has the right idea, it is for the times when, RP wise, you are unable to train. Imprisonment, NCIA occupation, or if you know you will be caught using chakra or taijutsu.

Though, I did not want this to replace normal training, ergo the penalty. Warr, is that an endorsement or detrament?

Other mods looking at this would be nice.