Rhap Sodos

Full Metal Alchemist Manga

The whole dramatic irony of what each of the 5 lost completely floored me. Mustang is my favorite character, and to see him go blind... >.<! I'm torn between raging and being very sad.

But I know what you mean; Riza is probably my favorite female manga character... ever. If she died, she would've gone out like a pro.

Oh, crap. There is a new scan today. Let me go read that and then throw in my two cents about the one you mentioned. Thank goodness I have no idea what you meant. :lolwut:; Told you I can't keep up.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, that was pretty epic.

Mustang going blind is pretty crazy in itself, I usually see things coming, and I did not there. I almost figured that it would be him, the last one, but I never really made the connection or predicted it outright...

Honestly this is the only manga I've read that makes me look forward to the next chapter, every single time. I like other ones, but without a doubt this is my favorite.

Edited by Sukasai

We don't talk about FMA on these boards. Tony hates it, you see.

Do to circumstantial evidence, I call bullshit. :angry:

Ahh.. Sukasai, sorry if I spoiled it for you. >.< I guess I jumped the gun a bit with this release.

Going off of what Pride said, it's really dramatic irony at it's finest. When they were talking about what he would lose, I really expected Mustang to lose his hands. But the true source of his power was his "vision"....

It's also interesting, because it shows that for the first time in the entire series, Scar has something to work towards. The idea of him wanting to create rather then destroy, and having the confidence to do so shows how much his character had developed.

... I <3 Scar's new tattoo too.

So the newer chapter is pretty interesting. It's not really 'that' exciting, but everything seems to all happen at once and the end leaves us at another cliffhanger and shows us that the climax isn't over yet.

Merging with God was weird, but I like how his appearance changes to a more 'Edward'-like one.

I think it looks more like the young Hoenheim... but everyone I talk to usually says "Edward". I think the young Hoenheim makes waaaaay more sense, since the Homunculus was made from him in the first place.

I'm more confused with the possibility that everyone else is... well... dead. That he used the spirits of everyone is Amestris in order to turn himself into God.

... And what exactly/who exactly is "God"? Other then the Isvalans, and the whole Leto cult thing, FMA hasn't really put much emphasis on the idea of a higher deity.

Yeah, none of it really made sense to me either. I agree with you on the young Hohenheim count, but when you think about it they are similar in looks and I'd like to think that Edward looks like what Hohenheim did in his younger days.

I don't think everyone's dead, although the thought crossed my mind at first. Then I realized the 'sacrifices' weren't dead, or at least they aren't yet. I don't believe they'd kill everyone off like that, but I could be wrong. Like I said though, the thought of it did cross my mind.

The whole merging with God thing makes no sense at all, I agree. They laid a whole lot of stuff on us with this chapter out of nowhere, hopefully the next one answers some questions.

Edited by Sukasai

Didn't know this thread existed. Well straight to the latest chapter..if everyone really did die, what were to happen afterwards? What was the homunculus's plans after he gains this power? Rule the world? Pretty sure they could've done it even without this 'god' power. Oh ya, talking bout favourite characters, I'd have to say mine would be Ling/Greed..seriously awesome how he's like evil and good at the same time.

I just noticed something while watching Brotherhood that I forgot from the manga. When Edward and Lin were swallowed by gluttony and he discovered the missing part of the circle from Xerxes in Gluttony's stomach... He explained what the symbols on the human transmutation circle meant. "Throw God to Earth, and you will become a perfect existence". Obviously that doesn't really say anything on it's own about what's going on, but I found it interesting that I'd forgotten about it completely until watching this again.

I'm still watching through this/reading through old chapters to try to piece more of it together, since this series likes to feed you tiny pieces of future plot.

edit: Actually, I find it likely that everyone is actually dead now. This same exact thing happened earlier in the manga in Xerxes, when 'Homunculus' fooled Hoenheim and the emperor into killing everyone in the nation to get himself an immortal body. The bigger question is 'why is he doing it twice'?

Edited by Sukasai

I think this was probably Xerxes x10... Considering how long it took for this plan to come to fruition, and needing five other alchemist who had already seen the gate, I'm assuming that Amestris is proportionally much larger then Xerxes.

Either that, or Xerxes was like... Step 1, in order to grant Father his immortal body, and therefor the time and resources to execute the Amestris transmutation.

According to the maps seen in the manga/anime, Amestris is about 50 times larger than Xerxes (from an estimate) so yeah...

adjacentcountries4ng.jpg

Xerxes is the 'dot' in between Xing and Amestris.

Edited by Sukasai

So this chapter was pretty cool, but it seemed to go by way too fast. Gave too much information in too little of a span of time. Still pretty good though.

Also the look on Izumi's face on the last page: Priceless.