Hardcore Skittlez

Bakuton | Explosion Release | 爆遁

NkNsqPR.gif

Bakuton | Explosion Release | 爆遁

YLQXfzL.png Bakuton | Explosion Release | 爆遁

Description: Bakuton, or Explosion Release, is a kekkei genkai found predominantly within Iwagakure no Sato. Despite having no singular clan to unify its inheritors, Iwagakure recognized the grand, destructive, potential of this kekkei genkai and used it as the keystone to their Explosion Corps. The bloodline itself is a combination of Earth and Lightning chakra affinities in quantities that vary based on its applications; the resulting chakra nature generates a massive quantity of latent explosive force, which may be utilized either immediately to great effect or delayed for devastating traps. Due to Bakuton's blending creating explosive energy rather than anything tangible on its own, it may be used to accentuate the qualities of tangible entities to convert nearly anything into an improvised explosive.

Though Explosion Release is thought to be related to Iwagakure's other famous kekkei genkai, Dust Release, the basic natures that comprise the two elements share only Earth as a progenitor chakra nature. Their effectiveness is often compared, given that both are capable of great feats of destruction- though Bakuton is considered much easier to master to similar effect. That stated, Bakuton's destructive ability is as wild as it is large, making it a difficult element to safely apply 'Shape' to.

Ggj2bmO.png

Bakuton

The Bakuton kekkei genkai is the genetic sequence that produces the Explosion Release advanced chakra nature without the necessity of extensive training in chakra manipulation. Through the inheritance of Bakuton, a wielder of this kekkei genkai is capable of producing, manipulating, and with training, shaping highly volatile chakra. Inheritors may take this gift at its most basic form and simply produce large, semi-guided, explosions on demand- or they may learn to tweak the blend of Earth and Lightning to properly apply Shape Manipulation in a way that allows them to produce physical structures that are capable of exploding after a pre-determined period of time and/or by inheritor command.

Restrictions: Iwagakure, Ranks of the following skills may be purchased once every 20 levels.

Bakuton Affinity - Rank One

Effect: Characters with this skill gain the skill 'Combinatorial; Explosion' for 0 Skill Points. When purchased at character creation, the skill 'Combinatorial; Explosion' replaces their village bonus skill. When purchasing the skill 'Ninjutsu Mastery; Explosion', characters with this skill may purchase 2 ranks for 1 Skill Point.

Cost: -1

Bakuton Force - Rank [ - ]

Effect: When applying the effects of this character's 'Combinatorial; Explosion' skill, the target of that Explosion-element Ninjutsu reduces their Defense statistic by an additional 5x%, with 'x' being equivalent to the user's rank in this skill. Additionally, once per battle per 2 ranks in this skill, this skill may be activated in the Main Phase as a Free Action; activating this skill increases the Base Cost of Response Phase jutsu used against this character's Explosion-elemental Ninjutsu by 25% during a target's following Response Phase.

Maximum Ranks: 4

Cost: -2

Bakuton Furor - Rank [ - ]

Effect: This character's Explosion-elemental Ninjutsu 'Set Traps' now increase their chance to hit by an additional +x(1y)% at the beginning of their turn, wherein 'x' is equal to their rank in this skill and 'y' is equal to their ninja rank. Additionally, once per battle per 2 ranks in this skill, this character may use a damaging Explosion-element Ninjutsu as a Free Action during their Response Phase to increase their Evasion by an amount equal to that technique's Base Damage.

Bakuton Chain Reaction - Rank [ - ]

Effect: When performing a non-Area Ninjutsu of the Explosion Element, a character with this skill may choose to reduce the total damage of that technique by 10x%, with 'x' being equal to their rank in this skill. The next Area Ninjutsu of the Explosion Element performed by this character has its base damage increased by 10x%. This effect may stack up 'x' times.

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

Is furor a word?

Affinity: Approved
Force: This should probably be -2 per rank. Passively getting your enemy down to 70% of their defense on all of your attacks is easily worth 5-6 points, while the cantrip ability would be 2-3.
Furor: Approved
Chain Reaction: I think this is probably okay at -1 per rank. It doesn't offer a lot of later vertical power, and it takes time to build up. Approved.

This looks more or less fine to me, no wording allows furour or chain reaction to break their respective caps (+45% accuracy at sennin for furour and relevant damage caps for damage) and as long as that's your intention this can get a big old stamp from me.

Affinity is generic as, so that's easy.
Force at -2 per rank so -8 and level 80 at cap seems fair to me.
Furour I am okay with, you're looking at +28% per turn at max ranks and sennin, which means every two turns you can drop off a max to hit trap with only 1% 'wasted'. Given the investment I am happy to let it go.
Chain Reaction is interesting, and as I always saying upping damage but not cost just makes RPJs more cost effective against you, so I am super cool with this. You're stacking your eggs in a big old basket. I don't like thematically that a chain reaction could be explosion tech turn 2, nothing else then BAM, CHAIN REACTION ON TURN 2 GOT YOU GOOD YOU NEVER SAW IT COMING. But that's 100% fluff, no reason not to give this...

APPROVAL!!!