Peregine

Sennika

tumblr_mqmyk5hBCr1r60ay5o1_500.gif

Sennika

(Sage Transformation)

Advanced System

The Sennika, or “Sage Transformation”, is a kekkei genkai unique possessed by a yet unknown clan who were formerly known to make their residence near the Ryūchi Cave- the ancestral homeland of the Great Snake summons. This kekkei genkai exists as a special enzyme that is perpetually generated within their body; the enzyme serves as a conduit and a battery for natural energy around those that bear it, forcing them to harbor natural energy at all times. Though this does not initially have an effect as prolific as someone entering a true form of “Sage Mode”, it has been known to slightly increase the general strength, speed, and durability of those that bear the Enzyme in slight amounts when they are harboring a great deal of Natural Energy. As an unfortunate side effect of this natural energy absorption, most bearer’s psyches have a difficult time integrating the natural energy into their body’s normal physiological processes, causing sudden and severe outbursts of crazed violence.

The true strength of the Sennika kekkei genkai does not come just from the constant harboring of natural energy, however. Due to the unique chemical structure of the Sennika enzyme, those that bear the bloodline have the ability to almost freely manipulate most of their own physiological structure. In its early stages, they may simply tap into the natural energy as a source of power- showing outwardly as blotches of an inky-black pigment across their skin, sometimes resulting in one or both eyes having their sclera temporarily dyed a similar black hue. With greater applications of the enzyme’s natural energy to their physiology, bearers are able to morph single portions of their body to better accommodate a given task- be that forming a blade upon the back of their hand, or generating a chakra “rocket” upon their back for a quick burst of speed. When greater yet amounts of natural energy are integrated into the user’s physiology, they are able to freely morph almost the entirety of their body, allowing many such modifications to exist simultaneously. These transformations tend to color both sclera black, the user’s irises yellow or orange, and their skin a sandy brown. While enhanced thusly, the Sennika bearers are capable of feats similar to those found within a fully formed Sage Mode-- if they are able to overcome the murderous rage that grips their mind.

Natural Conduit
Description: Due to the unique enzyme present in bearers of the Sennika kekkei genkai, these individuals are constantly absorbing and integrating the natural energy around them into their own natural physiology. As an unfortunate by-product of this, they are prone to entering sudden and murderous rages.
Effect: This character gains an additional stat named "Natural Energy" whose maximum value is equal to 10x (May never be less than 100), where x is the character's level. "Natural Energy" may not be used for mechanics outside of those listed in Sennika bloodline skills. 1.5x "Natural Energy" may be regenerated during the Setup Phase as a free action once per turn (to a minimum of 10). Natural Energy may not be regenerated on a turn in which the Sennika kekkei genkai is activated or deactivated. Whenever "Natural Energy" is regenerated, this character has a 20% chance to come under the effects of "Bloodlust" for that turn. The first time an action taken by this character would reduce their "Natural Energy" stat to 0, it is immediately restored to 15% of its maximum value and the character is automatically placed under the effects of "Bloodlust" for two turns. If Natural Energy falls to 0 a second time, this character may no longer regenerate Natural Energy for the remainder of this combat. For the purposes of 'Self-Defense', activating this bloodline or taking an action that results in a Bloodlust roll is considered an Offensive Action. 
Requirements: Must be taken at Character Creation.
Cost: -1

Bloodlust
Effect: While under the effects of "Bloodlust", this character's offensive actions deal an additional 20% base damage (may exceed caps); a character under the effects of "Bloodlust" suffers from a -20% chance to dodge all physical attacks and -10% chance to dodge all non-physical attacks. This character takes an additional 10% total physical damage from all sources. While under the effects of "Bloodlust", this character must make an offensive action during their main phase; these offensive actions have their target (if any) randomly assigned by a roll of a dX, where X is the number of combatants (excluding the user) and each number is assigned a combatant. The user must assign and list the number and their corresponding combatants when rolling to determine which character is targeted, e.g. [Player A: 1, Player B: 2, etc.]

Saisho Mezame (First Awakening)
Description: Named the First Awakening, the Saisho Mezame is the first stage of bodily manipulation available to those who possess the Sage Transformation bloodline limit. In this stage of transformation, the user will gain black splotches across a large portion of their skin in a design that varies from user to user. During the First Awakening, the Sennika bearer may find their combat attributes greatly enhanced, and they gain the ability to infuse natural energy into their attacks and defences.
Activation/Upkeep: Saisho Mezame may be activated during the setup phase at a cost of 10% of the user's total chakra and stamina; it may be up-kept for 7.5% of the user's total chakra and stamina per turn. It may be deactivated as a Setup Phase action on a turn you are not afflicted with “Bloodlust”.
Effect: Upon activation of Saisho Mezame, the user may spend X Natural energy to increase one stat excluding tank stats, genjutsu and concentration by an equal value. This may not cumulatively increase the user's stats beyond a value equal to 1 times the user's total natural energy stat. This may not allow a stat to exceed 1.5x its base. This effect remains until Saisho Mezame is deactivated. While this form is active, the user has a 10% chance each turn to be placed under the effects of "Bloodlust" for one turn. This roll is made before the Response Phase begins.
Natural Energy: Natural Energy may be regenerated while Saisho Mezame is active, though only 50% of its normal allowance may be regenerated.
Requires: Natural Conduit

Augmented Infusion I

Effect: When utilizing a technique or attack that deals damage while Saisho Mezame is active, the user may opt to spend 2x Natural Energy to increase its total damage by X. X may not exceed damage caps for the user’s Ninja Rank.

Requires: Saisho Mezame

Caustic Aura I

Effect: As a free action in the Response Phase while Saisho Mezame is active, the user may spend opt to spend up to 60 Natural Energy to reduce the damage of a single offensive action that targets them by an equal amount. This may not prevent status effects caused by jutsu whose damage is reduced to 0. This may only be used once per turn.

Daini Mezame (Second Awakening)
Description: Dubbed the Second Awakening, the Daini Mezame is the most common implementation of the Sennika’s physiological morphing. In this form, the user is able to morph limited portions of their bodies to better accommodate whatever situation they would find themselves locked within; as an example, users are known to give their arms an extended reach and flexibility, allowing them to strike targets that would otherwise be far out of their range. Though this stage allows for a greater level of power to be achieved, users are also much more prone to being struck by the Sennika’s violent rages.
Activation/Upkeep: Daini Mezame may be activated during the setup phase at a cost of 7.5% of the user's total chakra and stamina; it may be up-kept for 5% of the user's total chakra and stamina per turn. This suspends advanced regeneration. It may be deactivated as a Setup Phase action on a turn you are not afflicted with “Bloodlust”.
Effect: Upon activation of Daini Mezame, the user may spend X Natural energy to increase two non-genjutsu, non-concentration, non-tank stats by an equal value. This may not cumulatively increase the user's stats beyond a value equal to 1 times the user's total natural energy stat. This may not allow a stat to exceed 1.5x its base. This effect remains until Daini Mezame is deactivated. While this form is active, the user has a 30% chance each turn to be placed under the effects of "Bloodlust" for one turn. This roll is made before the Response Phase begins.

Natural Energy: Natural Energy may be regenerated while Daini Mezame is active, though only 75% of its normal allowance may be regenerated.

Cost: -2

Augmented Infusion II

Effect: When utilizing a technique or attack that deals damage while Daini Mezame is active, the user may opt to spend 1.5x Natural Energy to increase its total damage by X. X may not exceed damage caps for the user’s Ninja Rank.

Requires: Daini Mezame, Augmented Infusion I

Caustic Aura II

Effect: As a free action in the Response Phase while Daini Mezame is active, the user may spend opt to spend up to 120 Natural Energy to reduce the damage of a single offensive action that targets them by an equal amount. This may not prevent status effects caused by jutsu whose damage is reduced to 0. This may only be used once per turn.

Requires: Saisho Mezame, Caustic Aura I

Saishū Mezame (Final Awakening)
Description: The Saishū Mezame, or Final Awakening, is considered the greatest stage of biological mutation allowed by the Sennika kekkei genkai. This transformation is a whole-body transition, shifting the user’s skin and eye colour dramatically, while also allowing them to obtain boosts in power often compared to a Sage Mode transformation. The Sennika user is able to freely morph their body at this stage for any number of purposes, including but not limited to creating shields upon their limbs or generation new limbs that serve as chakra-cannons of sorts. Though incredibly powerful, the Saishū Mezame renders its users incredibly susceptible to the Sennika’s murderous fury. It is never recommended to utilize this stage of transformation when fighting alongside allies or when tasked with protecting an individual.
Activation/Upkeep: Saishū Mezame may be activated during the setup phase at a cost of 5% of the user's total chakra and stamina; it may be up-kept for 3% of the user's total chakra and stamina per turn. This suspends advanced regeneration. It may be deactivated as a Setup Phase action on a turn you are not afflicted with “Bloodlust”.

Effect: Upon activation of Saishū Mezame, the user may spend X Natural energy to increase three non-genjutsu, non-concentration, non-tank stats by an equal value. This may not cumulatively increase the user's stats beyond a value equal to 1 times the user's total natural energy stat. This may not allow a stat to exceed 1.5x its base. This effect remains until Saishū Mezame is deactivated. While this form is active, the user has a 50% chance each turn to be placed under the effects of "Bloodlust" for one turn. This roll is made before the Response Phase begins.
Natural Energy: Natural Energy may be regenerated without penalty while Saishū Mezame is active.

Requires: Daini Mezame

Cost: -3

Augmented Infusion III

Effect: When utilizing a technique or attack that deals damage while Saishū Mezame is active, the user may opt to spend X Natural Energy to increase its total damage by X. X may not exceed damage caps for the user’s Ninja Rank.

Requires: Saishū Mezame, Augmented Infusion II

Caustic Aura III

Effect: As a free action in the Response Phase while Saishū Mezame is active, the user may spend opt to spend up to 320 Natural Energy to reduce the damage of a single offensive action that targets them by an equal amount. This may not prevent status effects caused by jutsu whose damage is reduced to 0. This may only be used once per turn.

Requires: Saishū Mezame, Caustic Aura II

Edited by Peregine
  • Like 1

Curator's Notes: 

Credit for the bloodine belongs to Hardcore Skittlez as the original creator. Original bloodline can be found here.

Resubmitting the bloodline primarily due to a print error in Augmented Infusion that allowed it to be used at Rank III while the First Awakening was active, not the Final. Other changes are cleaning up wording. Other changes to skills and effects are listed below: 

-Empowered Physiology was folded in with each Awakening as the Awakenings themselves did not have a cost and it was unclear when they were accessible. 

-Reduced the cost of Caustic Aura in Ranks 2 and 3 as the effect really isn't strong enough to justify the original -6SP cost. Now -3SP overall.

-Removed chance to be under Bloodlust when Natural Energy is used; previously you'd roll 1) at the start of your turn, 2)in the Response Phase if you wanted to NE block, 3) in the Setup Phase when you regenerated NE and 4) in the Main Phase when you used a technique. Even though the probability was relatively low, you'd always end up hitting it by sheer number of rolls. Now you only roll at the start of turn and during the Setup Phase.

You may want to look into toning back the negative effects on Bloodlust for this resub. It was something I had been meaning to do, but got put to the backburner after the Sennika user rerolled. They reported that the negative effects of Bloodlust felt very bad in actual gameplay and weren't rewarding enough for the level of drawback. That being said, the single Sennika user was also a glass cannon build, so it may just have been poor build choice. Something to think about!

Alright, here we go!

So first, none of these have level or rank requirements, so I can take the Final Awakening as a level 0 if I amass enough SP. (Which is doable since you can start with 10 SP, more if you have a Death Bonus). Which is cool but also nuts. Fix please.

Second, your wording on your stat boost makes them almost useless. "This may not cumulatively increase the user's stats beyond a value equal to 1 times the user's total natural energy stat" means that if you have 100 Natural Energy, you cant increase any stat beyond a Total Value of 100. So...this bloodline is only for shoring up your weak stats? Because even at level 15, most of your stats that you USE will be above 150. At level 120, all your important stats SHOULD be above 1200, which means this does nothing. Given that your stats only last until you turn off your bloodline, and then if you turn it back on you can pick different stats, you should never run into the scenario where you can give yourself stats twice. If someplace in your mind that scenario exists, please share it so we can fix it. You can eliminate that line because of course you cannot spend more Natural Energy than you possess.

If the goal is to not let the total stat increase exceed 1200 (meaning, 400, 400, 400 when spread three ways) then use this wording: "The total stat increase provided by this ability cannot exceed 10x, where x is the user's level". Yes, when you are less than level 10 this means your stat boost is hella low....but you're also less than level 10, which does not last long.

Third, I would put "up to 3" "up to 2" when talking about stat boosts at later ranks. BECAUSE, as it is now, sometimes, I might want to just turn on Rank 1. It has lower penalties, and if I only need to boost my Speed to ungodly, inhuman amounts, or crank Evasion cuz my opponent stacks Accuracy, why turn on the three-fer bloodline? I can get 1200 Stat at rank 1 and level 120. OR 600 + 600 at Rank 2, which is probably the money spot. I rarely would need 400 + 400 + 400.

Fourth, speaking of penalties. A coin flip every turn to lose control of myself...feels bad. This is PERSONAL PREFERENCE so feel free to disregard it, but losing control of your character just isn't fun. Having a random target mechanic just feels bad. I would come up with an alternate "Bloodlust" mechanic that isn't "Attack dEveryone". Possibly something that forces you to use a jutsu that deals Physical Damage every turn while under Bloodlust. Or you can only use jutsu that do not inflict Status Effects. Or that says you can't Dodge Roll. Something Significant but something that can be played around in some way. Something that implies you have lost the "smart" half of your brain, and are left with The Beast. I can't play around "Random Target something hope you don't hit the wrong thing". I can play around a punishing but fair restriction to my action economy. Preferably, you want to build around something that can still make use of the bloodline abilities even when Bloodlusted. Make the bloodline have synergy, not dysfunction.

Additionally, MORE losing control as you rank up...also feels wrong. Usually as you rank up you gain more control over it. I'd be okay with it always being like a static 25% Bloodlust chance, and using the abilities causing bloodlust for NEXT turn to go up, so that if you use them both, and you regen Natural Energy you are at 50%. OR something. Something you can play with. Cuz as it is, I never want to turn on Rank 3, which should be when I feel my most powerful.

Fifth, you can remove mention of caps in all your things (or leave in the "this breaks caps" but caps are really a Creation thing, not an "in battle" thing). This is an Advanced System whose purpose is to make you big and scary, and when bloodlusted, you already ignore caps. So...you can ignore caps but you also must still obey them? I say pump your damage and go for it. This is a high roller bloodline, there should be a high roller reward. If I can trap you into being stuck as I come down on you with my 2100 Base Damage jutsu while Bloodlusted for an additional 20%....well you did that to yourself somehow.

Edited by Kouta