Yurane

Dance like nobody is watching

Skill Name: Introspective Rhythm
Description: Practitioners of the Bebop style know that battle is a dance, and that clearing the mind is required to reach an idealized state of rhythm. By calming themselves in a meditative state, the user reaches a deeper understanding of the flow of battle and their blows gain an ephemeral quality that allows them to slip through all but the most robust of guards.
Effect: When performing a Taijutsu-Genjutsu technique with both the [Bebop] and [Meditative] tags, every 100 points in concentration increases your physical chance to hit by 4%. This ability does not stack with similar abilities that influence physical or genjutsu chance to hit.

Requirement: Bebop Style. Meditative Archetype.
Cost: -2

Creators Notes: This is inspired by Path of the Balanced and some of our lovely neighborhood facepunchers. It blends two flavorfully appropriate aspects to one cohesive whole, and allows the effective application of a normally disregarded stat without junking the normal flow of physical combat with stat replacement.

Mechanically, this translates to concentration being roughly 40% as effective as accuracy for physical offense with the specifically tagged jutsu typings, so there's no real risk of it replacing the stat, but it makes investing into a more balanced build less crippling. The requirement of hybridized jutsu makes counterplay much easier.

Bebop Style

Edited by Yurane

This is basically the path option from balanced but the other way around, and doubled (as is normal for concentration bonuses, which the path option is). 

I think this is fine in concept, because it's opening up an option that couldn't be had otherwise, not just blanket ripping a path option off outside of the path. I'm not -suuuper- keen on it being available outside the path, but given the very narrow scope it works in I'm willing to let that slide. It will not be precedent for future approvals though, warning to readers.

That said, I don't like that this double dips Concentration, unless I'm missing something. This gives you +4% chance to hit and +1% chance to crit for every 100 Con you have, which ehhh, we try to limit things to one full modifier per turn. So either remove the crit chance or show me somewhere double dipping like this is approved previously and we'll move on from there.