fuhgahkra

Abatā clan skills

All Roads Lead to Home 

Description: Through a course of life everyone has a path to follow. And from the start of that path there are the pieces of their home upbringing and culture that is always held within an Abata Clan memeber. Regardless of where they start and go, often more times than not, they always have a path home to their clan.

Effect: Regardless of their Base Path, the user may purchase Path of the Elementalist as their Advanced Path.

Requirements: Abata Clan.

Cost: -1

Edited by fuhgahkra
changing due to feedback

Some general notes: 

• If a skill only has one rank, you don't need to include the rank field, so remove that from both of those.
  • "Abara Clan membership" is not a restriction, it's a requirement. Like 90% of the abilities you see lying around with a restrictions field are old and their contents are better listed as requirements instead.

All Roads Lead to Home: Sure.

Refined Lineage: As written, I'd cost this at -1 and no higher. It's pretty weak. If you do want it to be a rank-less, -1 skill, try this: "The user increases their Block Range by 2X against Ninjutsu techniques with an Element. X is equal to the number of Elemental Specialities the user has." 

+10 block range from 1 skill point is more than any other skill... but no other +block range skill requires five Elemental Specialities either, and we don't exactly hand those out for free. It requires a good amount of investment, and this is still limited in application.

Edited by almondsAndRain
only half my post was in Verdana for some reason!
  • Thanks 1

Increasing your dodge roll by 2x is way way too strong. I would increase the result of the dodge roll by a flat number. 2x could still work here, it starts at 2 and ramps to 10. Also you will need a clause that says you cannot modify dodge rolls of 5 or less.

I would word it "The user increases the results of their dodge rolls against Genjutsu techniques by 2x, where x is the number of elemental specialties the user has. This skill cannot modify dodge rolls with a result of 5 or less."

• Thanks 1

Merge the bottom two skills into your bloodline. They operate the same way as the ones there, and so they should be judged as part of it. Clans with bloodlines can still have clan skills, but bloodlines must have all of their parts in a single thread, and this is straddling the line between the two in a way that I don't like. I'll review them and the bloodline as a whole later.

Regarding All Roads Lead to Home... the effect is fine, but can be cleaned up. I'm not touching the description, it's fine. Please copy-paste this for approval: 

All Roads Lead to Home 

Description: Through a course of life everyone has a path to follow. And from the start of that path there are the pieces of their home upbringing and culture that is always held within an Abata Clan memeber. Regardless of where they start and go, often more times than not, they always have a path home to their clan.

Effect: Regardless of their Base Path, the user may purchase Path of the Elementalist as their Advanced Path.

Requirements: Abata Clan.

Cost: -1