Warr

Systematic Revamp Test 5

Congratulations, you're given the chance to test out one of the three proposed changes to NA's Stats so that Defense and Resistance are factored in! I would like one of you to build a 'Rocket-nin' as I refer to them (Eva/Accuracy stacker with High offensives but ignoring the defensives), and the other one of you to build a more defensive 'tank' type character, or a balanced character.

For purposes of this battle, there is no standard block chance, if you roll below your dodge roll, you take 100% damage, as well as effects. However, for every 30 points the defender have in the relevant defensive stat, the defender receive a +1% 'Blocking Percentile'. Likewise, for every 30 points in the relevant defensive stat, the target of the attack will receive 10 points of 'damage reduction' or subtract 10 points of the incoming damage from base damage and the relevant offensive modifier. Even if you block, effects are still fully there.

Characters will be level 50 for purposes of this test, and I will be interceding and watching over this thread, along side the rest of staff and any inquisitive members. Also note that even if you block, you are still hit by the effects of your opponent's technique.

Have fun.

In addition, for purposes of this test, evasion and accuracy will only give 2% mods for every 20 points in them, not 5%, as was the truth before.

Edited by Warr

Testing: Sound konoichi

Taijutsu: 500

Defence: 100

Ninjutsu: 400

Resistance: 100

Genjutsu: 500

Concentration: 100

Speed: 900

Accuracy: 900

Evasion: 900

Let's go!

The brunette looked across the field of battle at her opponent, an arrogant smirk on her face as she sauntered into the clearing. "So, who did they send to be my next little pet, hmm?"

A sandy haired nin with honey-colored eyes peers back at his opponent. "I represent the Tsuchiiro-hi clan of Suna. Allow me to be your host."

Name: Masago Hijutsu: Sunaarashi (Sand Release Secret Technique: Sandstorm)

Type: Ninjutsu (Sand)

Cost: 250

Effect: Used in the Setup Phase. May not attack in the Main Phase. Changes the Terrain to: Sand The Sandstorm Terrain Effect is active for 5 turns.

Sand: -10% to Speed

Sandstorm All attacks are -50% to-hit. Targets take 10 damage at the start of their turn.

Description: A secret technique where the user utilizes their chakra to create a billowing sandstorm. When the dust settles, piles of sand litter the battlefield. Although it would seem simpler to just bring up sand from the depths of the earth to avoid a raging sandstorm, only the Kazekage, Gaara of the Sand, was able to master that technique, and only he had the chakra stores to be able to use such a jutsu.

Weathered Shinobi Immune to all Terrain Effects. Gain +20% Speed Bonus in any terrain (does not stack with the other Terrain Bonus skills)

Speed 500 -> 600

[-000HP|-000ST|-250CH]

Chakra Flow: +15% Chakra/Round

Chakra +15%

Response Phase: -9 hp due to Earth Elemental Specialty training.

New Speed score: 810

Speed Percentile is now 74%, meaning I only get a second turn every three turns.

Setup Phase: N/A

Main Phase:

"Kya!" the konoichi cried out as the sandstorm kicked up, shredding the outfit she was wearing as well as pulling off her hitae ate, leaving her nearly in the buff as she covered her modesty. "What'd you do that for, you perv! Is that the only way you can get to look at girls?" she said blushing.

Sexy Skill (Oiroke no Jutsu)

Type: Genjutsu

Cost: 15 Genjutsu

Effect: All male character, except the user if male, recieve an unmodified -10 to all non-tank stats for 1 turn and 1 bleeding damage for one turn; the first time that this is used. This effect is doubled for those characters with the Pervert (Female) skill. All female characters now deals 1.5x damage in their next turn against male characters.

Description: This is simply a Henge no Jutsu used to transform the user into a beautiful, nude woman; iif the user is male, the woman's appearance is a beautiful female version of his appearance. This serves as a fantastic distraction, sometimes leading to an exaggerated nosebleed by the victim, and it is indeed annoyingly effective.

8 ranks of Inner Calm reduce the cost to nothing. Must pay at least 5 chakra.

2 ranks of Genjutsu Shaper means that the -10 to non-tank stats lasts for three turns, as does the bleeding and the 1.5x damage from female characters.

Genjutsu Shaper: For every rank in this skill, status effects inflicted by Genjutsu will last one post longer. This will not allow you to break the maximum post duration of any status effect.

Inner Calm: Chakra-Based Techniques cost 5 less chakra (Minimum of 5 chakra must always be paid however).

Accuracy: Base 60-50 (Sand) + 225 (My Acc) - 75 (Your evasion)= 160% chance to hit, maxed at 90%

Damage: N/A

Total Loss:

-9 hp, -5 chakra

Edited by Terrick Sukrai

Fire Specialty Naturally aligned to the element of the fire, this character has a natural tact at using and manipulating fire to their bidding. These characters are often very nimble and lighthearted. User can use fire based ninjutsu (no need for Subtle Elements) and has a +10% chance to dodge any attack. Fire-derived jutsu cost one less JP to a minimum of 1.

[RESPONSE PHASE]

MISS

The Tsuchiiro-hi smiles broadly, allowing his eyes to trace the body of his opponent. "Not bad. Not bad at all." Blood might have seeped from his nose, but was soaked up by his flesh into an almost unnoticable stain.

Bloodline

Name: Asshu-uwakawa (Ash Skin)

Rank 1: Character takes -10% damage from weapons and martial arts (punching/kicking) and is immune to ‘blood loss' statuses -2

[sETUP PHASE]

[MAIN PHASE]

A devilish grin evolves from the beaming smile on the youthful looking suna nin's face. Whilst making hand seals, he proudly calls, "All this breeze can't be showing your best side. I want to see you all hot and bothered!" As a cackle escapes his mouth, six beams of fire serpentine themselves towards the opposing nin.

Fire Type; Confining Serpents

Type: Ninjutsu (Fire)

Cost: 25 Chakra +60 chakra per serpent (min 2, max 6)

Damage: 45 fire/serpent

Effect: Burned for 20 damage for x turns, Target is Ensnared for one turn. x = number of snakes that hit.

Description: The nin using this creates a string of hand seals and finally faces their open palms to a target. From their palms come a number of serpents made of fire, which no matter how many there are take up the whole surface of both hands. These serpents of fire fly in winding paths at the enemy, and due to their composition allow the enemy less room to maneuver after all have attempted to strike him/her.

[ACCURACY TAG]

[Confining Serpents] 62% [x6]

Lightning Specialty Naturally aligned to the element of the lightning, this character has a natural tact at using and manipulating lightning to their bidding. These characters are often good at making stinging blows and stunning dodges; their motto could well be "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." User can use lightning based ninjutsu (no need for Subtle Elements) and has a +10% chance to hit with all taijutsu and ninjutsu attacks.

175<Amod>-225<Dmod>=-50

-50/6<#Hit>= -8

60-8=52; +10<Spec>= 62% [x6]

[DAMAGE TAG]

[Confining Serpents] 85/Hit

240<Amod>/6<#Hit>= 40

45+40=85

Burned 20 [#HIT] Turns

Burned: The target takes 120% damage from taijutsu, basic and weapon attacks and takes 10 damage per turn.

Max Duration: 4 turns

Ensnared 1 Turn

Ensnared: Uses Taijutsu with a 50% failure chance. Speed halved, cannot move around. May only be used once a battle per enemy by Gennin, three times by Chuunin and six times by Jounin.

Max Duration: 3 turns

[LOSS TAG

[-000HP|-000ST|-385CH]

Chakra +15%

[-000HP|-000ST|-635CH]

SPEED %: 83

TURN #: 183 (including my 100% the first turn)

Edited by PhantasyIV

All damage done in a single turn gains only one modifier. The modifier, if there are multiple hits, is divided by the amount of hits and added to every hit rounded up. Usually we prefer to not have techniques use more than five hits at a single time, as rolling to dodge can get annoying. This applies to basic attacks, small weapon attacks and any other attacks that are not a jutsu and are not covered under the multi-hit jutsu rules.

Example:

Ninja A has a Ninjutsu score of 200 uses a technique that fires four fireballs for 20 damage each.

- First you find out the modifier, which for this example is 50.

- Next you divide the modifier by 4, which is 12.5, rounded to 13.

- Finally you add this to each fireball, which causes each to deal 33 damage a peice.

So what's the point of multi-attack jutsus if they can miss more? They are more likely to get damage through. You get more tries to try and hit the opponent, and at times it can almost be a 100% certainty to hit at least once.

OOC: Right off the main site. This means that I still get the whole modifier to evasion man... no dividing the mod by 6, meaning your accuracy tag is this:

Base 60 + 70 (Your mod) + 10 (Lightning specialty) - 225 (My evasion mod) = -85% (Which gets brought up to 15% since that's the bare minimum, I just have to roll it six times, so there's always the chance to hit)

And your damage mod is this:

Base 45 + (120 (your mod)/6= 20)= 65 damage per snake

Also, please remember you have -10 to your stats?

Response Phase:

64, miss

20, miss

58, miss

100, miss

2, hit (Dangit!)

44, miss

Ensnared for one turn

90 points in Resistance gives a damage reduction of 30, so 35 + 10 (sandstorm) - 10% (Earth specialty) = 41 damage taken all told)

Speed is now 410 for one turn... If it were for two turns, you'd get to attack twice next turn... but you don't, sorry. Next turn I still get two turns as my speed percentile will go back to 74!

"AAAH!" She cried as first one, then another, and another fiery snake ripped out towards her, combined with the sandstorm to cause yet another set of burns along her body. "Grrrr, you know, pets who bite.... need to be taught a lesson...."

Setup Phase:

N/A

Main Phase:

The konoichi, still as naked as the day she was born, seem to take in a lungful of air, similar to Konoha's own Gokakyu no Jutsu... but instead of a blast of flame it was an head-splitting, chest-rattling, earth-shaking rumble which shouldn't be possible with a woman's vocal chords.

Sound Type; Final Requiem

Type: Ninjutsu (Sound)

Cost: 190

Damage: 320

Effect: Impaired Hearing for two turns.

Description: The user focuses chakra in their vocal cords and lungs with a deep breath and then lets loose a dull, low, destructive moan.

Cost: 7

8 ranks of Inner Calm reduce the cost to 150 chakra.

Accuracy tag:

Accuracy: Base 60-50 (Sand) + 225 (My Acc) - 70 (Your evasion)= 165% chance to hit, maxed at 90%

Damage tag:

Damage: 320 + 80 (my mod) - 190 (Your damage reduction) = 210 x 1.5 (Orioke no Jutsu!) = 315 damage

Regen Chakra: +10%

Total Loss tag:

-155 chakra, -50 hp

For purposes of this battle, there is no standard block chance, if you roll below your dodge roll, you take 100% damage, as well as effects. However, for every 30 points the defender have in the relevant defensive stat, the defender receive a +1% 'Blocking Percentile'. Likewise, for every 30 points in the relevant defensive stat, the target of the attack will receive 10 points of 'damage reduction' or subtract 10 points of the incoming damage from base damage and the relevant offensive modifier. Even if you block, effects are still fully there.
In addition, for purposes of this test, evasion and accuracy will only give 2% mods for every 20 points in them, not 5%, as was the truth before.

My accuracy would have been: 60<Base> + 10<Spec> = 70; + (60/6)->10 <A-Acc/#Hits> = 80 - 90<E-Mod> = [15%] [x6] (Immune to terrain effects)

Your earlier Oiroke...

60<Base> + 50 <G-Mod> - 60 <C-Mod> - 10<Spec> = 40%; *0.5<Terrain> = 20% So that means I dodged with a 66.

** Note - you used Accuracy, not Genjutsu I've noticed. Gen is acc & dmg, Con is Evs & soak **

Your Requiem

60<Base> + 90 <A-Mod> - 30 <E-Mod> - 10<Spec> = 110; *0.5<Terrain> = 55%

Damage:

320<Base> + 80<N-Mod> - 200 = 200;

My Soak stats are all 20% "Blocking Chance" and -200 Damage

Please factor that into your damage and loss tags - I'm currently formulating my next post. Thanks for the catch on multi-hit accuracy, and sorry for the miscalc on damage - I did the right math with one wrong number.

Your initial speed number was 500/900 = 56%

Then the sand kicked in: 500/820 = 61

Ensnared: 500/410 = 122

Turn #: 183

We're tied now, and I have the lowest Speed % right now.

Lastly, don't forget the 10 9 damage from your one turn Burned Status

Edited by PhantasyIV

[RESPONSE PHASE

MISS

Raging winds whip sand around with a disrupting howl help the Tsuchiiro-hi narrowly evade the wave of destructive sound directed towards him. "That was close..." Mutters the suna jounin, who then flicks his eyes to a sideways gaze to his opponent. "But not close enough for me." He adds.

|>SETUP PHASE

Grabbing a hand full of sand and clumping it together, the nin is quickly provided a companion by his side that simulates his own eye.

Third Eye (Daisan no Me)

Type: Ninjutsu (Sand)

Cost: 80

Effect: Used in the Setup Phase. Creates an eye of sand for three turns. This sensory unit acts as a third eye, and while active the user cannot suffer the effects of Blind. The eye, while active, also adds +40 Accuracy to the user. The eye itself has 1 HP and is destroyed by any attack that includes it as a target. May only have one Third Eye in play at any given time.

Description: This jutsu creates a floating eyeball out of sand that is connected to the user's optic nerves. Its main purpose is spying, since it can form and disperse in any location on command.

|>MAIN PHASE

Deciding now that he needs to be closer to his opponent, Taijutsu seems to be the key for his next attack. The few seals that are required are formed incredibly quickly, and two of the nin leap towards the kunoichi, each performing a jumping side kick aimed for her fresh burn, even though his eyes are not looking where he expects the kick to land.

Dance of the Cresent Moon (Mikazuki no Mai)

Type: Genjutsu/Taijustu

Cost: 60 Taijustu/20 Genjutsu

Damage: 70

Effect: Increases user's accuracy by 40 for this attack.

Description: A sword attack which creates two Clones that, with the user, attack simultaneously to confuse the target.

|>ACCURACY TAG]

[Crescent] 48%

60<Base> + 68<Acc> +10<Spc> -90<Evs>

[DAMAGE TAG]

[Crescent] 108 DMG

70<Base> + 50<Tai> -30<Def>= 90; *1.2<Burn>

[LOSS TAG]

[-000HP|-060ST|-100CH]

[-000HP|-060ST|-735CH]

Chakra +15% |||

SPEED%: 83%

TURN #: 266