Warr

Akimichi Chouka

"My name is Akimichi Chouka, and if you don't watch out, I'll eat you, and your little puppy, too."

-Akimichi Chouka, Age 5, to Inuzuka Sumire

Name: Akimichi Chouka [秋道チョ 叙事詩 ]

Titles & Aliases: Kyouwan Chouka, Chouka Kerrung, Chouka Senketsung, Black Hole Belly, Captain Konoha

Date of Birth: March, 5th 2102

Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Blood Type: O+

Clan: Akimichi [秋道チョ]

Village: Konohagakure no Sato [木ノ葉隠れの里 ]

Nationality: Hi no Kuni [火 の国 ]

Order of Allegiance: His family [The Akimichi Clan 秋道チョ], His friends, His Homeland & Village [Hi no Kuni 火 の国 & Konohagakure no Sato 木ノ葉隠れの里 ].

Edited by Warr

"But the roster says there's another Akimichi in this class. I don't see him, either. Young man, will you put down your hand? I'll let you go to the restroom after I figure out this attendance form.”

-Nara Momaru, Konohagakure Academy Teacer

Akimichi_Chouji_by_miwichama_resize.jpg

(Chouka at age 8, in a family picture.)

"Hi Sumi. Want this picture my mom made me take? I think it's nice. I look really Akimichi in it."

-Akimichi Chouka, Age 8

Appearance

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 140 lbs

Hair: Chouka is the son of a far-traveled barbarian, and as such has never been held to the same standards of hair care as others. As is common amongst his clan, his hair was allowed to grow to the point it was almost a mane. This, combined with the fact that the boy takes many of his features from his father, made the boy look lion-ish as a younger child. So lionish, in fact, that many children began to call him 'Shishi' (Lion), during this period of his youth. While he has let his hair grow longer and longer throughout his training, on the night of his graduation from Academy Student to Gennin, the Akimichi youth lobbed away his mane. No more did a banner of dark brown, red-brown, golden-brown, and black hair ruffle in the wind. His hair is now kept at just a few centimeters longer than what one might consider short, and left unkempt and untamed in any form, often defying even gravity.

Eyes: Chouka's eyes are another trait which he received from his paternal genetics, standing out in all times of day simply because of their depth of blue and brightness. They are best described as like sapphires.

Clothing: Chouka's clothing is simple, both because his father refuses to buy 'unnecessarily fancy' clothing, and because Chouka himself dislikes it. Typically, the boy is found in a bright yellow t-shirt which is a few sizes too big, and a pair of red-brown cargo shorts [which are likewise a size or two too big], and a pair of dark, dark blue zori. On cold days or days when he feels that he needs to wear it, Chouka accompanies this garb with a simple canary yellow jacket, which has the Akimichi clan's symbol upon it's back, and which all but swallows him.

Physical Description: Akimichi Chouka is an ogre hiding in a butterfly's body. Yes, you read correctly. While most Akimichi are the prime example of gentle giants, Chouka is something different entirely. Born like the majority of the Akimichi clan's children, a happy, healthy, heavy, infant, he quickly proved to have a monstrous appetite and an even more monstrous metabolism. The result, in the end, made the thirteen year old a bit of a beast.

Despite Akimichi size helpings whenever he eats, his body doesn't seem to visibly retain much fat. Even with two years of trying to eat two times as much as his fellow youth Akimichi clansmen, he is barely what one would consider 'chubby', and even then only from his cheeks, and his dimples.

The majority of Chouka is fairly lithe, particularly in his arms and torso, and his knees and shoulders both are fairly large for his age, almost proclaiming that he'll be growing soon, but tormenting him with no knowledge of when. His hands and feet are following suit, and as a result he's a fairly gangly 13 year old, or at least seems so in combination with the slight chubby, slight litheness of his body, and the length of his already slightly growing body.

He has a moderate sized scar across his chest [and approximately 5 inches below his collar bone] from the slice of a NCIA shinobi-nin whom he attacked during the liberation of Konohagakure no Sato.

Edited by Warr

Personality:

Perhaps because of his very strange position amongst his clan, Chouka has always been a complex, and even strange child. While very mature and apt to learn [and adapt] when circumstances call for it, he is just as often immature and playful. Childish games and reading habits are things he enjoys greatly, and he wakes up every day with a smile on his face.

That is to say his general personality is outgoing and friendly, happy and curious about the world around him. When one of his emotional levies are touched upon however, he flips into a personality very much different. If one was to talk ill about his father, or mother, or sister, or clan, or his best friend Sumire, he would turn from a happy insect of a child into a raging boar, angry, prone to violence, and screaming battlecries at the top of his lungs. While those things will set him roaring for a fight, other things will simply provoke a 'death glare'. Mentioning his weight and build is likely to irritate him at best, or anger him at worse. Questioning if he is really an Akimichi is guaranteed to make him huff, and puff and give promises of death with his face, the best his teenage face can express them.

And inspired being the fact he is an outlander's son, Chouka is sometimes a brute in mannerisms, even when it comes to simple things, or when he's being friendly. Roughhousing and bellowing at the top of his lungs are favorite hobbies.

Inspired by the tales of warriors of old and by his own capability to learn, Chouka is most of the time easily describe as a a 'fearless child with a steel will', in regards to battle or challenges in the shinobi arts. They are the thing he is the most interested in [not counting food and learning his father's cooking secrets].

Chouka is simple minded in his likes, chief of them are mostly age appropriate things. Comic books, Heroic Sagas, and running about the village are his chief favorite activities to do. He loves food, and eating food. He also loves roughhousing, and spending his time making the most of his time.

Dislikes:

Frogs, Corn, Peas, Any food derived from those two foods, sugar free candy, diet food. People who are stuck up or people who talk badly about his clan. Ignorance, and fear.

Favorite:

Noodle;
Ramen

Meat;
Barbecue Beef

Yeast;
Fjord Boar Inn Style Dumplings

Vegetable;
Carrots

Drink;
Root Beer

Color;
Deep Blue & Orange

Music Genre;
Heavy Metal

Book Genre;
History, Heroic Sagas

Season;
Spring

Insect;
Hercules Beetle

Animal;
Tie between Lion and Bear

Assorted Quotes:

"It takes a bigger man to beg than it takes to do without. Honor may require a level of pride about oneself, but I'd rather be humble and full than proud and hungry.”

"I'm hungry, da.”

"Only three booooowls?”

"Leave Sumi alone.”

"RAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH.”

"Is that all you got? That won't stop me, noodlearms. My people are made of ogre-stock, and giant-noodles.”

"Yeah, I'm an Akimichi. Can't you see the hunger in my eyes? Hahahahahaha. Do I smell pee?”

"Captain Konoha to the rescue!”

Edited by Warr

Chapter 0: The Saga of Kyouwan Senketsu

"It was a score of years ago, when I left my cold and distant birthplace. A score of years ago when I began the journey I thought would bring me glory, the journey I thought would lead me to my own Saga to be told for generations by my people, by our people. But instead this journey of mine led me to you, my beautiful butterfly, it led me to you and to a clan of people after my own heart. It wasn't what I expected, but I am content. My journey has begot me a fertile wife and a strong son, my journey has begot me a home.” -Kyouwan Senketsu (Kerr Skerrung), Spring, 2102, to Akimichi Yamakuji

In the ways of Akimichi Chouka's paternal ancestors, a man's genetics have less to do with one's mother as their father. The foundation of themselves and their deeds are made by their fathers' and their fathers' deeds, so that one with an famous ancestor may well cling to the name of that ancestor for centuries or more; so that one with a father whom is of good fame may well take their father's name with a denonym denoting them as the son of that man. It is a culture where there is much focus on the history of your father and forefathers [regardless of their maternal or paternal status].

As a result, regardless of the culture and continent which Chouka was born into, his story begins with his father's story. The man who would be his father later in life was born to a poor fisherman and his wife, a family whom had been forced from their own clann because the fisherman had not proved himself a man, but went to take a wife regardless. That fisherman's name was Magne and the woman who would be his wife was named Freya.

They lived far enough away from their former kin to be safe, nestled in a little ramshackle house protected by it's position within a rarely passed through fjord; and they were happy with this life, fishing, hunting, and scavenging for what they needed. In their happiness, they found each other's arms often, and in finding each other's arms often, they found themselves a son. The boy, born without a clann name or a father whom could even give him the name of his forefather's as a surname, this young boy, who's eyes were sharp as a spear, was given the name of the greatest warrior they knew.

He was named for the fjord which cradled their little family. Kerr Skerrson he was named, and he grew quickly in the eternity of wilderness. He learned to forage for himself, to hunt, to fish, to kill predators without hesitation and to deal with extremes which few within the ninja continent would bare. By the time he was eight winters old, he would regularly go beyond his parent's accepted boundaries. He would regularly explore the world around them, greeting the wilderness and feeling at home in it all. He was a child born fearless, a lion amongst men.

But wolves in a pack are apt and happy to strike at lions guarding sheep. In the years which he grew from a boy to a fledgling man, he was not as unnoticed as he had thought, he was not as stealthy as his parents thought. His cousins, the people of his parent's lost clann, they slowly began to notice him in this pristine wilderness, they slowly skimmed across him, and he was none the wiser. While he could hunt and sense any animal that he knew of, he had never truly met the bestial animal that is man.

Despite his obvious resemblance to the members of that clann and the assumption he might be the child of one of the runaways, he wasn't attacked or even interfered with. They simply took note of his existence and his resemblance, and reported such to their clann's chieftain.

Those notes were the problem, as their chieftain was newly crowned, and when he had been a boy, he had been the jealous suitor who saw himself the rival of Magne for Freya's affections. This history with the two and the boy's resemblance to their clann made him tremble with rage. "By the gods, if I can't have her, neither shall he have her. I took his clann from him and he seeks to build another in it's place. This is not the way, he should have died a coward's death by my hand when he tried to flee, and so we shall end this.”

So his whispers came, so they went. The clann prepared for it's march to war, prepared to extract vengeance for breaking its laws. It prepared to set things aright. Their scouts followed the boy, keeping track of him until he finally returned to his family's cottage.

When the boy left for his morning hunt the next day, the warriors of the clann struck. They razed the cottage to the ground, they set up traps around it, they lay in wait to ambush the trio of exiles. As they knew would be true, it took little time for Freya to return from her foraging and farming, to land into a trap. It took even less time after her screams rang through the chilly ghost of a land they lived upon and for her husband to come rushing back to the cottage, spear in hand.

While his years on his own had made Magne far stronger in will and skill than he had been, not even he was a match for six of his clann's warriors. As he fought them off, his wife lay with her throat on the blade of the clann's new head, and he threw himself even more fiercely into battle. He struck down four of the six within minutes, and he flew at the wicked clannhead, his spear dropped to the way side for his long knife.

And so his wife was thrown at him, and so he had to step away to keep from cutting his beloved. So he had to throw himself upon the spear of the wicked upstart to save his wife, and in vain. The two of them lay impaled on the upstart's spear in the end.

And for the first time in many winters, Freya and Magne's son Kerr wept. Tears washed his face as he saw his family's home in cinders, as he saw his parents upon the spear of another like rabbits in a hunt. He wept, and then he did something entirely different, something not seen in centuries by his people, something that his parent's former clann's founder had been known for.

Kerr Skerrung, Kerr Magneson, Kerr Freyason; Kerr of those three parents, he flew into a blinding rage, and he ran at the surviving warriors with his spear and his knife both drawn. Like a murderous beast or the hound to end it all, he struck the warriors, and he followed the scouts to -their- homes, as they ran. He found the people who would shun his father, a man who had died a warrior's death.

And he gave himself retribution. He spilled blood sevenfold for the blood he he had lost in his parents. He hunted and killed for what seemed like days to him, though it was only hours. He did this all, and when he woke up from the rage, he felt sorrow. His father and mother had loved all around them, and even cared for the animals which gave them sustainance.

Yet he had done the opposite, torn away a dozen people's life for his own rage. His body trembled with emotions, and he was left with only one thing to do. To begin a journey, a pilgrimage to find himself and to find peace, to find a home to replace the one he had been stolen from.

Two hundred days of hunting and walking in the biting cold, of surviving and heading towards the south and other coasts. It took him that long, and in the time he slowly began to learn of other cultures, as he began to pass throw the kingdoms his father's people had always referred to as the 'middle kingdoms' or 'the lands of sheep'. In this place he took leave to work as a simple farmer's aide and shepherd, and he stayed for two years, learning of this place and it's people and it's ways. He learned of it's troubles, and he felt for them, helping where he could. Inevitably, inevitably, his luck ran out, and trouble came acalling once again. The farmers whom had given him a refuge for these two short years were beset by bandits, and as a man raised as he was, as a man seeking to be like these men, he took to the field, shield and sword in hand.

He fought alongside his new found kin with bravery and determination, shield battering against the bandits weapons, finding more success than even his sword did. He fought and fought and fought, but in the end the rush of battle and the fury of it all triggered that ability of his father's ancestors once more. His body began to warp with rage, striking out anywhere and everywhere, and in the end his heart welled up with sorrow. He defeated the bandits, but in the process he had struck down the majority of this family which had been so kind to him.

Dropping the sword, he grabbed what little he owned (and the shield) and continued his journey. For two hundred days he walked, for two hundred days he walked through farmlands and forest, through civilization and wilderness. For two hundred lonely days he searched for something to set his guilt aright, for some cause greater than him to lose himself and his sins to. For two hundred days he did vagabond's work and begged, for two hundred days he was lucky to even have dumplings in his pack to eat.

And in those two hundred days, he was not without conflict. Regularly, he was set upon bandits, and regularly he had to use the skills he had learned in his past to defend himself. It was not unnoticed by anyone, these battles. He became more and more famous with every mile, and it was inevitable that he fell in with a mercenary company. His skills were too useful for them to not be used, and his battlewarping, his berserking, it had not been seen for 200 days. They knew nothing of it. He was just a man good with a sword and even better with a shield.

And so three years passed, and so Kerr found himself amongst men whom he could consider brothers, men who he called brothers. They were defenders of the common man, but they did not work strictly in the bounds of the law, and they were constantly on the move, the Kings of the lands all wanted their heads.

And while they were great warriors, while young Kerr learned much under them, they were only thirteen men, and inevitably they met their match by overwhelming numbers. They fought hard, but they whispered a simple command to Kerr. Run, run with all your life. To the coast and to find a boat, to sail the great south ocean and to inevitably find somewhere else. To search for the continent which legends spoke of, where men ran up trees with some magic energy, where mountains and rivers were walked upon without problem. Surely in such a land someone would know how to control Kerr's raging, they whispered. Surely someone would give him the tools needed to give him peace, the first step to truly finding his home.

Without fear but full of sorrow, the young outlander did as told. He ran for a day, by good luck he found a boat. He bartered all his gold for the best ship they'd sell him, the best supplies they would give him for the gold he had. Then he set sail.

And he sailed for what seemed like a century, for so many days he stopped keeping track. He sailed for so long he began to feel the ocean might have more sentience than he originally thought. He sailed for so long that he began to think it was his punishment for his sins. He sailed and sailed, and then he landed.

He landed in a strange land that was different in many ways but similar in many others. The land which the majority of the known world calls the continent or the 'ninja continent'. The place he had been aiming for.

He began traveling through the world, learning it's language, learning it's ways. A simple wanderer seeking peace, seeking control over his ability. Through the mountains of Lightning Country and their harsh terrain through the minor ninja countries, he traveled. He traveled onwards and onwards in search of the 'ninja' and the place known as 'Konohagakure', which he had heard whispers of.

So he marched through Hi no Kuni, searching and tracking until he finally found it. One chapter of Senketsu's life had ended, and the beginning of Akimichi Chouka's history had just begun.

Prologue: The Foreign Hound and the Fiery Butterfly

"You killed my soup!" - Kyouwan Senketsu, 2101

Kerr's travels within Hi no Kuni and Konohagakure no Sato were no more fruitful than his travels before, at least at first. His speech had not picked enough of the language which was spoken upon the continent in common to not sound like an idiotic barbarian, and few would even give him a chance for work, none the less try to help him deal with his rage problems. After months of wondering the village and spending what money he had, sleeping in alleyways, he stumbled upon an inn which had food that smelled so sweet he felt an uncontrollable compulsion to run to the source of it.

As he entered the inn the young outlander received no end of looks, from coy glances at the curiousity of such a man to rude stares and grumbles about the audacity of one such as he to enter a place like this without having bathed. Yet the fiery haired northman didn't even give them a look in return, unconscious of the looks he was given because his mind was so dominated by the thought of getting whatever food it was that was the source of that smell.

So unconscious of his surroundings was he, in fact, he cut in line in front of an entire group of men who were easily each twice his weight or more, and who stood the same outrageous height he did in comparison to the common continental. A group whom most Konohagakurans would know without properly looking as the Akimichi clan, and a group whom he not only cut in front of, but whom he ordered half of the food they had had their eyes on.

It was inevitable that a showdown would come, between this all but hypnotized outlander and this of the clan which was amongst the most noble of Konohagakure. The son of the Clanhead had been specifically offended, as not only was he the one shoved out of the way for the cut in line to happen, but he was the one who had to wait an extra twenty minutes to get the food he wanted, an extra twenty minutes because of the outlander taking the last of them.

And as Kerr ate with the strange wooden sticks the people of this continent normally used [as in used them to stab his food], the Akimichi Prince approached him with his meanest look, his sternest glare. He stood shadow over Kerr, like a meteor over a comet, for what seemed like hours. There wasn't even a look to the Akimichi by the northman in that time, and in the end the Akimichi prince lost his patience.

His plate sized hand slammed into the table, sending it into a quake, and sending the bowl of soup which Kerr had so fiercely hoped for into the ground, the bowl shattering and the soup squandered on oblivion.

In reaction, in rage, Kerr Skerrson threw himself from the chair, wooden pokey tools in his hands like daggers, eyes filled with rage which would make a dragon defaecate itself. He threw himself upon the Konohagakuran with great rage and great might, punching and slapping with the sticks, roaring and wrestling from the Akimichi's attempts to put him in a hold and pacify him.

The war went on for minutes, and then the Akimichi Prince's father stepped in, striding to the two of them and sending the ground a quake as he did. With the quickness of a tiger, the giant of a man separated the two, and held them off the ground, giving them looks.

Then he placed them back on the ground, and nodded to Kerr. "Eat with us, friend. For you're braver than many I've seen, and quicker too.” The Akimichi headman even held up a bowl of soup to replace the one lost, and so the outlander accepted without pause.

Immediately, the Akimichi and the Outlander became fast friends, talking of food and of battles, of song and drink. Slyly, shyly, the Akimichi Prince's sister, Yamakuji, looked upon the outlander with infatuation, with affection. He interested her in his every way, and inevitably, her brother noticed this, asking what she would not, for her.

"And what would we call you, friend?”

Kerr gave no name, still afraid of his own name, still wounded from past actions, past sins, past memories. And as he gave no name but 'Fjord', [Kyouwan], they asked him further. "Were you born from the Fjord, or were you named it in fancy?” "Born, born.” So to this clan of butterfly ogres, he became 'Kyouwan', and when pushed for a first name, he would give them none. In the end, from relentless pushes, an insult he had been called in far off Rai no Kuni slipped forth. "Senketsu” Meat Eating Barbarian, Outlander. So he was reborn with a continental name, offered friendship and a place to stay with this clan of continental giants.

And so he found peace in self-same individuals, in the love of the fiery young butterfly of the Akimichi, in the control they attempted to give him over his rage. He learned many things, and began to speak so well he started to make many friends.

By the end of that year, he asked for the hand of Yamakuji, and by the end of that year he started his own inn with his new father-in-law's help. The Fjord Boar Inn, it was called, and in it's halls a family would be raised. Within the next year, the squeaks and squawks of an Akimichi child could be heard, the baby whom would be Akimichi Chouka, named for the amount of joy he brought his parents, named for the enthusiasm seen in his eyes even at birth.

Edited by Warr

Chapter 1: Springs, Summers, Falls, and Winters

"Is that dog your mom...?” -Akimichi Chouka, Age 3, to Inuzuka Sumire, 2105

Akimichi Chouka's early child was an uneventful one. Being the first grandchild of his grandfather and grandmother, he was doted over by the majority of his family even from the time he was born. Doted over simply from his existence, and doted over more because his adeptness at learning. He walked before his first year, he spoke before his eighteenth month. Those bright sapphires of his were always darting about curiously, and he was always being doted over with attention.

His father spent time cooking with him and telling him tales, his mother spent time with him cuddling and learning, his uncles spent time with him teaching him about his ancestry and wrestling with him. It was idyllic, and he was without want [aside from seconds at dinner.]

He spent time playing with his cousins amongst the clan when he wasn't being doted over by his family, and he never really realized he was any different from them until he was five or six and started to play with non-Akimichi.

It should be said, though, that not everyone in his clan treated him as one of the family. Some never accepted his father, so couldn't accept him, especially as gangly as he was even as a toddler. When his parents and maternal uncles weren't around, when his grandparents couldn't hear, his second cousins and others amongst the clan called him names, or refereed to him as a 'half-blood' or 'moth'.

It tore at him, and he didn't have a true friend amongst his cousins or the other children in the village until the last day of October, 2105, when he and his father was introduced to a pup of a girl from the Inuzuka clan, a whelp named Sumire, who's father's dog had dragged her to him. The generally outgoing and friendly Akimichi boy extended his hand in friendship to Sumi, and in no time they were the best of friends, as good as siblings.

It was she who inspired him to try to stand up to the bullies who pushed him around, though the four year old wasn't directly told by his little female friend to do so. As others moved to pick on Sumi when they realized Chouka's mental skin was thicker than a castle wall, he lost himself. Gone were happy games and friendly action, replaced with balled fists and roaring voices.

And as his Inuzuka friend continued to be mistreated by her parents, the two slowly fell into a pattern of friendship, Sumi even having her own space within Chouka's bedroom. It was so much that the often mistreated Akimichi boy didn't even dote too much over his baby sister, who arrived during his fifth year, when Kumogakure no Sato invaded.

His family's Inn wasn't bothered, and even prospered, because of his father's outlander status. No Kumogakurans expected that he'd have Konohagakuran affiliations, or he'd give the resistance aid, but he did time and time again. In private, the great hound of a northman began to teach his eldest child arts which were often ignored by the shinobi-nin, hand-to-hand combat and use of weapons, to be able to defend himself and those he loved if he needed to.

During this time, Chouka and his little sister Umisayaka (Saya) spent much time within the Inn itself, or playing with Sumi. Despite the fact that the exceptionally bright young Akimichi boy knew very well what was going on in the world, he knew of the NCIA occupation and of the Resistance, he never brought it up with Sumi, instead losing time with whatever games they could think of. And so the three years of occupation passed by quickly, no actual action happening or affecting the little family or the Akimichi directly tied to it, until the night the Raikage was killed and Konohagakure was finally taken back.

On that night, a rogue NCIA shinobi went crazy near the Inn, and inevitably stumbled into it looking for a hiding place, or hostages, or anything he could find. As the NCIA shinobi moved to grab for Saya, the then seven year old Chouka revved himself into gear. From all of the training he had been given from his father, he jumped onto a table, and then pounce the NCIA ninja, getting sliced in the chest in the process, but none the less saving little Saya.

Senketsu was by no means deaf, and hearing his children cry sent the man into his age old rage, shield in hand. When the battle was over there was a ex-NCIA ninja with a profoundly bruised skull and body, and as extreme as that was for such a thing as making Senketsu's children cry, if his Akimichi kin hadn't arrived on the scene, the NCIA ninja would have surely died from blunt force trauma.

While some might think the event traumatized the two children, it did nothing of the sort. Saya became even more happy to have her big brother, and Chouka became even more proud to be his father's son, proudly wearing the scar from slash across his young chest.

Immediately after fevered discussion with his parents and uncles, he decided that he would enter the academy as soon as it reopened. He even decided to talk Sumi's mother into letting Sumi go, or to sneak Sumi in anyways. And so five idyllic years passed for the young ogre, learning more of himself and learning more of his art.

Along this time, he threw himself into his training thirty percent of the time, excelling primarily because of his genius intellect. He graduated the academy with top marks, and he did it while balancing a social life and hanging out with his best friend Sumi, and spending time as his secret identity, 'Captain Konoha', and at random times 'defending the village from mayhem' in the process. Despite his claim as a 'superhero' is mostly fake, he has gained quite a bit of battle experience from it.

Edited by Warr

Relationship Profile

Immediate Family

Kyouwan Senketsu [Father] - Senketsu is one of the people whom Chouka loves the most in the world. A doting if a bit strange father, Senketsu is from a far off land and has strange customs. He is where Chouka gets a lot of his eccentricities from, and was an accomplished warrior in his own time. Now he's an accomplished father and cook.

Akimichi Yamakuji [Mother] - Yamakuji is doting mother who is very much the opposite of her husband. Only slightly taller than normal height and very heavy, she was once a ninja specializing in medical ninjutsu, but found the career path unsatisfying and began to study nutrition. She is now an expert in the field and both uses it to help the Fjord Boar's menu and as a consultant within the village. Well, that, and to teach her children about calories, as important as they are for the Akimichi clan.

Akimichi Umisayaka/Kyouwan Umisayaka [sister] - The only daughter of Senketsu and Yamakuji as of yet, Saya is four years younger than Chouka, and has spent her entire childhood idolizing her brother and his best friend Sumire. She is very friendly to the Inuzuka girl and regularly brags to her classmates within the Academy about who her brother is, despite the fact he has yet to make a name for himself. She also regularly blabbers about how she thinks Chouka has a crush on Sumi and how they should be a couple. Unlike Chouka, she is quite visibly Akimichi, taking after their maternal family without a doubt.

Family

Akimichi Hairoguma [uncle] - The Eldest brother of Yamakuji, and the same of the Akimichi boys who fought Senketsu when they first met. Despite the fact he originally didn't know if he liked Senketsu well, he has always been doting upon his nephew and niece, and Chouka genuinely loves his uncle Guma and spending time with him. Guma is loved so much that Chouka will get irritated to the point of death glares if one calls his uncle a name, and will begin wailing if someone calls his uncle the big 'F' word, 'Fat'.

Akimichi Yacho [uncle] - The twin brother of Yamakuji and the most rambunctious of the Akimichi brothers. While his name means wild boar, it is commonly joked that they left out a u when spelling his name and he was really named night owl. Yacho sleeps very little per day, and often is seen at parties around the village, being the merriest of the bunch. Like Senketsu and Hairoguma, Chouka looks up to Yacho.

Akimichi Ageha [Grandmother] - While she didn't spend absolutely all of her time during Chouka's childhood around her grandchildren, she was still a very much doting grandmother when she had a chance to. She was often busy with her duties as the wife of the Clanhead during that time, and during the occupation with trying to foster her clan while not actively encouraging any of them to take up or keep up ninjutsu. Despite being a fairly old woman, she still seems to be very healthy, and treats her grandchildren [whom she considers Sumi one of], with an extreme amount of love, including giving crushing hugs. Sometimes Chouka jokingly calls her 'Obaachan Guma'(Grandma Bear).

Akimichi Yamakujira [Grandfather] - The father of Chouka's mother and the patriarch of the Akimichi clan. While formerly the Clanhead, he retired from his duty after over three decades as a shinobi-nin, [and a grevious near crippling wound to his left arm during the Kumogakuran Invasion]. Perhaps the one of the biggest of the entire Akimichi clan, and definitely the largest of the brood which Chouka was born from, the grey haired Akimichi often wrestles with his grandson, but doesn't spend much time with him beyond that. He prefers to watch his grandchildren in silence and serenity [which is to say a couple dozen yards from their enthusiastic yelling].

Inuzuka Sumire [best Friend, Playmate, Crush] - Chouka and Sumi have been [mostly] inseparable from the time they first met at the age of 3. They have an innate understanding of each other and comfortability with each other, and after being best friends for a decade, Chouka is especially protective of Sumi. Some joke it is actually possessiveness, but the young Akimichi boy vehemently denies it. He hopes to be teamed with her now that the two of them have graduated the academy, and he only put in a minute amount of his effort to graduate it with any speed so he'd graduate it at the same time as her. [He'd vehemently deny that, too, though.]

Rivals

Yamanaka Amarante [sumi's Mother] - Chouka decided he didn't like Amarante the second he met her, at the age of three years old. In the ten years that have passed since then, he has only begun to dislike her more and more, as she keeps his best friend Sumi from him. He vehemently dislikes her, but he has not made her a direct enemy yet simply because she bowed to "The Unstoppable Will of Chouka" when it came to letting Sumi enroll in the academy. He regularly calls her 'Toothpick Toothpick' when he sees her.

Edited by Warr

"Now we have a fight on our hands! Put the kebab down now, Saya! I'm warning you! MINE! MY KEBAB!"

Ninja Stats

Intellect [Death Bonus]: Genius

Level: 16

TXP: 2250

Next Level: 2400

Level 20: 3000

-Stats (2300 used out of 2300 total)-

(Health Power) 500

(Stamina) 300

(Chakra) 200

(Taijutsu) 200

(Defense) 200

(Ninjutsu) 100

(Genjutsu) 200

(Concentration) 200

(Speed) 200 [180]

(Accuracy) 200

(Evasion) 200 [180]

(Calories) 2000

Edited by Warr

"BOW TO THE UNSTOPPABLE WILL OF CHOUKA."

Skill Point Gains [19]

+ 2 (Character Creation)

+ 2 (Hindrances)

+ 2 (Genius Death Bonus)

+ 10 (Levels 1-10)

+ 3 (Levels 11-16)

+

Skill Point Spendatures [13]

- 2 (Second Wind)

- 1 (Path of the Warrior)

- 4 (2 Ranks of Calorie Counter)

- 3 (Strategist)

- 1 (Warrior (Shield))

- 1 (Calorie Lunchbox)

- 1 (Calorie Strongbox)

- ()

Remaining Skill Points

Skills:

Second Wind

Description/Effects: Upon reaching 0 health, user regains 1Hp, but only once per battle.

Cost: -2

Strategist

Once a battle, and only once, you may choose to have any one of your attacks become a critical hit for 1.5 times its usual damage.

Cost: -3

Warrior (Shield)

An attack from a shield will deal a bonus +5 Damage per strike (per rank).

Ranks: 2

Cost: -1

Calorie Lunchbox

Bloodline: Akimichi

Description: The Akimichi clan are one of Konohagakure no Sato's oldest and most misunderstood noble clans. They are a clan whom are both underestimated and overestimated, and they are a clan which is almost unilaterally required to devour as much high calorie food as they can, so they can provide energy for themselves. While most Akimichi eat and eat and eat daily, some are naturally capable of keeping their caloric intake in 'storage' after eating an amount of calories to a certain point, and gaining more calories from a food than others would be able to gain.

Effect: Double the calorie intake given by eating a food item. For food items which do not have a calorie intake, consider their cost in $ times 3 to be their calories.

Calorie Strongbox

Description: The Akimichi clan are one of Konohagakure no Sato's oldest and most misunderstood noble clans. They are a clan whom are both underestimated and overestimated, and they are a clan which is almost unilaterally required to devour as much high calorie food as they can, so they can provide energy for themselves. While most Akimichi eat and eat and eat daily, some are naturally capable of keeping their a large amount caloric intake in 'storage' after eating an amount of calories to a certain point, and gaining more calories from a food than others would be able to gain.

Effect: Triple the calorie intake given by eating a food item. For food items which do not have a calorie intake, consider their cost in $ times 3 to be their calories.

Requirements: Calorie Lunch Box, Gifted or above Death Bonus

Death Bonus

Genius-

A genius shinobi is one of incredible improvisation and tactic, relying upon stratagem and intelligence to overcome a foe, more so than raw power. These ninja are calculating and meticulous, surprising even the most experienced of shinobi in combat with well timed traps or mastery over a unique bloodline. Going above and beyond the expectations of others, these ninja take the world by surprise with their incredible ability to overwhelm with sheer prediction and maneuver.

Advantages:

-+200 Stats (does not count as a level)

- +2 Skill Point

- +20 Jutsu Points

- Character gains +10% EXP from Training & Missions. Does not stack with Quick Learner.

Kekkei Genkei

Calorie Counter (Kou Netsuryou) カウンター カロリー

"We Akimichi are fat, slow, and often viewed as stupid. We're generally underestimated, because people don't understand us. While we seem to be more like pigs or boars than what we hold so dear, butterflies, people will always assume this. But it is just as well, because they couldn't understand it even if they had the enlightening vision of the Hyuuga. Our power lays in our belly, hahaha. Why? They mirror us, and hold secrets only the Nara might know about us. Remember to count your calories as I train you, child."[-Akimichi Yacho to Akimichi Chouka]

The Akimichi Metabolism is an amazing thing, even if an outsider couldn't tell it. While a layman would assume they have an extremely slow metabolism by nature and can't get rid of too much of the food energy they gain [or simply don't try to get rid of those calories], the Akimichi have an extremely slow metabolism, but also an innate ability to control it. It allows them to retain far more food energy than most others, and it allows them to burn that food energy to do a number of things.

These things range from simply burning some or their own food energy to make their hits harder, to allowing manipulation of their body's growth in a range that is almost an secret technique in and of itself, to burning calories to make their own stamina or chakra return quickly. Because of their caloric retaining abilities, they are given an extra stat, and always have the mentioned amount of calories as mentioned by the rank of the stat, at every battle. This stat may not be raised via statistic points, and may never be higher than the maximum amount of calories as allowed for by ranks. Calories may be returned only by consuming food in battle, and consumed food -may- make the user's caloric amount go above it's current maximum. While it may go over the maximum, anytime the user's calories are past the maximum calories are burned per turn they lose them at a rate of 1/4th of the excess amount per turn, until the calories are back at their maximum [or below.]

This ability is actually the cause of the Akimichi clan's legendary ratio pills usefulness, the ability in and of itself only being magnified by the metabolism enhancing properties of those pills.

Calorie Rules:

Calories begin at a static amount in every battle depending on the Akimichi's rank of 'Calorie Counter'. They may be replenished in battle only by eating food items.

Calories may be returned only by consuming food in battle, and consumed food -may- make the user's caloric amount go above it's current maximum. While it may go over the maximum, anytime the user's calories are past the maximum calories are burned per turn they lose them at a rate of 1/4th of the excess amount per turn, until the calories are back at their maximum [or below.]

Calories may be be used at a 50:1 ratio (calorie:stat) to increase the either user's taijutsu, defense, accuracy, or health statistic, for 3 turns. Following those turns, the statistics are dropped to whatever they would be if the addition hadn't happened.

The user may burn calories to regain stamina or chakra, a rate of 20:1 (calorie:chakra) or 20:1 (calorie:stamina).

The use of Akimichi clan techniques which manipulate size require at least Rank 1 of 'Calorie Counter'. All Akimichi must take at least the 1st rank of Calorie Counter.

Ranks: 2

Calories: 1000 (Rank 1), 2000 (Rank 2), 3000 (Rank 3), 4000 (Rank 4), 5000 (Rank 5)

Cost: -4

Other Positive

Basic Path:

Path of the Warrior

Description: Within every class of shinobi-nin, there are scholars, medi-nin, scouts, and warriors, and of the four, the warriors are the most dedicated. This dedication to their self and their village exhibits itself within the skills of the shinobi-nin over time, and a warrior grows fairly quickly in skill in regards to their peers.

Effects: Gain 1 extra Jutsu Point every other level.

Warrior's Way:

-Taijutsu: The skill 'Martial Artist' no longer has a 5-post Jounin restriction. May take 2 Ranks of 'Martial Artist' for 1 skill point.

-Shield Specialist: The skill 'Warrior' (Shield)' no longer has the level/2 restriction. May take 2 Ranks of 'Warrior (Shield)' for 1 skill point.

Hindering

Merciful

Effects: Whenever you would deal the finishing blow in combat to an opponent, you must let them live with one HP left, only applies once a battle.

Cost: +1

Chubby

Effect: Whenever stat points are placed within Evasion or Speed, the user accounts for those stat points in Parathensis, but then calculates those points by multiplying them by .90. The calculation is marked as their 'Effective Speed' and 'Effective Evasion'.

Description: The Akimichi are a clan which is notorious for its member's size. So notorious Akimichi are assumed to be at least chubby, no matter what they eat. And while it would seem there's no problem in that aside from social biases, it does make for a lot more work to become quicker or more agile, as there's more weight to throw around.

Cost: +1

Requirement: Akimichi clan membership. May not stack with Big-Boned or Big'un, a person may not have more than one of the three skills in the Chubby, Big-Boned, Big'un series of hindrances.

Jounin Taught Skills

[0/4 SP]

Elemental Affinities:

Skill Points Balance: [7/18]

Edited by Warr

Jutsu Point Gains [41]

+ 4 (Character Creation)

+ 20 (Gifted Death Bonus)

+ 15 (Levels 1-15)

+ 2 (Levels 16)

+

+

+

+

Jutsu Point Spendatures [3]

- 3 (Osakebi no Fuuten Ryouken)

- 0 (Techniques Listed under Techniques II)

- 0 (Techniques Listed Under Techniques III)

- 0 (Techniques Listed under Techniques IV)

- (-l)

- (-)

Remaining Jutsu Points

Techniques I: Academy Techniques, Jounin Taught Techniques & Basic Ninjutsu

Academy Techniques

Bunshin no Jutsu (Clone Technique)

Type: Genjutsu

Cost: 10

Description: Creates an illusionary replica of the user. It is unable to attack or interact with other objects, but can serve as a good distraction.

Damage: None

Effects: Adds +5 evasion and +5 accuracy for each clone. Once a clone is hit it is destroyed, and the bonuses with it.

Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique)

Type: Genjutsu

Cost: 5

Description: Wrap chakra around your body to change your appearance. You can still use the features of the thing you can become, e.g. use the claws of a clawed animal, but not to the extent of if you were that thing.

Effects: Change your appearance.

Kawarimi no Jutsu (Body Substitute Technique)

Type: Ninjutsu

Cost: 10 Ninjutsu

Description: A lifesaver, and a must-have technique. With this technique, the user is able to swap their body with a nearby object, usually a log, which will take the full force of any incoming blows for them, while they retreat to safe ground or search for an opening. You can only use this 3 times per battle.

Effects: Evade the next attack aimed at you. You are unable to attack the opponent the turn you use this. You can only use this 3 times per battle. This technique cannot be used to dodge Ninjutsu, Taijutsu or Genjutsu Techniques.

Jounin Taught Techniques

[0/12 JP]

Personal Taijutsu

Osakebi no Fuuten Ryouken (Warcry of the Wayward Hound)

Type: Taijutsu [Akimichi Chouka]

Cost: 60 Stamina

Effects: Afraid for 1 turn, Clobbered for 1 turn.

Description: Chouka's style of fighting has never been entirely orthodox. He has picked up as many tricks from his father as he has from his uncles, and he became early interested in his father's use of warcries. So interested, in fact, that the boy began to experiment with his own voice to master such a thing. In the end, he came up with several techniques, and this is one of them. Dubbed 'Warcry of the Wayward Hound', this one is a near imitation of his father's primary warcry. While shoving all of the air he can muster from his chest, Chouka glares at the opponent, and bears his teeth. The sound of the warcry is resembling a ravenous hound.

JP: 3

Edited by Warr

"No I don't have anymore allowance money! YOU KNOW WHAT I SPENT IT ON SAYA. CANDY FOR YOUANDMEANDSUMI. RAAARGH." -Chouka on the subject of Allowance Money

Items, Armor, Weapons, and Updates

Armor:

-Head: Hitai-Ate

-Neck:

-Body (Underlay):

-Body:

-Waist:

-Left Forearm:

-Right Forearm:

-Hand(s):

-Thigh(s):

-Calve(s):

-Feet:

Weapons:

-Main Weapon:

-Sub Weapon:

Items

Gummi Squids

Item Slots Taken: 2

Effect: Restore the User's Chakra, Stamina, and HP by 5 points each, after a handful of gummi squids have been eaten. Eating a handful of gummi squids takes 1 set-up phase to accomplish. No more than 2 handfuls may be eaten in a singular set-up phase.

Description: A favorite of many children, the origins of the candy known as 'Gummi Squids', are long lost, multiple companies making them and each claiming to be the original. Regardless of the brand of Gummi Squid, they all taste the same, something akin to a bite of sweetened fruit juice. Green-yellow worms are lemon-line, orange-red are cherry, clear yellow are pineapple. Occasionally other flavors are seen, but rarely. While the fruit juice gives a bit of refreshment from the fruit juice taste, an once rare plant used to sweeten the candy while being made actually boosts a person's metabolism and makes them heal a bit. Because of their high demand, they can be a bit expensive. But better quality than cheapness, neh? The most famous brand of Gummi Squids (Culu & Hulu Brand Gummi Squids) have a set of cartoon octopuses and squids gracing it's packaging, 'Culu' and 'Hulu' being the main gummi squids featured.

Cost: 60$ per 2 pound bag, which has 8 handfuls.

-Pouch: 3 Shuriken, 3 Kunai, and 4 Needles

-Items in Vault: Nothing.

-Money on hand: 465$

Edited by Warr

~Update Log~

Approvals:

Leveled up: 1-16 [before Creation]

Experience Gained: 50% TXP From Nagauta Amegumo Chouka

~Money Log~

Started with 525$

525$ left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~