Rhap Sodos

Tetsushi

OOC: Before you make frowny face at the influx of "Steel" clans, please bear in mind that mine is the ONLY one that specifically uses "Steel", as defined on the main site, as the primary element.

steelmark.png

Clan Name: Tetsushi

Clan Village: Sunagakure no Sato

Clan Starter: Unknown

Clan Head: Tetsushi Renxin

Clan Age: Unknown

Clan Status:

The Tetsushi are mostly known, throughout Kaze no Kuni and the rest of the world, as armorers; the weapons and metalwork produced by the Clan are the best to be found in Sunagakure.

Fierce warriors in their own right, and with the almost innate ability to create and mold Steel with chakra, this would normally make them viable candidates for a shinobi lifestyle. However, their dedication to the clan [as well as their inability to “play nice” with others] has made their inclusion into Sunagakure’s Ninja System a slow, and rather arduous process. Since only a few members have currently chosen to enter the Academy, outside of the village they are seldom viewed as a “Shinobi” clan.

Clan Bloodline: None

Clan Element: Steel

Clan Emblem: Three, four-pointed starlike figures, arranged clockwise.

Clan Motto: Steel Sharpens Steel

Clan Info:

History:

The clan traces its origins to the northeastern portion of Kaze no Kuni, where the proximity to Iwagakure no Sato’s more mountainous terrain that provided the ore needed for their craft. It is believed that they started as ordinary metal workers, with a primary focus on weapons and armor needed to survive the vast and often hostile environment of Kaze no Kuni. Throughout the generations, as techniques were discovered, refined, and specialized, these skills began to manifest itself in the chakra that is produced by all living beings. Like shinobi, the Tetsushi developed ways of generating and releasing their chakra outside their bodies in order to shape, and even create steel.

Now armed with ability to transform steel with more then just conventional means, the Tetsushi began the practice of which they have since dubbed "Metal Craft", or the process of physically crafting their metal creations onto their bodies. With the aid of chakra to shape and reinforce the steel, eventually they succeeded in being to graft their metal onto their skin. Initially, this practice was used for purely cosmetic ends; in lieu of more traditional tattoos or jewelry, members of the Tetsushi would graft metallic signs and shapes onto their skin. As time came to pass, and this ability was further perfected, members began to use skill to fasten indestructible armor and weapons to their bodies that could not be removed.

The clan’s relative isolation from Shinobi villages [or larger cities and settlements in general] allowed them to develop their techniques in almost complete privacy, with the exactness of their art a closely guarded clan secret. They used their craft to create metal goods and weaponry for themselves and others, using it as their primary means of trade. This did bring them in indirect connection with Sunagakure no Kuni, but again, they were viewed more as craftsman then warriors, even amongst themselves.

This lifestyle may have continued indefinitely, if it weren’t for the Kumogakure Invasion. While they themselves would never refer to what they were doing as “ninjutsu”, the Empire recognized it as such, and saw the potential that the fierce, gifted armorers could make to NCIA. However, the relative difficulty in reaching the clan, combined with their own ability to defend themselves made it rather difficult for the NCIA to forcefully recruit Tetsushi into the Empire. It did inadvertently, created a subtle shift in some clan member’s mindsets; if what they were doing could be considered “ninjutsu”, then it could be further trained beyond the expertise of the Clan. This struck the competitive spark that was a natural to the Tetsushi as their craft, which has led to the slow, but steady increased interest in the Shinobi lifestyle. For the first time in clan history, members chose an existence outside of their native lands, as newly minted ninja of Sunagakure no Sato.

Clan Traits:

Personality:

Tetsushi are, as a whole, considered rather aggressive; as the rest of the Clan saying goes, steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another. Best friends are often their own fiercest rivals, since competitiveness is not only encouraged, but expected as a means of honing ones skills. While this often leads to less-then-friendly spars and training sessions, it also has built strong bonds of trust and commitment to the Clan.

While members of Tetsushi view this as friendly and necessary competition, outside the context of the clan these mannerisms could be viewed as domineering, or that the clan uses bullying as a means of motivation.

Appearance:

While they do not have a bloodline, like any closely related community the group shares certain physical characteristics. They are generally tall, with tan to bronze colored skin, and are very physically fit. Their eyes are predominantly metallic in coloring, with such words as “golden, silvery, bronze” being key descriptors. Hair color covers a wider spectrum, though has a tendency to lean towards fairer-to-white hues.

The most distinctive trait of a Tetsushi is the use of what they have dubbed “Metal Craft”, or the grafting of metal to their own flesh. While many of these modifications are purely cosmetic in nature, those who have adapted to the Shinobi way of life often use this to as a way of adhering armor and weaponry to their body that is difficult, if not impossible to remove.

Edited by Rhap Sodos

Did you pick that symbol up from Arlington's stadium? Yay PA :lolwut:

The history seems a little...short. What happened after the NCIA fell? You say there was a subtle shift in clan mindset, but what came of it after their supports (which it seems like you were alluding to). I mean, nothing has to be changed, it's just, I feel like a REAL steel clan should have a little more meat to it :P

Just putting this out there: There are atleast 5 other metalworker / blacksmith clans out there. One was just made last week if i'm not mistaken.

Though I am a steeler fan, I would be happier with something to make this one unique.

What clans? There have been recent "steel" influenced clans, [and by that I mean, magnetics, liquid steel, and yours was iron-related for a while], but I honestly can't think of any "Combinatorial: Steel" clan [as it's defined on the mainsite] Clan, at least recently. Also; none of these clans are from Suna. Not that I'm aiming for the lowest common demoninator, but with both Kumo and Kiri have Lightening Based Clan, and Rilon has a Lightening based bloodline that be can taken anywhere. As far as I am aware, there is no steel-specific clan in Suna. I could be missing something, so I'd appreciate it if you could link to the comflicting clans.

As for what makes it "unique", I've outlined the main premise behind Metal Craft in clan skills I'm trying to get approved. It's also hard to say how this will make it unique from other related clans [specifically Aragane and Jishaku] is because as of now, they haven't gone into detail on exactly what their clans will do. I didn't put it on the sheet because those are two separate approval processes.

.sigh. Fine, Azure, I'll shoot you a PM when I have time to "flesh it out". :P

Also, fun fact: The "steelmark" predates its use by the Pittsburgh Steelers; it was originally used by the American Iron and Steel institute, and was later incorporated into the Steelers logo.