K Mitsuhide

Karite Style

This skill may be taken by any Hanamajo clan member due to Kotaro's being a part of it.

Karite Style

Effect: One charge is gained after using a [Karite style] technique. Only one charge may be gained per turn. Charges are lost when the user does not use a styleless or Karite Style Taijutsu, weapon, or basic attack during the main phase.

Rapture Charges

0 Charges: 5% Reduction in Defense of the user.

1 Charge: 6% Bonus to base Accuracy, 5% reduction in Defense of the user.

2 Charges: 8% Bonus to base Accuracy, 6% reduction in Defense of the user.

3 Charges: 10% Bonus to base Accuracy, 8% reduction in Defense of the user.

4 Charges: 12% Bonus to base Accuracy, 10% reduction in Defense of the user.

5 Charges: 15% Bonus to base Accuracy, 12% reduction in Defense of the user.

Rapture Charges may be spent during an attack to increase the chance to hit of a single attack by an additional 2% per charge.

Requirements: Hanamajo Clan Ninja or 5 Post Training with Ishikawa Kotaro (or an NPC with K Mitsuhide’s Permission)

Description: Developed by none other than Ishikawa Kotaro, the Karite martial arts style is based around ignoring the enemy and going straight for the kill. While using this martial style, the user puts themselves into a very focused state of mind, where they take more damage, but they also manage to deal it out more effectively. They keep up close and personal, making sure as many hits happen as possible. Otherwise, it is a rather simple martial art.

Cost: -1

Edited by K Mitsuhide

I dunno if you saw or not, but I made an Assassin style a really long time ago and somewhat recently updated it here. To be honest I don't honestly care if you have one either, but I don't know what the procedure is on having two styles that allow the user to use Assassin style techniques. (come to think of it I don't see any mention of this style allowing the use of any specific 'kind' of technique, but it needs to say what tag of technique will build charges.)

Changed the name. As for charges, the techniques for this style with the style tag literally state the charges gained or lost in the effects. In the style it states that charges cannot be gained from merely using techniques. Charges can be kept by using basic attacks, weapon attacks, and styleless Taijutsu though.

*Also went back and made a few things more clear.

Edited by K Mitsuhide

Hm. So, As long as you are in the karite style(stance?) then you would gain a charge every turn?

Also, would you be gaining 2 different charges every turn? Or do you just gain charges and then choose between the two what you want to spend it for?

It's kinda confusing as you label 2 different types of charges with no clear understanding of how you gain them(edit- between the two).

Edited by Miso

Charges are gained from Karite Style techniques, but are not gained by simply using the technique. The technique itself will specify which of the two (or both) charges are gained.

The technique will literally specify in the effects. For example, it might say, "Gain (1) Rapture Charge", so using the technique will grant that charge. The charges may be held on to, or be spent. They (the charges) are lost though, if an attack is not made every turn.

This skill may be taken by any Hanamajo clan member due to Kotaro's being a part of it.

Karite Style

Effect: Charges are gained from Karite Style techniques, but are not gained by simply using the technique. [Most styles you have to hit with the technique, not simply used]. The technique itself will specify which of the two (or both) [see Below] charges are gained.

-This really should be two seperate styles, for the following reasons:

- A technique may never be more than one style unless given explicit permission by the staff through a majority vote. Same difference if you're gaining two different types of charges at the same time.

- Charges may only be built for one Taijutsu Style at a time. If a player wishes to begin building charges for a Style after they have acquired charges for a different Style, they immediately lose all charges for the first style simultaneously when they receive a charge for the second style. Similar to the above; you shouldn't be able to have both "Agony" and "Rapture" charges at the same time.

There are two types of charges: Agony Charges and Rapture Charges. The Karite Style may be activated during any setup phase without losing the setup phase, and may be deactivated during setup or main phase at the cost of the phase. When deactivated, all charges are lost.

-Well, technically you don't activate a style. You just... use the technique when you have the corresponding skill. Are you confusing these with Battle Stances, or is this intentional

Before we go into the actual ability, let's work on these. :P

Just to be clear, the user has more chances to lose a charge than to gain one, right? And there is only one charge gained or lost a turn? Considering this flows similarly to the Crane style, it would be acceptable if only using a technique gave you a charge instead of having to land one. It depends on your choice.

I would prefer to have it be simply using the technique. And yes, there is just as much of a chance to gain as to lose charges. Using response phase techs that negate the main phase, getting stunned, or anything that would prevent a physical attack from being made (including using nin, gen, or just not attacking) would make the user lose a charge.

EDIT: however, I do think that it makes more sense to gain charges when a tech lands, instead. The user, upon landing a strike, becomes thrilled (thus the name of the charge) and forsakes defense in the 'thrill of the Chase' as it were.

Edited by K Mitsuhide

Then change it to say when the user uses a Karite style technique. And when I say loss/gain, I mean this,

Gain: Use a Karite Style technique

Loss: Does not use a styleless or Karite Style Taijutsu, weapon, or basic attack during the main phase.

I just want to point out that is is not equal.

I see what you mean. Sorry for misunderstanding. I understand that it is more likely to lose than to gain, and I prefer it that way.

ALSO. I added in clarification that only one charge may be gained per turn.

Edited by K Mitsuhide

My main point is still this:

One charge is gained when the user lands a successful strike using a [Karite style] technique.

That is what it reads and you said that you wanted to change it back to "a charge is gained when x is used". Which I will approve, once it's done.