Cellar Door

Boruto Manga Discussion [Warning; Here There Be Spoilers]

So, with the release of the new manga, I figured everyone will be wanting to talk about it. Here's that place.

Points of interest:

Kawasaki is a bad OC

Adult Boruto is a bad OC

This monthly manga decided to have the first few chapters be the plot of the last movie

Moegi is the sensei of Shikadai's team (lord of have mercy)

Hinata has no boobs.

All the women look awful.

Himawari is now 4 again.

Inojin looks like a fat-faced farmer. (This artist is a hack)

Im not artist, but my god, why does every women look god awful, they all have like shitty hair. I was reading a TLDR version of the movie with added in SHIT! They didn't even add in good parts that would actually entertain me. They added nonsense drivel  that made it worse! You took the boring parts of Boruto the movie, and added more boring parts ontop of the boring parts. Like 4-5 pages about Moegi being their teacher and talking about the video game scene in the diner. Are you kidding me?

Everyone who reads this most likely seen the movie, or read a general synopsis about it, why are you recapping it, and recapping the shit. Recap maybe the battle with Naruto and Boruto being at odds since hes a shitty dad for a bit but you realize hes actually good and works hard to keep you safe, that could have been summed up in like 5 pages, but you did a 5 page waste of my time part about them playing a nintendo type DS thing. Fuck you!

Edit:

If Moegi died, I would have actually enjoyed the 5 page shit storm you call manga

Edited by Ichigo

There's a whole lot of hate on this, but... the art quality ended up better than I expected, and the only person that I was really disappointed in the appearance of was Kawasaki or whatever his name was. Sasuke looks like manga Anakin Skywalker, but that's basically his character anyways.

am disappointed that they decided to rehash the movie, though. I'm only crossing my fingers that we get some new scenes of importance, rather than just random shit with Moegi and whatnot.

Speaking of Moegi: Seems a little weird to break tradition, but I suppose breaking tradition is a big theme now. I can get behind some change.

Also... I'm crossing my fingers that we actually see some more of the Shin clones. Kind of tired of there being an army of pseudo-Uchiha just putzing around not contributing.

They're rehashing the novelization of the movie, which was written by Ukyo Kodachi, who is (not surprisingly) the writer behind the manga now. He also did the Gaara book, but I'm not a fan of taking the opportunity to get his novel illustrated by making it the opening act of the manga. Seems... lazy. This whole thing seems really hastily done.

And as far as Moegi goes, if she's not actually a Sarutobi in some way, I'm going to punch Kodachi in the balls too.

EDIT: Also, this artist has no concept of anatomy. Just look at the opening of Kowalski hanging on the side of the monument. He's got gorilla arms and a staff that is straight up 30 ft long.

5geDgOV.png?1LnkrO4W.png?1

Edited by Cellar Door

It kind of looks like that might just be how is clothes are? If not... yeah, that's pretty nasty.

I also dislike the random change to Sarada's outfit. Her getup in the movie was excellent, what's with this like neo-fashionista crap?

I'm with CD on the weird arms, look at his legs in proportion to the arms and torso it seems off. I am NOOOO artist what so ever however I do have two eyes. If you're taking over for a beloved, highly successful series, at least draw proportionate.