Hardcore Skittlez

Tenseigan | 転生眼 | Reincarnation Eye

Le1ufqc.gif

78lfITs.png Tenseigan | 転生眼 | Reincarnation Eye

First unlocked by the brother to the Sage of Six Paths, Ōtsutsuki Hamura, the Tenseigan (lit. Reincarnation Eye), is an evolution of the Byakugan produced when the White Eyes are allowed to mingle with the potent chakra latent within members of the Ōtsutsuki clan. Though not necessarily common within the clan, the bloodline's frequency of appearance has increased since the clan has abandoned the practice of sealing their eyes within a mystic container, also referred to as the "Tenseigan".

When dormant, the Tenseigan appears very similarly to the Byakugan. Its wielders have white, lavender, or grey eyes with mostly unseen pupils, though this has been known to vary based on time and lineage. When activated, the Tenseigan spills out from the user's pupils with a vibrant, icy, hue. The wielder's pupil darkens to a dark blue, while the rest of the iris fades from white to a rich azure hue. The Tenseigan's activation abandons the veins that bulge naturally from a Byakugan wielder's temples when their kekkei genkai is active.

Similar to the Byakugan, many of the Tenseigan's natural abilities are bound to its wielder's vision. Though the Tenseigan loses the 360 degree vision expansion of the Byakugan, it maintains a similar level of visual acuity and, with training, telescopic vision. The Tenseigan retains the Byakugan's capacity to see chakra in all of its spectrums and to accurately perceive a creature's tenketsu.

In additional to exceptional visual prowess, the Tenseigan is the key to unlocking a potent amount of chakra latent in members of the Ōtsutsuki clan. This chakra may be manipulated freely by a wielder of the Tenseigan and can be used to augment techniques or ,at later stages of mastery, has the potential to be wrapped around its wielder as a powerful augmentation to any natural abilities they may possess. Alongside this latent chakra, the Tenseigan allows its inheritors the ability to absorb chakra from other techniques based on contact and, after infecting a target with their own Tenseigan Chakra, assimilate chakra directly from a target's chakra circulatory system.
Restrictions: Ranks of the following skills may be purchased once every 20 levels. Advanced Regeneration is suspended while this bloodline is active.

Tenseigan Activation/Upkeep

• 5% Total Chakra •

Tenseigan Chakra Mode Activation/Upkeep

• 10% / 5% Total Tenseigan Chakra •

160px-Tenseigan_Symbol.svg.png

Tenseigan Vision - Rank [ - ]

Effect: While the Tenseigan is active, a character with this skill’s Accuracy, and Evasion are increased by 1.25x per rank in this skill, with ‘x’ being equivalent to the wielder’s level. While Tenseigan Chakra Mode is active, a character with this skill may also increase a non-tank statistic of their choice by .625x per rank in this skill. The value of ‘x’ may never be less than 'y', where 'y' is equivalent to 20 + 10 for each rank of this skill, beyond the first. All statistical bonuses provided by this skill may not exceed 1.5x the base value of the individual statistics.

Description: The Tenseigan's visual acuity is comparable to its predecessor, allowing its inheritors to perform great feats of agility. Though it is initially weak, the Tenseigan's optical prowess far exceeds a standard eye, and progressively allows wielders access to incredibly telescopic vision.

Total Ranks: 4

Cost: -1

Tenseigan Focus - Rank [ - ]

Effect: While the Tenseigan is active, Genjutsu performed by an opponent of equal or lesser rank than a character with this skill incur a 10% reduction to total Ghost Damage, and effect per rank in this skill. The duration of status effects applied in this way are reduced by 1 turn per 2 ranks of this skill, to a minimum of 1. While the Tenseigan Chakra Mode is active, a character with this skill gains a number of chosen Elemental Specialties equal to their current rank in this skill minus one (1); these Elemental Specialties may not be re-chosen once selected for the first time and allow this character to purchase techniques of the corresponding element(s), though they may not use them outside of Tenseigan Chakra Mode unless they naturally possess the required Subtle Elements skills. This skill may not stack with other skills that reduce the effectiveness of Genjutsu.

Description: The ability to see chakra in its various forms is a rare gift. While the Tenseigan is active, the effects of Genjutsu are greatly diminished against those who wield the Tenseigan's visual abilities. Similar to the abilities granted by the Byakugan, the Tenseigan's ability to bypass Genjutsu and see through to the true nature of things comes naturally and easily to members of the Ōtsutsuki clan.

Tenseigan Chakra - Rank [ - ]

Effect: While the Tenseigan is active, this character gains an additional tank statistic called “Tenseigan Chakra”. Each rank in this skill increases the total value of “Tenseigan Chakra” by 150. Tenseigan Chakra may be substituted for any other chakra cost aside from the Tenseigan upkeep. If a technique has at least 50% of its chakra cost paid for with Tenseigan Chakra, it also inflicts the status effect “Celestial Judgement” for two turns in addition to its other effects; multiple applicatons of "Celestial Judgement" are cumulative. If a technique has at least 50% of its chakra paid for with Tenseigan Chakra while Tenseigan Chakra Mode is currently active, this character generates one (1) Truth Seeking Ball as if they had performed the Gudōdama technique relative to their ninja rank. “Tenseigan Chakra” does not naturally regenerate.

Description: After awakening the Tenseigan, members of the Ōtsutsuki find themselves suddenly gifted with an excess surplus of potent chakra that serves to greatly augment their own. This chakra is flexible and strong, able to be re-purposed for almost any situation. Advanced wielders of the Tenseigan have been known to clad themselves in this chakra and greatly increase their fighting ability.

Tenseigan Absorption - Rank [ - ]

Effect: While the Tenseigan is active, this character increases their block range against Chakra-based attacks by +5 per rank in this skill. Additionally, blocking Chakra-based attacks while the Tenseigan is active replenishes an amount of Tenseigan Chakra equal to 5x% of the blocked damage, where X is equal to the current rank in this skill that this character has. While Tenseigan Chakra Mode is active, this character's successful Physical attacks replenish Tenseigan Chakra equal to 10% of their damage dealt. This may not allow the user's Tenseigan Chakra to exceed its normal maximum.

Description: Something of an outlier within the Tenseigan's skill set is the ability to absorb a portion of chakra from attacks used against its wielders. Though it is not a complete absorption inherently, the Tenseigan wielder may learn to expand their absorption abilities to a great level and eventually nullify large portions of incoming damage.

Celestial Judgment
Effect: Whenever a character afflicted by this status effect is blocked by a character with the Tenseigan currently active, a value equal to 15% of the total damage blocked is replenished to that character's Tenseigan Chakra statistic; this character receives unmodified damage equal to that amount.
Maximum Duration: 4 Turns

CP: 50

i71ylKU.gif

78lfITs.png Tenseigan Chakra Mōdo | 転生眼チャクラモード | Reincarnation Eye Chakra Mode

After appropriately expanding their Tenseigan Chakra reserviore, talented wielders of the Tenseigan may develop the capacity to shroud themselves in their kekkei genkai's unique chakra. This state is commonly referred to as "Tenseigan Chakra Mode". After the Tenseigan Chakra Mode is activated, its users become cloaked entirely within vibrant chakra- commonly teal in hue, though other atypical shades of chakra have been known to manifest. This shroud, or more accurately, this 'transformation' greatly heightens the user's combat prowess. They become stronger, faster, and the natural properties of their Tenseigan eyes are augmented. Beyond what might be considered typical fare for such enhanced states, the Tenseigan Chakra Mode automatically generates a rosary of up to nine Truth Seeking Balls, and by extension, gains the ability to wield all basic Elements with ease. While Truth Seeking Balls are not unique to the Tenseigan, this transformation grants its user the capacity to enhance the Truth Seeking Balls with their own Tenseigan Chakra. The Tenseigan Chakra Mode is unique, however, in that it is the only known state that allows its wielders to form additional Truth Seeking Balls after their original rosary has been depleted.

Effect: Tenseigan Chakra Mode may be activated in the same Setup Phase as the Tenseigan as a free action or it may be later activated during the Setup Phase as a standard action. When the Tenseigan Chakra Mode is activated for the first time in each battle, this character immediately generates the maximum number of Truth Seeking Balls capable as if they had performed the Gudōdama technique that currently corresponds with their Ninja Rank. Additionally, this character may purchase the Gudōdama technique relative to their current Ninja Rank. Any Truth Seeking Balls generated through the Tenseigan or the Tenseigan Chakra Mode's effects are suspended from play if the Tenseigan Chakra Mode is deactivated; the suspended Truth Seeking Balls will return to the user's control upon the reactivation of the Tenseigan Chakra Mode.

Requirements: All Tenseigan Core Bloodline Skills at Rank 3

Cost: -3 SP

Designer's Notes

• Tenseigan Chakra Mode Added! This is the biggest change present. Tenseigan Chakra Mode acts kinda like Mangekyo Sharingan, except that it can be activated at the same time as Tenseigan. 

• All Skills gain additional effects while Tenseigan Chakra Mode is active!

• Tenseigan Absorption stacking limitation removed. The previous incarnation of Tenseigan Absorption had a line that indicated that it couldn't stack with similar +block skills... but that was back when all block skills behaved that way. Now that it is no longer the norm, such a limitation is no longer needed.

• Celestial Judgement was given a CP Cost of 50. This is a number pulled out of thin air, but there are a few mechanics that deal with Status Effects that depend on calculating CP costs. It'll also help in pricing future clan techniques that deal with this status effect.

• Gudodama found here.

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

Now open for review! I removed Puppet-Cursing Sphere from the bloodline mechanics, as I am ultimately unhappy with the current form I have drafted. It will eventually be an important piece in the Otsutsuki Tenseigan toolkit, but was not critical to have in the bloodline itself.

Tenseigan Vision - So, I'm curious as to why the bonus to a non-tank statistic of their choice is higher than the accuracy and evasion increase. At max rank this is gaining 1200 stat points into one stat, which is a bit much. In total you're getting about 2400 stat points, which exceed in power a lot of the other bloodlines. This is not including the other benefits gained from the tenseigan. I think dropping it to 1.5x per rank would be more fair and still give the tank stat a relative power boost that would make it strong. 

Tenseigan Focus - The usual genjutsu stuff is fine. I feel like the elemental specialties are a bit out of flavor the skill. Clarity Question: Once TCM is activated, at lets say you have rank 2 in this skill, you gain 1 elemental specialty correct? Do these elemental specialties only apply while TCM is activated? 

Tensseigan Chakra - I feel like celestial judgement should only be one turn, because it seems pretty powerful. You can tack it onto a low cost technique and then wam, get a ton of chakra back from the opponent using a strong technique. Not to mention you can double dip with celestial judgement and tenseigan absorption. 

Celestial Judgement - Just so I can clarify how this works in my head, if 20 damage is absorbed and regained as tenseigan chakra, that 20 damage is also dealt unmodified back towards the person inflicted with the status effect correct? Also, this status effect can only be implemented through Tenseigan chakra right? 

Tenseigan Absorption - This one is okay. 

Tenseigan Chakra Mode - This is also okay. 

Vision: It's meant to only give 2.5x total, not 2.5x per rank. I adjusted it so that it'll grant .625x per rank, totalling 2.5x extra stats at rank 4. Now it's 5x for Acc and Eva, and 2.5x for your choice at the final rank with TCM. This does push it a bit above other the other ASes, but it does also effectively have double the upkeep cost to maintain that amount.

Focus: Nah, the specialties only exist while you're in the chakra mode. I didn't really have a better idea here for an alternative TCM ability, but it kinda fit the idea that Tenseigan and Rinnegan are closely related. My other idea was to have the status effect reduction apply to all status effects, not just Genjutsu, but that seemed to be a bit much?

Chakra: Celestial Judgement does stack with Tenseigan Absorption, and this is deliberate. You can apply it for cheap on a cheap technique, but you also have to block to trigger the status's effect at all. It also has some the obvious counterplay of "Don't use high damage techniques while under this status effect"-- you could easily shift to a bleed/burn/poison damage tech to slide across unmodified damage, or just switch to control techniques that don't do damage. It is a strong effect, but it's weaknesses and counterplay are very telegraphed.

Celestial Judgement: Yes. So if you deal 700 damage, it's blocked and reduced to 350 damage-- and then it deals back 20% of that, or 70 damage. I can tweak that splashback number down if it feels high to you, but it does have to be first successfully applied, and then second you actually have to block to trigger it.

Vision: Ah, that's more fair. The way it was worded made it seem like it was 2.5x per rank, but 2.5x total is okay. 

Focus: Yea, I'm not exactly sure what else you'd give it. I think it's fine since it requires TCM active to use it anyways. 

Chakra: This is true, there is quite a bit of telegraphed counter play in it. I'm on the fence on it being two turns, but for now I think it can stay. It'll definitely need some playtesting though. 

Celestial Judgement: The splashback damage does feel high to me. Granted, just as stated in chakra, there is counter play to the status effect. I still feel as if it should be lowered to around 15%.