Hardcore Skittlez

Token of Youth

oHxFZAW.jpg?1

Token of Youth

Armor Type: Artificial Eyebrows

Armor Placement: Head | Face

Special Attributes:

Eternal Springtime

Effect: Whenever this character would gain a Taijutsu Style Charge, they also gain an "Springtime" counter. A character may possess up to five (5) "Springtime Counters" at a time. In the Setup Phase, a character wearing the Token of Youth may spend x "Springtime" counters and cause their next Taijutsu technique used on that turn to generate x additional Taijutsu Style Charges of a style of their choosing. "Springtime Counters" have no maximum per-battle use but may not be activated again for x turns after being utilized. If Token of Youth is destroyed or removed, its wearer loses all "Springtime Counters" accumulated.

Cost: 600 両

Attributes: --

Description: Though the lustrous eyebrows of the Lee clan have been sought after with great intensity from men and women alike, they are unfortunately unable to claim the power of those youthful features without being born of a Lee. A crafty merchant saw how distraught would-be "Eternal Youthers" were becoming by being denied such a wondrous attribute; he set about collecting hair from only the finest Lee donors(and some Horses, though he will vehemently deny this) and used them to craft adhesive, artificial, eyebrows. Dubbed the "Tokens of Youth", these incredible replicas have entered the market in force. And remained there. Curiously, these items have not been as successful as their creator might have hoped.

Cost: 600 両

• Haha 1

Designer's Notes

While deciding to embrace my fate as the resident MIGHT GAI, I had this idea for a neat little mechanic. And then I had the idea to attach that mechanic to fake eyebrows. It's pretty much spectacular. The cost was entirely out of my hat, and I figured that the variable cooldown would allow the counters to not have a per-battle usage limit.

• Like 1

I like this a lot. That said, the cost may be a bit conservative and the number of Springtime Counters a bit liberal, so I'm not certain I would approve this as-is. If you return and would like to revisit this, I'll move it back to custom and give it a proper review, but as it stands, I am moving this to dead as part of the cleaning I mentioned in the PM last week.

Edited by almondsAndRain