Sol Pope

Drunken Boxing Style | Zui Quan | 醉拳

jackie-chan-in-legend-of-the-drunken-mas

Drunken Boxing Style | Zui Quan | 醉拳

Effect: Allows for the use of Drunken Boxing Style techniques. The user generates a “Brew Charge” on a successful hit with a Drunken Boxing Style technique. Brew Charges may be spent in the following ways:

-The user may spend x Brew Charges during their Setup Phase to increase their block range by +5x against the next physical attack that targets this character. This effect can stack to a maximum block range of 25.

-The user may spend 1 Brew Charge in their Main Phase, as a free action, to add 1 turn of "Clobbered" to a Drunken Boxing Style technique.

-The user may spend brew charges as a cost for techniques that require it.

Cost: -1 SP

Edited by Sol Pope
  • Like 1

Just took a peak at this and thought I'd drop in a few points of clarity you might want to make on the effects:

> I don't think there's anything "wrong" with describing block chance as a %, but I would maybe change the wording to something like: "The user may spend x Bew charges during their Setup Phase to increase their block range by +5x against the next physical attack that targets this character."  Mostly just my paranoid mind going "well, what if someone treats my wording very literally and increases by block chance of 5 by 25%... to 6.25 instead of the 30 total that I indended."

> Because the block effect pertains to the "next attack", you'll probably either want to add a line that says that you cannot have multiple instances of that effect active simultaneously, or that the effect stacks to a maximum of +25/30/whatever block range. Alternatively, you could phrase it like "against the next physical attack that targets this character; this effect is removed at the end of the user's next Response Phase".

> Clobbered Effect- needs to specify how many turns of Clobbered it adds. I'd imagine only one, so I'd say "The user may spend 1 Brew Charge in their Main Phase, as a free action, to add 1 turn of "Clobbered" to a Taijutsu, Weapon, or Basic Attack made during the same phase."

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

The wording could be a little cleaner on the line about clobbered; I would put it as something like "The user may spend 1 Brew Charge as a free action during the Main Phase to add 1 turn of 'Clobbered' to a Drunken Boxing Style technique." Nothing's actually changing but word order, but it's easier to read.

That said, this looks fine to me. App#1, with or without that as a change.