PandaMattMatt

Gatsuga | Fang Passing Fang

C2OTbpO.gif

Perfected Gatsuga

Description: The Inuzuka have been one of the strongest clans of Konoha in terms of raw damage. The pure destructive power of the Gatsuga has been told around the world and is feared by many. As the core and basis of the Inuzuka fighting style, it is no wonder that Gatsuga has been perfected to such destructive standards.

Effect: Allows this character to learn and use "Gatsuga" and it's evolved forms. Gatsuga and it's evolved forms may ignore the Maximum Chance to Critical Hit with Passive Effects. These techniques cannot exceed the Maximum Chance to Critical Hit with Activated Effects. 

Cost: -2 sp

Gatsūga | 牙通牙 | Fang Passing Fang

Type: Taijutsu [ Hijutsu; Inuzuka | Jujin Style | Pet ]

Cost: 80 Stamina 

Damage: 80

Effect: This technique has an additional 10% Critical Strike chance. When dealing damage to constructs, this Critical Strike bonus is ignored and Gatsūga instead deals 10% additional total damage. Additional damage dealt to constructs in this way does not carry over to any other target in the event the construct is destroyed. If this technique critically strikes, the bonus critical damage is instead applied as 'Bleeding: x' for one (1) turn.

-- Pet Combination: The bonus to Critical Strike or additional damage to constructs is increased by an additional 10%. 

Description: A signature combination technique of Konoha's Inuzuka Clan, Gatsūga is regarded as one of the more visceral taijutsu techniques present within the world. The users of Gatsūga, usually an Inuzuka Clansman and their Ninken Partner, spin at ferocious speeds and attack their target several times. This attack is known to be strong enough to pierce through stone, with its effects on flesh being rather messy. This technique's full name is Jūjin Taijutsu Ōgi: Gatsūga (Lit. Beast Human Taijutsu Secret Art: Fang Passing Fang), though its full name is rather cumbersome and is often shortened to just "Gatsūga".

Requirement: Perfected Gatsuga

JP: 10

Gatsūga | 牙通牙 | Fang Passing Fang [II]

Type: Taijutsu [ Hijutsu; Inuzuka | Jujin Style | Pet | Evolving ]

Cost: 140 Stamina 

Damage: 150

Effect: This technique has an additional 20% Critical Strike chance. When dealing damage to constructs, this Critical Strike bonus is ignored and Gatsūga instead deals 20% additional total damage. Additional damage dealt to constructs in this way does not carry over to any other target in the event the construct is destroyed. If this technique critically strikes, the bonus critical damage is instead applied as 'Bleeding: x' for one (1) turn.

-- Pet Combination: The bonus to Critical Strike or additional damage to constructs is increased by an additional 10%. 

Description: A signature combination technique of Konoha's Inuzuka Clan, Gatsūga is regarded as one of the more visceral taijutsu techniques present within the world. The users of Gatsūga, usually an Inuzuka Clansman and their Ninken Partner, spin at ferocious speeds and attack their target several times. This attack is known to be strong enough to pierce through stone, with its effects on flesh being rather messy. This technique's full name is Jūjin Taijutsu Ōgi: Gatsūga (Lit. Beast Human Taijutsu Secret Art: Fang Passing Fang), though its full name is rather cumbersome and is often shortened to just "Gatsūga".

JP: 12 [Evolving 2; Gatsuga]

Gatsūga | 牙通牙 | Fang Passing Fang [III]

Cost: 305 Stamina 

Damage: 380

Effect: This technique has an additional 35% Critical Strike chance. When dealing damage to constructs, this Critical Strike bonus is ignored and Gatsūga instead deals 35% additional total damage. Additional damage dealt to constructs in this way does not carry over to any other target in the event the construct is destroyed. If this technique critically strikes, the bonus critical damage is instead applied as 'Bleeding: x' for one (1) turn.

JP: 16 [Evolving 4; Gatsuga II]

Gatsūga | 牙通牙 | Fang Passing Fang [IV]

Cost: 680 Stamina 

Damage: 800

Effect: This technique has an additional 35% Critical Strike chance. When dealing damage to constructs, this Critical Strike bonus is ignored and Gatsūga instead deals 35% additional total damage. Additional damage dealt to constructs in this way does not carry over to any other target in the event the construct is destroyed. If this technique critically strikes, the bonus critical damage is instead applied as 'Bleeding: x' for one (1) turn.

JP: 22 [Evolving 6; Gatsuga III]

Edited by PandaMattMatt
  • Like 1

Notes

This is pretty straight forward. Kind of a direct translation of Skittz's Gatsuga found Here
The damage and costs changed since we changed these from Coalescence to Pet Techniques.

The Pet bonus basically stays at extra 10%, I think that scales well. By sennin, this nearly caps you out on the Activated Critical chance.

Honestly this doesn't bother me too much, though I'm interested how you cost the 'criticals are bleeding' effect? It to me seems like the biggest part of this, as yeah you slow it down but you're turning a big chunk of your damage into unmodified damage, but unmodified damage that can be mitigated by some abilities. 

So this has my approval, I like it a lot, the 'I am interested in this' is literally just that, interest, DM me and let me know how it plays out in your head.

I have no idea. If I had reasons before, I've forgotten them. Increased the cost to 680 to account for that increase. 800 damage/ 2 = 400 *1.7 = 680. JP should stay the same 10 jp for the base cost, then +2 jp for being a pet tech. 

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Allllrighty. I've been away for a while, but now I can comment on these. You're right and when I made these I think I totally forgot that crits built into techs was passive. My bad! However, I PMed the Inuzuka members and proposed making this skill locked, because the crits just feel right and at home in these. So, I added a skill lock to them that allows these specific techniques to ignore that passive cap. 

Can you please add that it still is bound by the maximum critical hit chance for activated and passive effects? Since this is considered a passive effect, not activated, I would not be willing to let this fly if you could stack it with other sources of crits and exceed both thresholds, which would be doable if you were to layer up on passive crit chance. It's clearly not the intention, but for cleanliness please clarify and we're good.

At present this isn't really a skill locked Jutsu, since not all of your jutsu require "perfected gatsuga" to learn and "perfected gatsuga" does not confer on you the ability to learn "Gatsuga", it actually just makes the jutsu able to exist/makes the jutsu better, so its more like a mastery skill than a skill locked jutsu. So there's some grey area in this framework.

That said, all of these jutsu are 2 jutsu: When in this situation, do A, but when in this situation do B. That's a choice mechanic. You don't control the choice mechanic, but its a choice mechanic from 5.0-ish land where everyone was like "I want my jutsu to always be useable no matter what my opponent does!" So you'll need to, at the very least, double all these JP costs. Also, when you're hitting a barrier, and this extra damage breaks the barrier...what happens? Does your bonus damage carry over to the opponent? Because 35% total additional damage is very close to just declaring a critical hit without Strategist.

OK!

Skill: I added into the skill that it allows the character to learn and use these techniques. My bad, was relying on my memory of how these kinds of skills work, which obviously was fuzzy.

Requirement: I added the skill as a requirement to the gennin version. The reason I didn't before was that it was the only version that didn't exceed passive crit caps, but you're right, it should require the skill if this is the route I'm going to go.

Choice Mechanic: I see where you're coming from as it's a choice thing, but as you stated, it isn't one that a character can at will choose a mode. So I paid 1.5x base jp +2 jp tax for being a Pet tech. If there was more control on behalf of the user, I could see a 2x increase. However, as it stands now, the opponent has just as much control, if not more, than the user, so I think 1.5x is fair.

Construct Buster: I thought it was written somewhere that bonus damage never carried over, but I didn't see it! So I happily added in a line stating that bonus damage to constructs never carries over to another target if the construct is destroyed.

I'm going to disagree on the JP being 1.5x for the simple reason of you could very easily make a Gatsuga for people and a Gatsuga for constructs, they could very easily function as two distinct jutsu. What doing it this way does means that you're adding in a layer of protection against your opponent throwing up a barrier or shield in their response phase to this. But it also carries over to people creating a barrier in the first place, if it was existing previously, you have the conscious choice to use this as your barrier buster. I get the argument to the contrary, but I'd rather see this at 2x because it's more layered versatility than it at first appears.

It doesn't super both me because it's skill locked so cool whatevs, but just so others know, the crits to bleeding isn't really costed. This doesn't bother me for a couple of reasons. Yes is lets it ignore defence, but it also means someone sitting on Anti-Bleed passively turns off your crits on your crit god jutsu, which is kinda rough. It post pones your damage, so healing can sneak in. Bleed is also worth less per point than actual damage. Crit damage costs nothing. 0*0.8 is uh.....0. So it's fine. Slight wink at the person who pointed this out, mostly put it here so they can see why I'm not saying it's bad, this section isn't aimed at PMM.