fuhgahkra

Fuhgahkra | Plant techniques

Name: Plant style: Grasp of Dryad shackles lvl 1 | Shokuton; Doraiadoshakkuru o tsukamu Lv 1| 植遁;ドライアドシャックルをつかむ Lv 1

Type: Ninjustu [ plant ]

Cost:  40 chakra

Damage: 5

Effects: 18 chakra damage and 17 stamina damage. 

Description: focusing and modeling plant chakra through the ground. Vines spring up and wrap around the person. The vines are poisonous to the chakra system and damage the chakra reserves of the person inflicted. Tightening hard, these vines also and cause localised muscle damage that drains stamina.  By doing this the vines slowly turns what's absorbed into nutrients for nature.

Rp: plant cuffs/shackles form on the targets wrists and legs. Restraining them and slowly draining their chakra and stamina to the point that they can pass out.

Hand signs: Boar, snake 

Name: Plant Style: Uzia arrows  |  Shokuton; Ujia no ya | 植遁; ウジアの矢

Type:  ninjutsu [ plant | set trap ]

Cost: 40 chakra

Damage: 10 

Effects: “Impaired eyesight” 2 turns.

Description: plant and wood spring out across the field. One of them forms into the shape of a blade that stabs the opponent. This is mainly a distraction for the second part of the justu where vines grab small weapons from the caster and the field and throws them. 

Hand signs: Ram

Edited by fuhgahkra
Making some changes based on feedback

Explanation:

First justu is straight forward, combination of causing physical damage and damage to chakra and stamina. Given the damage is a 1:1 ratio for gennin justu and chakra/stamina follow the same rule regardless of rank I believe everything should be right with this one.

Second and third are a tougher issue. The idea is a concept i came up with rewatching Hiroshima fight. At times he grabs weapons that were used on the field as an attack using wood ninjutsu. So i wanted to bring this here but only for small sized weapons because i saw him do this mainly with kunai and shuriken. The idea is that any small weapon thrown during the fight can be picked up and then thrown to deal damage. I chose to put extra damage in but can remove that if i need to in order to fit the cap. I've tried looking at stuff on the mainsite but haven't come upon anything that could help me figured out what the cost would be for this effect. I also wanted to treat this with a separate version for melee strikes

Edited by fuhgahkra

Worked on it and I think i figured out a proper way to calculate this. 

Uzia Arrows:

It's just taking the small ranged weapins already used in battle and using them again. Sort of like the gather skill on the main site that allows you to pick up weapons during the battle. But instead here, you gather them and attack as a trap as a free action in the main phase.

Flat  damage at Gennin for 1:1 so 10.

I'm treating it as throwing them so it gets the 1 stamina cost to throw. So with 3 weapons it would be 3 stanima. But since it going to be a justu doing this i would like it to be chakra instead if possible.

So tota cost would be 13 which is 1 point at Gennin.

Arms of Cuinphoors

The same principle applies the same concept but as a melee attack. I'm making this one only with small weapons  as well. However, with the varation of damage that could be done based on the small weapons used I decided to use a formula to calculate that section with the cap limit keeping it to a 3 but with the bleeding effect would push it to a 4. [ if that would be too much of an ussye, I'm open to making it limited to Kunai. Since they do 8 damage  im just guessing 8 stanima per kunai which would make it a total of 16 plus the other damage at gennin rank. So the total for that version would be 26  and with bleeding effect from my understanding would push it to be a 3 for a Gennin justu.)

Edited by fuhgahkra
Updating mechanics

First one sure that's Approved.

For the second two, gonna have to say no. I know I've built a whole thing around adding small weapon strikes to attacks, but blanket adding the damage of any small weapon to your attacks for the cost of those attacks? No, they're stupid cheap for what they do, and stacking that with things like Shiva or other increases to damage on your ninjutsu is going a step too far. Rework those my dude. Or, restrict them to what small weapons they can use. If it can only hit say, Senbon, Shuriken and Kunai off the main site, all of a sudden the addition makes sense and works out just fine.

And remove all the formulae, you can word that better.

• Thanks 1

After thinking on princess's and other's feedback. I decided to remove the third justu until a later point because I'm changing it. For now, I hope the second one is closer to beubt correct and ready to be approved.

I will be making small weapon projectiles to go with it because I want the projectiles to do damage to the targets reserves.

Edited by fuhgahkra
Forgot to add detail

Regarding the first technique: the minimum base damage required before you can apply your mods is 5. This does 1 damage, 20 Chakra damage, and 19 Stamina damage, which I assume is because you wanted to try to just slap your mods on for a big damage boost. If that's not what you wanted, then the tech is fine, but if it is than you should change something.

Edited by almondsAndRain
  • Thanks 1

Plant style: Grasp of Dryad shackles lvl 1: Approved

Plant Style: Uzia arrows lvl 1:  "The weapons do not deal physical damage to their target, but may inflict status effects and damage to their chakra and/or stamina reserves."

So this line over here creates some issues here. Mainly because that standard senbon, kunai, and shuriken do not have these capabilities. Which means, that these types of small weapons would be custom small weapons that can potentially or significantly break the damage cap for gennin techniques. Ex: Using a senbon that now does 50 chakra damage and since you can use two, you now are doing 100 chakra damage for only 12 chakra. That's broken. Granted, this is just an hypothetical situation but that's where this territory can go.

I would suggest that if you have plans to use small weapons that do chakra/stamina damage, that you specifythose in this technique. So that way the technique and cost can be balanced accordingly.

• Thanks 1

After some thinking and conversation with staff. I decided to attempt the damage to chakra and stamina a different way that would be a better fit system wise. I changed Uzia arrows effect.  1 for 1 damage on gennin so 10 : 10. Impaired eyesight is 15 per turn so with two turns is 30. total is 40 which is 2 at gennin.

Edited by fuhgahkra