Peregine

Hornet Origin Skill | Hundred-Eyed Hunter

double-pupils-shinsekai-yori.jpg

Sage Mode Origin; Hundred-Eyed Hunter

Effect: When this character is in Sage Mode, this skill can be activated as a free action in the Main Phase, designating one offensive action. When rolling to dodge the attack designated in this skill's activation, the target must roll two dice and use the lower result. If the user possesses the skill 'Sage Mode Origin – Rank Two', roll three dice instead. If the target would use an ability to gain additional die rolls, that effect and this skill are considered used and nullified. This skill may be activated once per turn and cannot be activated on consecutive turns. 

Statistics: Speed and Accuracy

Description: The Royal Hornets are renowned for their ability to hunt and slay their prey, no matter the distance or difficulty. The few humans who have managed to learn their ways as Sages have learned to enhance their vision and senses with Natural Energy, manifesting compound eyes or additional pupils as their mastery of Senjutsu increases. Those who battle a Hornet Sage find hiding and evasion an impossible task, pursued and hunted relentlessly until they are inevitably caught and slain. 

Requirement: Contract Manager; Hornets and Sage Mode Origin – Rank One

Cost: ⁿ/ₐ

Sage Mode

Edited by Peregine

Designer's Thoughts: 

This is the Origin Skill for Hornet Sages, much like Frog Style would be for toad summoners. While the cost is n/a, the Origin skill requires 2 and then 3 in Sage Mode so it comes out to -5SP overall. 

As far as balance I'm not 100% comfortable with the usability of the effect; this might be too many uses (Capped at 2 for Jonin, 3 for Sennin). On the other hand. it's fully telegraphed and can be barriered or negated or intercepted without issue to waste the skill altogether. Given the levels this will see play at, all should be extremely viable counterplays. 

I made a spreadsheet when reviewing Princess' Celestial Monarch Style showing the effects of abilities like this. I'm not overly concerned with the base effect, but I feel that the effect you gain with the second rank of Sage Mode Origins is too much, especially since it can be stacked with Prone and other similar abilities. 

The spreadsheet is in the spoiler below. Ignore the fifth column, I don't think it's possible to get that many rolls with this right now, it's a holdover from Princess' thing. 

Spoiler

6vjUBo1.jpg

Edited by almondsAndRain