Sol Pope

Hoshigaki BL Resub

As a clan of shinobi, the Hoshigaki stand out amongst the rest of the Kirigakure clans as maybe the most recognizable. What is less recognizable, however, is their affinity for the hunt. Like the creatures of the ocean from which they have taken their fierce visage the Hoshigaki excel at striking with sharp teeth, rending their foes apart, and tracking even the slightest hint of blood through water.

Arterial Gore

Sharp Teeth are a vicious tool. The Hoshigaki are practiced at striking their foes at critical points and bleeding them of their life force. Wounding their opponents in such a way is both a measure of sadism as well as a tool for allowing their shark brothers to home in on the kill.

Effect: When you critically hit with an attack that has Bleeding; X [Y], the critical damage modifier is applied to total Bleeding damage of the technique, then evenly divided (rounding up) over the following Y turns. Critical bleed damage deals an additional 10% damage per rank of this skill, up to an additional 50%.

Requirements: One rank may be purchased every 15 levels

Cost: -1 Per Rank, 5 Ranks

Blood in the Water

A single drop of blood in the water is like a beacon to the Hoshigaki. On land, but especially in the water, members of the clan excel at pinpointing the locations of their targets through the blood that seeps from their wounds.
Effect: The user’s base Accuracy is increased by 100 per rank.
The user’s attacks that target opponents suffering from Bleeding; X have their total Accuracy increased by 5X and critical hit chance increased by .25X%, rounded down. This ability does not increase beyond 20X per rank in this skill.
Requirements: One rank may be purchased every 20 levels.
Ranks: 5.
Cost: -2.

Samehada’s Progeny

The legends of the Hoshigaki of old tell of the vitality eating beast Samebito, from which the cursed blade Samehada was born. Some members of the clan still retain a shred of the gift that their Demon God used against them so long ago, able to draw strength from the gaping wounds of their opponents.

Effect: The character who takes this skill chooses Chakra or Stamina when they take this skill. Every turn the user regenerates 30% of the bleed damage they have dealt since their last turn as additional regeneration of the chosen stat (up to a cap of 5% of their stat total). This may stack with Chakra Flow, Intestinal Fortitude, and similar abilities and is considered Advanced Regeneration.

Cost: -3

One with the Waves

The Hoshigaki are just as home in the sea as they are on land. Being gifted with a mutated sort of gill that allows them to breath both water and air they are never burdened by their favored terrains.

Effect: The user is immune to the effects of the Water Terrain and to the chance to hit penalty of the Rain, Heavy Rain, and Monsoon Climates.

Cost: -2

Edited by Sol Pope

Designer's notes:

Arterial Gore: Making this a bleed based bloodline it made sense to me to have an opportunity for the clan to up their bleed damage in some way. I am not sure if hitting the same ratio for regular crit is too strong even with the 5 sp expenditure.

Blood in the Water: This is very in line with other non-AS bloodlines in terms of total stats given. It requires an opponent to be bleeding and only gives you the stat bonus vs the opponents that are bleeding, which makes me feel it doesn't need to be spread out to 5 ranks.

Samehada's Progeny: Kisame was a chakra stealer in canon, and this was shown to be true even outside of his wielding Samehada. Tying this to bleed like the other skills felt like the correct flavor to go within the resub. This is at -3 because it's intended to be able to stack with chakra flow/Fortitude, but I also want it to not be strictly worse. It's dependent on your current bleed damage instead of being static.

One With the Waves: This is a pretty simple terrain immunity skill. It might be undercosted.

Edited by Sol Pope

Pulling this out of the discord chat we had some months back, because we have a conversation that goes something like this like twice a month: "Oh man, I gotta update my bloodline. Do you remember where we talked about it?" "Oh yeah, it's... uh... lemme go find what we thought was good."

Blood in the Water

A single drop of blood in the water is like a beacon to the Hoshigaki. On land, but especially in the water, members of the clan excel at pinpointing the locations of their targets through the blood that seeps from their wounds.
Effect: The user’s base Accuracy is increased by 100 per rank.
The user’s attacks that target opponents suffering from Bleeding; X have their total Accuracy increased by 5X and critical hit chance increased by .25X%, rounded down. This ability does not increase beyond 20X per rank in this skill.
Requirements: One rank may be purchased every 20 levels.
Ranks: 5.
Cost: -2.

EDIT: Following a discussion with Princess, he has suggested the following wording for Arterial Gore, as Damage does not critically hit, attacks critically hit:

When you critically hit with an attack that has Bleeding; X [Y], the critical damage modifier is applied to total Bleeding damage of the technique, then evenly divided (rounding up) over the following Y turns.

Edited by almondsAndRain

Arterial Gore: Approved 

Blood in the Water: This is really close to getting an approval from me. The wording at the end of this feels weird though. I’d like to see it worded as follows just to make everything a clear:

“Effect: The user’s base Accuracy is increased by 100 per rank.

The user’s attacks that target opponents suffering from Bleeding; X have their total Accuracy increased by 5X and critical hit chance increased by .25X%, rounded down. X may never be higher than 20 per rank in this skill"

Samehada’s Progeny: Approved

One with the Waves: Approved

Updated my comment for Blood in the Water.

Edited by Tw33dle