fuhgahkra

Re-Submition of Inlay series

Hi all, I reached out to  Hardcore Skittlez and he gave me permission to resubmit the Inlay and Segmented series attributes he made in 2015. I'm attempting to change the wording of the effect to work more like the current wording of Elemental/Chakra  shield because those were used as a reference point.

previous version: 

Steel Inlay
Description:Your armor has been augmented to include metallic plating interwoven throughout it, granting a greater resistance to physical attacks.
Effect: Absorbs the first (2x + 50) / (4x + 75) / (6x + 100) physical Styleless Taijutsu and Basic Unarmed Attack damage dealt to you in combat, based on the rank of this attribute. The value of x is equal to the wearer's level. The maximum rank you may benefit from is based on your ninja rank; Chuunin for Rank 2, Jounin+ for Rank 3. This is a triggered effect and does not stack with other Steel Inlays. May be purchased three (3) times. The price increases with each rank.
Cost: 両80 / 両200 / 両320

Edited by fuhgahkra
adjusting due to feedback

Explanation: 

So from my understanding in reading the thread in where this was originally created, it was examined as just being chakra resistance but for Taijustu. Given that, I started off with  just increasing the number that multiples X due to Taijustu modifier being higher than what you get for ninjustu. I think that is enough and kept the added modifer the same with the main site versions for chakra shield. I also chose not to increase it further due to the Taijustu modifer for basic weapon attacks is slightly less than for Taiustu techniques. 

Doing math with the assumption of getting each one at the max level related to that rank, or in the case at least chunnin and jonin. We get the values of 170 for Gennin, 375 for Chunnin, and 580 for Jonin if we go for an assumption of lvl 80 and 820 for end game lvl of 120. Given that you are still limited to getting the previous version and thus waiting to reach the rank ( and as a correlation level) to get the better gear, I think it does a good job in preventing characters from having too much of a meat shield while still being of benefit before reaching levels where you can expect the damages to increase to meet them. The cost of these version are just an estimate from myself, using the numbers on the main site from chakra shield and elemental shield and increasing it by a small amount that I thought was suitable.

Appreciate on all feedback, thanks to whom looks at this. 

This series needs to be mirror Chakra shield since Styleless is the taijutsu equivalent of Void chakra. So change the numbers to be  (2x + 50) / (4x + 75) / (6x + 100).

Also, I would do exactly chakra shield and give this 1 name with ranks. So... Steel Inlay would be perfect. That way A.) you can say this doesn't stack with other instances of Steel inlay (cause currently, it mentions not stacking with chakra shield which is... probably just a copy/paste lay over haha)

Steel Inlay
Your armor has been augmented to include metallic plating interwoven throughout it, granting a greater resistance to physical attacks.
Absorbs the first (2x + 50) / (4x + 75) / (6x + 100) physical Styleless Taijutsu and Basic Unarmed Attack damage dealt to you in combat, based on the rank of this attribute. The value of x is equal to the wearer's level. The maximum rank you may benefit from is based on your ninja rank; Chuunin for Rank 2, Jounin+ for Rank 3. This is a triggered effect and does not stack with other Steel Inlays. May be purchased three (3) times. The price increases with each rank.
Cost: 両80 / 両200 / 両320

You're honestly not far from this, I would just make it a lot more succinct. 

Edited by PandaMattMatt
  • Thanks 1