Rhyno906254

General l Resourceful Engineer

Resourceful Engineer

Description: Why buy parts when you have all of this perfectly good scrap laying around?

Effect: The user may write a training post to create puppet frames and puppet parts instead of purchasing them. This training is treated as if the user is training on their own, unless it is done with another character that knows this skill. The amount of experience required to create this item is equal to its cost. 

Requirement: Path of the Puppeteer

Cost: -2 SP

Masterfully Resourceful Engineer

Description: You are a master engineer and given enough time, you can figure out how to replicate other puppeteers’ works of art with nothing but the scrap laying around your shop.

Effect: When writing training posts to create puppet frames or puppet parts through Resourceful Engineer, the amount of experience points required to create the items is now equal to half their cost. 

Requirements: Resourceful Engineer; an Advanced Path. 

Cost: -1 SP

Edited by Rhyno906254
  • Like 1

I'm going to give this a quick rewrite to fit the formatting and costs of the mainsite skills, Poison Creator and Medicine Maker. I'm also writing up a second skill, since Poison Creator has its own sequel and I'm sure someone one day is going to want to make puppets faster.

Also, I'm adding a Puppeteer requirement, because this should be limited to them.

Reverse Engineering 

Description: wordsAndWords.

Effects: The user may write a training post to create puppet frames and puppet parts instead of purchasing them. This training is treated as if the user was training on their own, unless it is done with another character that knows this skill. The amount of experience points required to create the items is equal to its cost. 

Requirements: Path of the Puppeteer.

Cost: -2.

Reverse Engineering; [name]

Description: wordsAndWords.

Effects: When writing training posts to create puppet frames and or puppet parts through Reverse Engineering, the amount of experience points required to create the items is now equal to half their cost.

Requirements: Reverse Engineering. An advanced path.

Cost: -1.

The second one is obviously gonna need a name. Also, on the subject of the names… this no longer allows you to reverse engineer parts, so the name doesn't fit as well as it did before the changes were made. You don't have to change the name if you'd rather keep it (especially since it's my fault they no longer fit!), this is just an observation and will not affect the review process.

Poison Creator and Medicine Maker, for ease of reference:

This character may write a training post creating medical items themselves instead of purchasing them. This training is treated as training alone unless being done with another character with this skill. The amount of EXP required to create the item is equal to it's cost. Staff have final say if an item is medical or not.

This character may write a training post creating poison items themselves instead of purchasing them. This training is treated as training alone unless being done with another character with this skill. The amount of EXP required to create the item is equal to it's cost. Staff have final say if an item is a poison or not.