Maelstrom

The Breaker

Anyone else follow this? It's Korean manhwa (called 'The Breaker', if you couldn't tell from the title of this topic) that I just picked up, and I must say it's quite amazing. Beautiful art, interesting characters, and though the story is a bit recycled it's still a pretty fresh take on the whole shounen genre.

I'm just about caught up with the most recent chapter. I'm really liking the way the author handled the relationship between Shiho and Goomoonryong. I like the way it developed. I'm also very pleased with Shioon's progression, and how the author gives a plausible explanation for his formidable power.

Edited by Maelstrom

I read the entire series in a few days and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to read a shounen manga (or manhwa) that's worlds ahead of the likes of Naruto and Bleach.

Started reading it and I really like it. It kind fo reminds me of Veritas, but as you said it is a recycled concept. Either way though both series are good.

My hat to you Mael, thanks for the suggestion read.

So I re-read a few parts of the last few chapters. So epic. Shiho perfectly exemplifies what every heroine in shounen manga should be. Hell, if Sakura was even half the woman she is, she'd almost be a likable character. And the way her relationship with Goomoonryong blossomed over the course of the story was fantastically portrayed. Oh, and let's not forget Shioon's growth as well. He's really come into his own, but still has such a ways to go.

As I've said before, I love this manhwa.

Very good story line...... I like the youth's attitude to his increased strength opposed to Shonens or other mangas where they get strong and stay complete whimp ass pussies. Gomoonryung is like rediculous strong, it's quite awesome. Can't wait until more chapters pop out.