cntrstrk14

Yōkai Q&A

Right, just a few things. Don't care to Necro Threads but since it's Yōkai related I was referred here rather than the standard Q/A Thread. So.. Necro time!

Question: Yōkai Jinchūriki. Should they just post their Yokai data, Skills, Cloaks, Stats, all that jazz, into their skills page on their app or another post? Just checking/confirming if I do. Or do I Just post the cloaks and keep the Yokai data itself elsewhere? Do you link back to a post with the data? It's never really answered anywhere.

Relatively simple question but it's a good one to know and since I haven't been on chat in a week to ask, and my availability/online status for skype is gonna be whacky for a bit yet I thought I'd just post it here.

The information about your Yokai is kept on your sheet. It functions like a pet, which is to say, it functions sort of like an item -or- skill. I say -or- because you can organize it however you find best for your own organization and in a way that is clear to staff members. I personally would keep Yokai stats in its own separate reply on a character sheet of my own, and the skills you take with it in your normal skills.

Right, another question while I'm at it...

Is it possible to create a skill, for like one SP or something, that changes cloak requirements from the tank stats to a combined total rather than one tank stat being above the value? Like, Rank/Stage 2 requires 600+ Chakra or Stamina. Would it be possible to create a skill to make it Chakra and Stamina both just combined be higher than the 600 value? I'd be willing to balance it out with an increase in the requirement or something. Where both have to be greater than Rank/Stage value * 1.X or something.

I.. believe that covers everything I have to ask off the top of my head/wasn't already listed elsewhere.

Edit:

Oh, wait, also...

"Higher than?" Thats.. really awkward. It's a single Stat Point that could make any tank stat 'higher' than the 200 or 600 or whatever it might be. Wouldn't Equal to or Higher than be a bit.. cleaner?

Edited by MadKatters

Do you roll for control anytime you enter the cloak even if it's only an RP thread or non-stat training? It's a skill, yes, but the effect is one that can be used in RP obviously. I know that skills, such as the water/tree walking amongst others, can be used in an RP thread/RP Training without it becoming a stat/skill battle or thread (Whatever you'd prefer to call it) but the nature of the 'beast' as it were with Yokai are something altogether different.

I've Copy/Pasted the in formation regarding the "Cloak of the Nekomata" (My Yokai) And the Cloak Rules/First rank of it from my page to make things a bit easier for you. I bolded the portion regarding regarding the roll. I'm guessing by the 'upkeep'/'setup phase' mentioning, it might only activate if the thread's already a stat one. Could be wrong though, would be helpful to know.

¤ Cloak of the Nekomata¤

- All Ranks must be purchased in order.

- All advanced Chakra & Stamina regeneration skills/jutsu's are suspended.

- All celestial gates, bloodlines, or other abilities that take up a 'bloodline' spot are disabled.

- Summons, pets and clones may not be used by the player when the Husk is activated.

- While a Jinchuuriki is below 20% Health or 10% Chakra/Stamina they are considered to be in a "critical" state.

- While in the "critical" state and not in their Husk form, a control roll is made at the start of the setup phase and is a roll of 1d10. A roll of a 7 or lower will result in a loss of control.

- A loss of control results in immediate activation of the highest level Husk available to the player, along with a GM taking control of the rest of the player's turn. If the player does not have enough Yōkai Chakra to pay for the transformation, ignore this.

- While in the "critical" state and in their Husk form, a player's normal turn roll is given a -2 negative.

Stage 1

The Jinchuuriki becomes enveloped in a white chakra that shimmers like heat rolling off of a flat surface. The inner layers of this chakra begin to take the form of bristling fur. While enveloped in this chakra, the jinchuuriki's teeth and nails sharpen, giving them a more feral appearance.

Rank 1: User gains 25% of demon's stats, stacked upon their own. Stat addition may surpass 1.5x for the stat it is effecting, but cannot go beyond 1.5x of the highest stat the character has. All stats are rounded up. Every turn this is active, when they pay their activation or upkeep cost, the user must make a control roll on 1d10. On the result of a 1-2, the GM or a staff member will gain control of the character for the rest of the turn. A GM may give negatives to rolls in times of great emotional trauma.

Requirement: Combined Chakra and Stamina higher than 250; Level 10

Chakra Cost: The chakra costs of this rank are based on the highest Cloak rank the user owns.

Rank 1: 1000 Chakra Activation, 1000 Chakra Upkeep

Rank 2: 850 Chakra Activation, 850 Chakra Upkeep

Rank 3: 700 Chakra Activation, 700 Chakra Upkeep

Rank 4: 550 Chakra Activation, 550 Chakra Upkeep

Skill Points: -1 SP

- A loss of control results in immediate activation of the highest level Husk available to the player, along with a GM taking control of the rest of the player's turn. If the player does not have enough Yōkai Chakra to pay for the transformation, ignore this.

Next question. Regarding this. Is it highest level they've purchased, or highest level they Could purchase? Say, I only have Rank 1, but I'm level 40 (Thus could purchase rank 2) and I haven't bought that rank yet.. do I go into Rank 1 or Rank 2 in this state?

Yōkai Focus; Mind
Effect: Gain +1 when rolling for any loss of character control due to their 'Cloak' transformation.
Training: Must complete 4-post training in which they must learn to shield their consciousness from the control of the demon. Must be preformed under the supervision of a Jounin ranked ninja or higher. The character must take at least 1 week to learn this IC.
Cost: -1

If you are Jounin level. Do you need a Jounin supervisor still or can you Solo train since I'm of that rank??

- Chuunin/Jounin/Sennin/Kage Training: The same as training, however you must also have at least one character of that rank in the thread teaching the skill to you. The character training you must make at least three (3) posts throughout the training and must be controlled by another player. If you are of the indicated rank you do not need another character in the thread with you.

From the top of the Skills page on the main site.