Warr

Warrusu Updates; Clone Special #1

The Original

Jouki Bushin no Jutsu (Steam Clone technique)
Type: Ninjutsu (Clan); Personal to Umikoi Warrusu
Cost: 140 (Maximum of 2 Clones can be on the field at any one time.)
Effects: Each Steam Clone has 1/4 stats of the user, but only 1/16th Health. When the bushin is destroyed, opponent is blasted with burning hot steam-water, causing the opponent the status effect of burned for two turns.

Burned: The target takes 120% damage from taijutsu, basic and weapon attacks, takes 10 damage a turn.
Max Duration: 4 turns
DP: 30/turn

The Hit Ratio for the burning hot steam-water is so:
60%-+Clones's accuracy-Opponent's Evasion+10% if Opponent bursted the clone at close range+5% if the opponent has never faced this technique before.
Description: Using surrounding water and wind and control of heat, the user creates a clone of himself or herself. This clone is useful in two ways, both in helping distract the opponent from finding out who the real target is, and by the effect which occurs when they explode.
Requires: Mizu Bushin no Jutsu

The Revamp

Warusu Hiden Ōgi; Jouki Bunshin no Jutsu (Warrusu Secret Technique; Steam Clone Skill) | わるす秘伝奥義・蒸汽分身の術
Type: Ninjutsu [ Steam ]
Cost: 300
Effects: Each Steam Clone has 50 health, 50% of the user's stamina, and chakra, 25% of the user's non tank stats, but only 10% of the user's Defense. Whenever a Steam Clone is destroyed, there is a 75% chance the opponent will be dealt one turn of 'scorched'. These clones are considered to have the skills 'savior'. A Maximum of three (3) Steam Clones may be created by the same user.
Description: Using their own steam chakra, the user forms it into a doppleganger of themselves. The clones are hot blooded, in a literal sense, and can not only be useful in a battle by helping their user fight opponents, but also can be utilized as a surprise attack of sorts.
Requirements: Must be taught by Umikoi Warrusu.

The Original

Harou Bushin no Jutsu (Wave Clone Technique)
Type: Ninjutsu (Clan)
Cost: 110 (Maximum of 3 Clones can be on the field at any one time.)
Effects: Each Wave Clone has 1/4 stats of the user, but only 1/8th Health. When the bushin is destroyed, opponent is sent flying back, and is treated as long range. Limit of 3 clones at once.
Description: Using surrounding water and wind, the user creates a clone of himself or herself. This clone is useful in two ways, both in helping distract the opponent from finding out who the real target is, and by making the opponent fly back into long range if they do hit one of the clones.
Requires: Mizu Bushin no Jutsu

The Revamp

Umikoi Hiden Ōgi; Harou Bunshin no Jutsu (Umikoi Secret Technique; Waves Clone Skill) | 海愛秘伝奥義・波浪分身の術
Type: Ninjutsu [ Water]
Cost: 260
Effects: Creates a Waves Clone. Each Waves Clone has 50 health, 50% of the user's stamina and chakra, 25% of the user's non tank stats, but only 10% of the user's Defense. Whenever a Waves Clone is destroyed, there is a 50% chance the opponent will be dealt two turns of 'clobbered' and one turn of 'dizzy'. A Maximum of two (2) Waves Clones may be created by the same user.
Description: Using their complex knowledge of water manipulation, the user creates a doppelganger of themselves using their own water chakra. The clones are as powerful as their name sake, but gain much of their name from the fact that when they explode or are destroyed, they do indeed create a tidal wave.
Requires: Umikoi Clan membership or being taught by an Umikoi Clan member. Water Clone Skill, in addition.

Edited by Warr

What the SP value thing means is that you have to choose what skill the clones have upon creation. You can't just pick new skills for it to have every time.

My bad, it wasn't very clear. Fixed now.

Edited by Warr

Steam Clone: -3 SP = 120 CP (@40CP per -1)

50% Non Tanks = 160

75% Tanks = 150

75% chance to inflict status = 1.5xStatus. Burnedx2 = 60 CP * 1.5 = 90 CP

150+160+90+120 = 520 which exceeds the maximum cost cap for a Jounin Clone technique.

I'd suggest only a single turn of Burned, which would look more like:

150+160+45+120 = 475 per Clone, Max 1 Clone per use.

This would normally create a clone with 475 HP. If we want to discuss cost reductions in exchange for a lower HP pool (which is what it looks like you want) we can do so, but we cant allow the base clone (before the haggle) to have a CP value higher than 500.

Also, you call them "Wave Clones" in the effect box at the end.

--------

Wave Clone: 50% non tanks = 160

75% tanks = 150

50% chance to inflict Prone = 1xStatus. Prone x2 = 50. So 50 CP

160+150+50= 360 Chakra per Clone. Max 1 Clone per Use.

Again, if we want to discuss reducing their HP (which would be 360HP) in order to affect a cost reduction, we can. In this case, it MAY allow the clone to have a Max 2 per use if we can get the cost at or below 250 Chakra per clone.

Steam Clone: -3 SP = 120 CP (@40CP per -1)

50% Non Tanks = 160

75% Tanks = 150

75% chance to inflict status = 1.5xStatus. Burnedx2 = 60 CP * 1.5 = 90 CP

150+160+90+120 = 520 which exceeds the maximum cost cap for a Jounin Clone technique.

I'd suggest only a single turn of Burned, which would look more like:

150+160+45+120 = 475 per Clone, Max 1 Clone per use.

This would normally create a clone with 475 HP. If we want to discuss cost reductions in exchange for a lower HP pool (which is what it looks like you want) we can do so, but we cant allow the base clone (before the haggle) to have a CP value higher than 500.

Also, you call them "Wave Clones" in the effect box at the end.

Contesting. It uses a total of 2 SP, not 3 SP. I can tack on 'requires path of the guardian' if you want, but it's specifically for/from Warrusu (Thus the name), who has Chakra Barrier at -1SP because of path of the guardian. The math is right. If for some reason his investments into path can't carry over in reducing the chakra barrier cost, I can find something else to put there or remove the skills entirely, and get a cheaper cost. But he can't have savior without the path of the defender or path of the guardian either, so easier to tack on 'requires path of the guardian'.

--------

Wave Clone: 50% non tanks = 160

75% tanks = 150

50% chance to inflict Prone = 1xStatus. Prone x2 = 50. So 50 CP

160+150+50= 360 Chakra per Clone. Max 1 Clone per Use.

Again, if we want to discuss reducing their HP (which would be 360HP) in order to affect a cost reduction, we can. In this case, it MAY allow the clone to have a Max 2 per use if we can get the cost at or below 250 Chakra per clone.

And why would their HP be 360? The second tech is not Warrusu's specifically but rather for any Umikoi to take/learn, so their HP might be different than 360. I'm hesitant to take the less HP route when it could technically hurt a differently built Umikoi.

Edited by Warr

Yeah, you can take Savior without Path of the Guardian. But it's neither here nor there, since clones don't have these paths, they pretty much have to consider all the skills at their base level. The cost I'm checking for the first one is 520, which is too big for a Jonin clone, so you'll definitely want to scale something back, either remove a turn of Burned or some of the SP. Then we can talk about reducing the cost for having lower Health than normal, but this will never make 5 clones. It'll probably max out at just 1 clone.

For Wave clone, Prone is going to be getting removed from the game when we roll out Status Effect updates. You'll want to go back to the drawing board on this one. Maybe Clobbered, it's a way better effect anyway. Also, 5 clones again is way too much.

Basically, when you're calculating clones, unless you're doing something special like the Shadow Clone tech, where their stats scale, you'll have to just add up the cost for 1 clone for each additional clone that you are creating, and once you reach the CP cap for that rank, you're at the limit for clones that you can make.

Math for Jouki Bunshin: 45(75% chance of one turn of burned)+40(1SP worth of skills, savior)+80(50% of Chakra/Stamina)+60(25% of non-tank stats)=225. Without making it have less defense or any other deficiencies that should bring it down to maximum of 2 clones created, and 225 Chakra cost per clone. I'm willing to make it have less HP and/or less than the other percentage of defense it would normally get to contribute towards defense so that it can you know, 'pop' easier, BUT I'd need to know what kind of discount I can get, as I'd like to have a 2 clone maximum and potentially either get away with 2 turns of burned or even better, 50% of non-tank non-defense stats with a 2 clone maximum.

If I fiddle with it further without upping the non-tank stats bit, I'd just make it do 2 turns of burned and potentially 2 turns of distracted if I can get away with that from the standpoint of costs with the 'discount' for being more smooshy, and maybe a discount from a limitation on what kind of techs it can use.

Math for Harou Bunshin: 120 for the 50% chance to do the status effects it'd do. 80 for 50% chakra/stam. 60 for 25% non-tank stats. Normally this would bring me above the amount to make more than one clone (260 CP) but again I'm willing to make these less sturdy by lessening the amount of defense it'd get or potentially saying it gets no percentage of defense, depending on the discount I can get for it. I want to minimally be able to get 2 Harou Bunshin created at the 'max' number of harou bunshin create-able by one user.

So the way I've priced lately (and other opinions may differ) is that you can reduce the HP of a Clone to reduce its costs. I've been doing 1/3 of the HP you sacrifice is your reduction. (so, if you have a 400 HP clone that costs 400 Chakra, and you lop off 300 HP so its a 100 HP Clone at 400 Chakra, you've sacrificed 300 HP, so 1/3 of that is 100 Chakra, meaning it'll be a 100 HP Clone at 300 Chakra.) So feel free to reduce HP along that scale, because it seems pretty fair cost-wise.

Stats wise, I've basically been looking at: What did you pay for stats (non tanks only)? What stat are you cutting? By how much? If its 50% or greater, I'll give you a reduction equal to 1/8 what you paid for non tank stats. There is currently no plans for reducing cost based on cutting stamina or chakra for a clone, since a ton of people only use one or the other, and it would turn into madness.

Based on that pricing rhetoric, Harou Bunshin would cost: 80 (50% Tanks)+60(25% Non-Tanks)+120 (50% Chance 2 Turns Clobbered +1 Turn Dizzy) = 260.

260 HP - 50 = 210 and that makes it 210/3 = -70 for that reduction. Then 1/8th of 60 is 7.5 or 8. So that's -78 total. That'd bring the cost down to 182 per clone. With a bit of wiggle room that should allow for 3 total Harou Bunshin on the field at max, by a particular user.

Based on that pricing rhetoric, Jouki Bunshin would cost: 80 (50% Tanks)+60(25% Non-Tanks)+45 (75% chance 1 turn Burned) = 185. + 40 CP for Savior = 225 CP.

225 HP - 50 = 175 / 3 = 58.3333 or 59. Same reduction for the defense, so 59+8 = 67. 225 - 67 = 158 Chakra. Which should again, allow 3 clones max on the field. This time with no wiggle room.

Eh, so be it. 2 Clones max it is, but because that brings the maximum CP used down to the '9JP' cap for Jounin clones, it went down to 9JP as opposed to 10JP, on Harou Bunshin.

The only issue I see at first glance is that Waves Clones receive Defense at a reduced rate compared to other stats, but clones no longer receive Defense at all. If you return, I’ll move this back to custom for you and give it a deeper review, but as it stands, I am moving this to dead like I said in PMs last week, as I am cleaning the forum.