PandaMattMatt

Hanamajo Skill Overhaul 1

Green Thumb

With an inherent adeptness towards flora, the Hanamajo are naturally excellent gardeners. When this strength is honed and applied to the molding of chakra, the Hanamajo exude the teeming energy of life. It takes more training to remove the plant nature from a Hanamajo’s chakra than it does to add it.

Effect: When this skill is purchased at character creation, the skill 'Combinatorial; Plant' may be taken in place of their Free Village Element Skill. In addition, when this character rolls for their first Elemental Specialty, they roll a 1d2, 1 = Earth and 2 = Water. This specialty does not require any training.

Requirement: Hanamajo Clan Membership

Cost: -1 sp

Horticulturalist

The subtle nuances of the various species of plants may seem meaningless or even foreign to the average person, however Hanamajo are so in tune with plants and flowers that this insight comes as a second nature to them. This allows them to not only develop but also learn and teach complicated plant techniques to one another much more quickly than another person would.

Effect: Characters with this skill may purchase Plant Element techniques for 1 jp less. A minimum of 1 jp must be paid.

Requirement: Hanamajo Clan Membership

Cost: -2 sp

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Notes

Green Thumb

A basic and common skill that gives Combinatorial; Plant for free, if they give up their village bonus. And a little extra thing about the specialty to make it worth the -1 sp

Horticulturalist
Old versions granted a reduction to both Plant and Wood techniques, which was a little over the top. I also decided to allow all plant techs a little reduction, instead of just Hanamajo variants a bigger reduction. So, made it Plant exclusive, and only -1 jp. Dropped the cost to -2, rather than -3 for that.

Florists from the Desert
I have always said that the Hanamajo are merchants. They've been merchants since their inception and it's so ground into my mind that I don't know why I didn't do this already. This is more of a skill to allow for some flavor, but I like it.

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Green Thumb and Horticulture look fine.

Florists should be to a maximum of Rank 6 of Merchant. Unlike other 2 for 1 skills(which are primarily Path-related), Merchant as potentially infinite value. Some of the logic is borrowed from here.

These should also all specifically have Hanamajo membership listed as a requirement.