Celes

Midaraku | God's Depravity

Midaraku Fortification
You are missing the word 'divided' in your effect. Also you can probably remove "is only applicable towards damage to Health that is dealt by opponents" part since this is based on current Health now and not total lost over time.

Midaraku Suppression 
Approved.

Midaraku Assimilation
Going through this step by step again since it changed.

While Midaraku is active, this character gains x [Element] Charges per rank in this skill when they take damage from a strike of an elemental attack (excluding Void), where x is equal to the damage dealt before defensive modifiers are applied or the base cost of the attack, whichever is higher. 
This part seems fine. You get up to 4x charges based on total damage dealt. 

[Element] is determined by the element of the attack in question and is limited to basic elements; however, if the attack is a Combinatorial Element, this character may choose one of the basic elements required to make it instead. 
This also seems fine.

If this character uses a Construct or Response Phase technique that negates an attack, they also gain x [Element] Charges per rank in this skill equal to the amount of damage reduced or negated. 
Also fine.

If characters with this skill did not take damage from an opponent since the beginning of their turn, once per turn as a free action during the Setup Phase, the character may pay 25 Chakra to generate 25 [Element] Charges per rank in this skill during their Setup Phase, where z is equal to the rank in this skill. 
First off, there is no z anymore so that should be removed. This actually seems rather small now that we're seeing this whole economy. When you get potentiall 4x from total damage, 25 points is a very very small amount. I would potentially have this scale with rank as well? Maybe always pay 25 Chakra, but gain 25x charges?

Characters with this skill may possess an amount of [Element] Charges equal to their level times twenty-five (25). 
First, this cap is PER ELEMENT, correct? So you can have 3000 Earth Charges and 3000 Fire Charges? This cap seems much better given how much you can hold. At max level and rank you're looking at only a 750 total damage attack to fill you up completely on a single element. That seems fine.

For every 300 [Element] Charges this character possesses, the Subtle Element skill corresponding to the respective [Element] Charge is increased by 5% (rounded up).

This is probably fine if it caps out at 50%.

Element Charge Economy

Okay, so I think this is a good time to talk about the economy of this. Let's examine. 

Input:

• Up to 4x total damage taken.

• Up to 25x as a Setup Phase action if no damage was taken in a turn.

Maximums: 

• 3000 per charge type.

Passives:

• Up to +50% effectiveness on Subtle Element bonuses.

Outputs: 

• 500 Elemental Charges to activate Han Midaraku.

• 1000 Elemental Charges to activate Shin Midaraku. 

• 500 Elemental Charges to activate Shin Midaraku from Han Midaraku.

• 500 Elemental Charges on various mastery abilities.

So the general problem I think is on your input. The input (and some of the bonuses like the stat bonuses) are based on the current rank / level. That means that early on it will be nearly impossible to get the 500 points needed to activate, and at later levels it becomes trivial to get that amount. This is mostly due to the gain "x charges based on rank". As you go up you already get more charges because your health, defense, and enemy total damage all go up. Putting a multiplier on top of that is probably a bad idea because it makes the grown exponential instead of linear. I would suggest re-examining the input section and maybe changing it.

In we go again! I feel embarressed that I said we should get this approved soon in November and here we are in Feb, though my post above has been around for a bit, haha. I've had more thoughts though.

Activation/Upkeep Rules
Too many words, I took out a bunch that were redundant with Upkeep Cost rules from Battle System 3.20. In addition, I feel these should be moved into the "Midaraku | God’s Depravity | 未堕落" area so they are right next to the Activation Cost and Upkeep Cost information. Keep them together since they are tied to each other.

Midaraku Activation & Upkeep Rules: The Midaraku may be activated as a Setup Phase action and may be deactivated during any phase as a free action. The effects of all advanced regeneration skills are negated while Midaraku is active.

Activation Cost: 5% Total Chakra & 5% Total Stamina

Upkeep Cost: 2.5% Total Chakra & 2.5% Total Stamina

Physiological Inhibitor
Approved.

Blackened Core
Approved.

Midaraku Fortification
Do my fix above, then Approved.

Midaraku Suppression
Approved.

Midaraku Assimilation
I think you should just cut the Subtle Element bonus and maybe move it into a mastery. It is a little weird that all this skill does is gain charges, but gaining charges is a key part to the power of everything below it, and generating a resource to be used later is kind of synonymous to gaining Chakra or Stamina when hit. In that way it really is it's own bonus, even if you can't "spend" that resource without other abilities. You might also want to consider maybe just making this two ranks and have them tied to Han and Shin Midaraku? At level 30 and 60 and have them do 2x and 4x and cost -2 SP? That way you don't even have this skill until you have something to spend it on, which makes a lot of sense to me. This could also smooth out some economy problems I outlined above.

Han Midaraku
There are... too many words here for what this does. Going to make some organization changes to mirror the Activation and Upkeep costs of the Midaraku. I also broke up the big block of text for the effects into bullets to be more easily digested.

Han Midaraku Activation & Upkeep Rules: The Han Midaraku may only be activated if the character has the Midaraku active. The Han Midaraku is activated as a Setup Phase action and it replaces the Midaraku and all of it's effects and costs while it is active. The character may disable the Han Midaraku as a free action in any phase. If they do they may choose to return to the Midaraku. The effects of all advanced regeneration skills are negated while Han Midaraku is active.

Han Midaraku Limits: The Han Midaraku may only be active for three (3) turns and cannot be activated again for another three (3) turns.

Activation Cost: 500 [Element] Charges

Upkeep Cost: 5% Total Chakra & 5% Total Stamina

Effect: While Han Midaraku is active, this character has the following bonuses.

• Two of their statistics are increased by 3x according to their [Element], where x is equal to this character's level. 

• Taijutsu and Basic Attacks used by this character are treated as [Element] and are modified by Taijutsu and Ninjutsu.

(I removed the cost changing bit here. It's pretty complicated. It's flavorful, but it also seems like it would just be a downside for the user and this bloodline has enough hoops to jump through.)

• Total damage dealt to this character by [Element] is reduced by 25%.

• Total damage dealt to this character by Combinatorial Elements that include [Element] is reduced by 25-5y%, where y is equal to the Combinatorial Element's tier.

• Gains [Element] Specialty skill, which has an increased 50% bonus, rounded down.

• Corresponding Subtle Element skill effects are doubled.

• [Element] Ninjutsu have their cost reduced by 10%. This reduction stacks with other effects and may exceed the maximum cost reduction.

• May not use any attack that makes use of an element that is not [Element]. 

Fire: Ninjutsu & Evasion

Water: Ninjutsu & Concentration

Lightning: Speed & Accuracy

Earth: Taijutsu & Defense

Wind: Taijutsu & Ninjutsu

Shin Midaraku

Same organizational feedback as the above.

You use the term basic element a lot. The term is subtle element, as written this technically does nothing, it could maybe be read to work with Void as Void isn't a subtle element, it's the default for things that aren't subtle or combinatorial, thus it's the only genuinely basic element. Change that and I'll touch base on some numbers and I might be able to get this stamped.

So, I understand this is a pretty minor change you're requesting and I'm trying not to be a pain but its kind of covered in 5.07 under Ninjutsu Elements, including the deal with Void.

The following is a brief explanation of the nature of Chakra. It attempts to give a basic grounding in the nature of chakra and some of its more advanced applications; of course this is not an exhaustive explanation. For the purposes of Ninja Academy, elements are damage types of Ninjutsu techniques. There are a number of elements, each one with its own mechanically flavor that is different from the rest.

Here are the five basic elements

- Earth
- Fire
- Wind
- Water
- Lightning

The five basic elements are the "building blocks" of all the other elements in the game. Using different combinations of these five you can create any element you can think of. Sometimes these five elements are called "Subtle Elements" which is due to the name of the skill that is required to use them. In the absence of all elements, there is "Void", which is the word used to describe Ninjutsu damage that does not have an element.

Edit: Ha, Cellar beat me to it.

Edited by Celes

Fair enough, I'll take that then. 

With that sorted it all looks fairly good then. I'm concerned with how much the AS can do and still get 1440 stats, but like sage mode it has a short duration and anyone who elects not to throw elemental ninjutsu at you seriously limits what you can do. I feel the counterplay is fairly accessible to most players, so it should encourage meaningful choices in battle.

Approved.