PandaMattMatt

Mizaru

MIZARU

eBR3c2U.jpg

[Passive Bloodline]

The Mizaru bloodline is the name given to a family of powerful sensor-types known as the Fell Clan. While not a Doujutsu in the traditional sense, the most prominent physical feature of a possessor of the Mizaru bloodline manifests itself in their eyes. Their bright, crystal irises that span every color on the spectrum is only accented by the complete lack of a pupil, the trait that is most commonly attributed to their blindness.

Though unable to see in the conventional sense, this evolutionary deviation is accredited to giving them enhanced Chakra sensing abilities, as well as the capacity to “see” through interpreting the way their Chakra interacts with their environment. When the bloodline is active, the iris of a Mizaru’s eyes will emit a soft glow, a light representative of the Chakra flowing through their system.

See No Evil
Description: The most basic form of the Mizaru presents itself as a type of blindness, in the conventional sense. While the eyes of a Fell may not perceive light as any other would, they can nonetheless sense it with their waves of emitted chakra.
Roleplay Effect: User may identify other characters by the “feel” or “taste” of their specific chakra, including their location and movements. Inanimate objects may be “seen” through the use of Chakra ambiance, which is similar to echolocation. When concentrating on a small number of targets, or people they are especially familiar with, may gauge emotional reactions through fluctuations in Chakra.
Effects: Accuracy cannot be less than half of this character's base Concentration at any time, before the effect of this skill.

Rank 1: This character is immune to the Status Effects "Impaired Eyesight" and "Blind", however their Accuracy is considered to be 50% of it's total. This skill cannot be overcome with the skills "Overcome Your Problems". 

Restriction: Must Be Taken at Character Creation

Cost: -0 sp

Rank 2: This Character's Accuracy is considered to be 75% of it's total. This replaces Rank 1.

Requirement: Level 10

Cost: -2 sp

Rank 3: This Character's Accuracy is considered to be 100% of it's total. In addition, this character may take "Path of the Sensor" regardless of their base path. This Replaces Rank 2.

Requirement: Level 25

Cost: -2 sp

Chakra Ambiance
Description: Akin to an “echolocation”, this allows the Fell to use their Chakra to get a sense of their surroundings by sending it out in a slow, steady wave, and then interpreting the way it interacts with their environment. Allows for the identification of static and non-living objects through the use of Chakra instead of conventional sight.
Effect: When this character is targeted by a Physical Attack, they may increase their Chance to Dodge by 1% per 100 Concentration they have. This bonus is increased to 2% per 100 Concentration against incoming Physical Chakra Based Attacks.

Requirement: See No Evil Rank 3, Path of the Sensor, Level 40
Cost: -3 sp

Chakra Sensor
Description: Another trademark of the Mizaru bloodline is their sensitivity to chakra. Almost all members have an above average capacity to sense the presence of Chakra in others, perceiving it like an aura, or an inner flame granting them the ability to identify any living thing by its unique Chakra signature. This ability has been key to making the Fell clan superior sensors.
Effect: This Character may select one additional mastery option from the Path of the Sensor advanced path per rank in this skill. 
Restrictions: One rank in this skill may be taken at Jounin Rank and a second rank may be taken at Sennin Rank.

Requirement: See No Evil Rank 3 and Path of the Sensor
Cost: -1 sp per rank.

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Designer's Notes

• I have permission from Rhap Sodos to resubmit this bloodline. However, Rhap Sodos is still the owner of this bloodline and clan.
  • Here is a Link to the currently Approved [But very very old] version
  • I made this a passive bloodline as it was always meant to be. Our system has evolved in the last... 8 years and now I feel this is a more true version to what was meant to be.
  • I COMPLETELY slimmed down the skills. This has a very clear focus.
  • Chakra Ambience; by level 30, you get a 1% chance to hit (with physical attacks) per 10 Concentration you have
  • Chakra Sensing: This was a cool aspect of the previous version that would no longer fly (Percentile increases and whatnot), but I modeled it after Mind's Eye but in reverse. For every 100 Concentration you have, you gain an additional +1% chance to dodge Chakra Based Attacks. However, when using this skill all your regen is halved for 1 turn.
  • I shoop'd that eye. 

Edited by PandaMattMatt

See No Evil should be a +0. It doesn't actually hinder you. You were never planning to use Accuracy to begin with. Sure, for the first 30 levels your accuracy will suck, but you're gonna stack Con for your level 30 version of this build (and presumably take some genjutsu early on instead). And when you do, Con is a perfect replacement for Accuracy. So your "blindness" is not a hindrance. Nothing about it ultimately hinders you in any way. In fact, this bloodline makes you immune to Blind's and Impaired Eyesight's effects. And then on top of that it gives you an in to path of the sensor regardless of base path, which is, no way around, a bonus. If anything this should be a -1, but I'll settle on +0.

My core problem with the bloodline is that it makes Con do A LOT of stuff. Con (when this bloodline maxes out) now:

-- Increases Tai Crit Chance
-- Reduces Ninjutsu Costs
-- Is Accuracy
-- Modifies Genjutsu CTH
-- Modifies Evasion (At a 10:1 Ratio to normal Evasion, Not suitable for completely replacing Evasion)

And ultimately, that might make this too imbalanced. The reason all those stats are separate stats is so that players have to spread out their points and cant just stack into one mighty superstat (we have a whole Advanced System for that called Sage Mode, and it is HEAVILY regulated). We may have to come back and tweak its ratios in comparison to Acc (meaning your Acc effect might need to land at a 20:1 Ratio or something similar to Genjutsu to keep this balanced).

My secondary dislike is that it saps some of the uniqueness of that Path of the Balanced option by cloning it here for Con. But if you're gonna do it, this is where we would normally allow it. Also, because this now passive you can practically guarantee Chakra Flow on these characters, so I don't know if the cost is actually a prohibitive cost to using the ability. We may need to revisit this. The goal is that you should not be able to use this every turn you get attacked (which is how it is currently set up. You'll blast this any turn you get attacked, and not blast it any turn you dont and get your full 15% adv regen). Maybe we need a limit of number of activations? 

I'm not totally against this until we see it full in practice. Because it does have two rather glaring weaknesses and CAN be counterplayed against. So I'll give it a tentative approval so we can see it in action.

Edited by Kouta

You're right about the hindering. I kind of sat here for a bit trying to think of a good additional drawback that fit the flavor of the bloodline... I came up with nothing. So I made this a -1 sp skill. I'm not certain I can swing this as a 0 sp skill, but this still only puts the whole bloodline at about 7 sp, which feels right for this effect.

Also, as for the Regeneration thing, it's halved when it's activated, so yeah, they might all have Chakra Flow, but at it halves that effectiveness for the turn it was used. So, 15% becomes 7.5% for 1 turn. Or is they only have rank 1, it's only 5%. Or if they have none, then it's only 2.5%. So, it's still relevant no matter what skills are taken. So... yes, it can be blasted every turn, if you're evading attacks with a chakra cost, but even if you dump 10 sp into Chakra Flow Rank 2, you're essentially paying 10 sp for... +2.5% regen. I'm not sure I see what the concern is with that. 

Edited by PandaMattMatt

No, I'm with Kouta. This is just a bloodline for making a single character who is an untouchable pillar of Concentration. Having halved regeneration means nothing if your concentration has reduced all of your Ninjutsu attacks by half and you're hitting just as well as a non-blind guy. 

I think a more balanced method to make this clan work is that their bloodline uses their concentration statistic to alter and enhance the effects of the Skill Aura Perception Premonition. Like you can activate it in the setup phase to use premonition as a to-hit method instead of a to-do method, and you can add bonus chances to roll into it based on your concentration.

Basically, I think a middleman that waters down the potency of a single state and introduces a degree of randomness will make this more acceptable. Because like I said, right now this is just absurdly strong for as simple as it is.

@Cellar Door @Kouta

I made a few edits.

The first and likely to have the biggest impact is that characters with this bloodline no longer gain the additional bonuses of stacking Con. No +crit chance and no -% chakra cost. It seems that the biggest issue wasn't using con as a "To-Hit" stat. But using it as that plus everything else that came with con. Added this to the entry skill to make it a +1 hindering as originally intended. 

Second edit, I liked the idea of making the Bloodline more focused on the Sensor path option. So now the third skill in the bloodline allows the character to take one additional path mastery at Jounin and Sennin rank. For extra sp of course. 

Edited by PandaMattMatt

No, the biggest issue is definitely still using Con as to-hit chance, especially passively.

How about something like this:

Mizaru becomes an activated effect. Basically, you get a certain number of turns per battle where you can activate your chakra sensing. (This should be low). And when you use Aura Perception; Chakra on an opponent, you can gain an accuracy bonus on your next attack based off of the amount of chakra that they have. This should have a fairly low number of usages. 2-3 per enemy.

Then, whenever your Premonition skill procs, you should get a bonus to accuracy on your next attack based on the cost of the attack you avoided. This one should have a much larger number of usages, since it's not something you decide to use, but is a triggered effect.

Now, this would totally invalidate the idea of needing concentration as I laid it down, but you could make the bonuses to-hit be based on your con instead of the costs of the opponent attacks. I just think that using opponent's chakra against them is a super neat idea.

Ok. Almost entirely reworked. See No Evil has actually been inspired by tony's Break The Seal Gradually bloodline. The first rank of the skill is a bit of a doozy right off the bat, giving immunity to the status effects "Blind" and "Impaired" eyesight. However, it make the user's acc 50% of it's base at all time. I pay for the immunity to Blind/Impaired Eyesight in the following ranks. -3 sp for the status immunity and -1 for the choice of taking Sensor regardless of base path. OH! And the user's acc can never be lower than 50% of their Concentration. Which means someone planning on only ever using Genjutsu, cannot take this bloodline and basically get free stuff out of it without a significant investment into Acc as well as Con.

Chakra ambiance lets the user dodge better by adding their Con to their chance to dodge equation. It's better against chakra because that's what they see the best.

Chakra Sensor: This is really the Capstone ability of the bloodline, basically allowing the Fell to be better sensors than any other by Sennin.

Shocked it took me this long to get to this. The move away from making premonition some insane nightmarish monstrosity to overcome, and instead making dodges more reliable via concentration. If you sit on the generally crazy levels of 2,000 Concentration, you're getting 400 evasion out of it. 

The Blind and Impaired Eyesight immunity are good and thematic, the stat increases on this are theoretically uncapped, but really, the investment in CXP to get this to insane levels is its own punishment. 

Going anything into sensor and then getting all of sensor's bonuses is thematic, and honestly I don't think it's that scary. Let's your tool your build how you want better. Though does this really make them mechanically better sensors? I think it actually just makes them mechanically more diverse sensors, without drastically increasing the powers of an already powerful path. Soooooo....

princessapproval.gif

See No Evil - Approved

Chakra Ambiance - I don't remember what this looked like before, so I am having trouble like... gauging how much compromise happened here, but I'm still not digging this. I don't like that this is open-ended (for 3 SP); meaning the cheesiest builds would be ones that ramp concentration sky-high to also give themselves good evasion. I don't like that this skirts stat-increasing caps by boosting the net-effect and not the stat; meaning you can give yourself 1000 Evasion at the end game, and an item that gives you +500 Evasion, and then still have a chance to dodge that measures up against Accuracy stats that are in the 2000's. I don't like that there's no upkeep or limit to this, and it will stack with advanced systems.

Something here will have to change before this acceptable.

Chakra Sensor - If this were any other path, I would be pretty hard on this. It's very similar to just getting 2 Advanced Paths. However, because Sensor has some pretty fluffy masteries that do more for RP than for out and out battle, it doesn't feel nearly as cheesy. Approved