disthawk12

Special Ability :StormFront

Stormfront

Once per main phases, The owner of this weapon may be added the following effect to a storm release technique "When an opponent has dodged a storm release attack sent by this weapon, A second strike of 20% at the same chance to hit is sent additionally the user of the technique may choose a status effect (max 2 turns)From the technique, If any to also be sent with the damage"

$350

Designer's notes

So pretty basic all it does when you get a second strike with storm release you can also get an effect to go with it with a maximum of 2 turns Gonna price this at 350 will change

Edited by disthawk12

Ok. If you're making another effect that adds to Storm's secondary strike, I don't want it to turn into a mass of different custom effects that all pump something that it supposed to be a consolation prize. So, I'd like this to state that it doesn't stack with any other effect that alters or increased the effect of Storm's secondary strike. 

As for the effect itself, the wording is still very unclear. 'A second strike of 20%' does not specify what it is referring to. chance to hit? base damage? total damage? I'm assuming total damage, which would be the same as the basic Storm effect. If that is the case, then you do not need to specify that as it is already in the effect you're enhancing. 

Wording aside, now we can get to the mechanics of it. Status effects are pretty much the most debilitating thing in the game and it is no exaggeration to say that the right status at the right time can decide a battle. You may be pulling from the technique you're using, but that could still be anything. Hence, the versatility is unlimited and is too strong. Secondly, by adding it to Storm's effect you are effectively forcing anyone you fight to reroll a dodge against your effect. That makes it exponentially harder to avoid and thus exponentially more valuable which means exponentially more cost. Money alone will not cover that, no matter how much as it is not an in-battle resource. I agree with Yurane and I recommend changing gears entirely on the effect as I do not believe the concept is approvable.

A+ for effort, but I think you're better off with a different idea.

As the others have said, a status effect is not being strapped onto Storm's extra strike. That said, I'm not sure if you were acknowledging that I  your last post here or not, so you may already know this. Anyway, like I said in the PM, I'm cleaning the forums, so I'm moving this to dead. If you'd like to work on it later, feel free to contact me.

Edited by almondsAndRain