cntrstrk14

Toppajo Fuin | Breaking the Seal Gradually | 突破徐封印

DEf0goG.gif

Toppajo Fuin | 突破徐封印 | Breaking the Seal Gradually

The Nankan family bloodline is referred to as Ken'aku Chakra | 険悪チャクラ (lit. Volatile Chakra), considered a curse by many through history. The family members who are born with it are regulated to the Resseike | 劣性家 (lit. Recessive Family) and given a seal at birth to contain their chakra. The seal is both parts a protection for the Nankan who has it as their Ken'aku Chakra can be extremely dangerous if uncontrolled, and equal parts a means to keep those it seals obedient. Those of the clan without the Ken'aku Chakra are part of the Yuuseike | 優性家 (lit. Dominant Family) and are in positions of power throughout the clan and village. 

The seal that is placed on Resseike clan members is referred to as the Yokusei Fuin | 抑制封印 (lit. Control Seal) and is seen as a way for the clan member to gain control over the power they were born with over time as they develop. The seal covers the Tenketsu, sealing each point with valves that control the amount of chakra they can access. 

So while the actual power of the clan falls within the Ken'aku Chakra, the bloodline itself is referred to as the Toppajo Fuin | 突破徐封印 (lit. Breaking the Seal Gradually) due to the process a Nankan clan member progresses into power. In the beginning the seal prevents the clan member from properly wielding their chakra, the seals interfering with normal chakra control. As their natural chakra reserves increase the seal unravels itself and the Nankan gains access to the Ken'aku Chakra.

A secondary aspect of the Ken'aku Chakra's power is the way it naturally forms around the user's body. With training, this chakra can be formed into natural defenses that can be activated by manipulating it's form. This is what gives the Nankan their indestructible nature and what makes them famous upon the battlefield.

Seal Unlocking: The number of seals the character has unlocked is based on the lowest of the following two. The number of seals unlocked may never be lower than zero (0). 

• The character's base Chakra stat minus 150, and then divided by four (4), rounded down.

• The character's TXP divided by 100, rounded down.

cc0jtFl.png

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin

Effect: All actions with a chakra cost have an additional 50% Chance to Fail and cost an additional 50% Chakra. In addition, this character must start with at least 150 in their Chakra stat.

Requirement: Must be taken at character creation.

Cost: +4 SP

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 40

Effect: All actions with a chakra cost have an additional 40% Chance to Fail and cost an additional 40% Chakra. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin | 40 Seals Unlocked

Cost: -1 SP

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 80

Effect: All actions with a chakra cost have an additional 30% Chance to Fail and cost an additional 30% Chakra. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 40.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 40 | 80 Seals Unlocked

Cost: -1 SP

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 120

Effect: All actions with a chakra cost have an additional 20% Chance to Fail and cost an additional 20% Chakra. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 80.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 80 | 120 Seals Unlocked

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 160

Effect: All actions with a chakra cost have an additional 10% Chance to Fail and cost an additional 10% Chakra. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 120.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 120 | 160 Seals Unlocked

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 200

Effect: All actions have their Chakra cost reduced by 5%. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 160.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 160 | 200 Seals Unlocked

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 240

Effect: All actions have their Chakra cost reduced by 10%. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 200.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 200 | 240 Seals Unlocked

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 280

Effect: All actions have their Chakra cost reduced by 15%. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 240.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 240| 280 Seals Unlocked

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; 320

Effect: All actions have their Chakra cost reduced by 20%. This effect replaces those of Yokusei Fuin; 280.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 280| 320 Seals Unlocked

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; Haki

Effect: This character gains +1000 to their Chakra stat.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 320 | 361 Seals Unlocked

Cost: -4 SP

cc0jtFl.png

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; Gaihi-ichi

Effect: This character may learn Chuunin Rank Gaihiton Jutsu. Gaihiton Jutsu are advanced systems.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 80

Cost: -2 SP

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; Gaihi-ni

Effect: This character may learn Jounin Rank Gaihiton Jutsu. Gaihiton Jutsu are advanced systems.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 200 | Yokusei Fuin; Gaihi-ichi

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; Gaihi-san 

Effect: This character may learn Sennin Rank Gaihiton Jutsu. Gaihiton Jutsu are advanced systems.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; Haki | Yokusei Fuin; Gaihi-ni

Cost: -2 SP

cc0jtFl.png

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; Ho-ichi

Effect: When this character would regenerate Chakra while afflicted with 'Metabolic Shock' or 'Metabolic Break Down' they roll 1d10. On an even result they ignore the effects of these status effects for Chakra regeneration only until end of turn.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 120

QhrHCpD.png Yokusei Fuin; Ho-ni

Effect: This character is immune to the effects of 'Metabolic Shock' and 'Metabolic Break Down'.

Requirement: Yokusei Fuin; 280 | Yokusei Fuin; Ho-ichi

Designer Notes

General

• This is a remake of Teizoukaifuu originally created in 2008 by Ravage Nocturne, it can be found here.

• Goal is to clearly break out the seals and focus the clan on "really big chakra" which was its original focus.

• Secondary goal of clearly breaking out the clan jutsu as an Advanced System.

Yokusei Fuin

• The first rank is worth +4 and will be overcome slowly through the other skills. The player cannot actually get rid of this skill however, so they are burning 4 of the 8 available Hindering Skill Points available to them, meaning they only get a maximum of 4 SP worth of Hinderings. 
• With that in mind, the total cost of the core Yokusei Fuin is -8 SP, locked out of +4 SP of Hindering, and 46 levels of hindering traits based around the clan's core fighting resource (Chakra).
• The closest comparison to this would be the Mokuton that also gives +1000 Chakra. One important note though is that the Mokuton does not require a certain amount of Chakra to be allocated and can be obtained at lower levels where the boost in total stats is most important. 

• This requires level 75 to obtain and 1594 Chakra, meaning that a player will end up with 2594 Chakra total. For most builds 2000 in any one stat is about where they aim, thus this additional 600 is more of an excess. 

• I mention this because one of the most powerful parts of Mokuton is the ability to ignore Chakra and allocate points into other stats where this bloodline does not exactly let you do that.

Yokusei Fuin; Gaihi

• These jutsu will be an advanced system. Total of -4 SP and will be comparable is strength to Byakugan Vision.

Yokusei Fuin; Ho-ichi

• The final branch, mostly a carry over in flavor from the original. 

• I think I made a guide for immunity to status effects somewhere, but I can't find it. If anyone finds it and finds my prices to be wrong please correct me.

I think this looks good. I played around with the numbers and found that a build like Junsei, even at level 90, doesn't have enough chakra to unlock that +1000 chakra. It feels almost crippling to have negatives for most of your character and instead of just reaching a level you have also keep your chakra up. It's a really rough state until you hit that mark, but when you do, damn... explosive power!! (well, not really, but you know what I mean.)

Your advanced system stuff is hard to comment on without really seeing the techs, but I already know the basic idea of what they will be (Barrier skin... WHATS IT ABOUT!? jk)

The immunity to Metabolic Breakdown and Shock seems fine to me. -1 sp to have a 50% chance to ignore 2 very specific status effects. Then for an additional 2 sp, you can ignore it completely. Seems fine to me. Comparing it to our discussion on terrains, it was about 2 sp for a full immunity to a ~100 cp terrain. You're paying 3 sp for about 110 cp immunity but for 2 very specific effects that you will not be applying to yourself. Seems like it balances out in the end. 

pmmapproval.gif

Pretty much all of this gels with me except the last two skills. You yourself have in the past talked about disliking skills that make themselves redundant and warrant people retraining the skill away. Yokusei Fuin; Ho-ichi is 100% that. Ho-ni doesn't have Ho-ichi as a requirement, but completely invalidates taking Ho-ichi in the first place.

I would rather see Ho-ni have Ho-Ichi as a requirement, so you're not sneaking in free SP more or less.

Moving this back as I started working on the Gaihiton jutsu which can be found here.

Two things. First, the name changed a bit and I wanted to be more clear so I changed 'Gaihi Jutsu' to 'Gaihiton Jutsu'. Secondly, after working on the technique I felt that the skill cost was slightly below what it should be (which was bare minimum stat boosting levels as set by the Byakugan. So I've increased the total from -4 to -6 to account for the flexibility that the advanced system gives.

No other changes have been made.