Tw33dle

Projective Archetype

Projective Archetype

Description: Sometimes people are so uncomfortable with what they are experiencing they project their own emotions and reactions onto others. Those who utilize this archetype have found a way to project their own thoughts and mental images onto others. Through the use of projecting their own thoughts and spending time in the targets mind, the user gains a slight advantage in predicting the opponents attacks.

Effect: Projective Archetypes techniques increase the user's block range by five (5) for one turn.

Cost: -2

Edited by Tw33dle

With Lan on this, I feel an archetype should be directly related to an element of that genjutsu, not just taking what an element can do and making it an archetype. Because then you go and make nin/gen hybrids with this and sound and you're doubling up the value.

I think you'd be better off, if confused is your goal, looking at a way you could modify confused to be more unique when using the archetype, rather than just slapping it on all your techs for free like an element.

The reduction from stat modifiers was really was I was looking from Confusion. I changed the skill up a bit to fit what I'm trying to do with the archetype. Here are my notes on what is stated above.

• I recognize the Carnal Archetype does something a bit similar by increasing and/or reducing Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu. I figured this was different enough since this directly effects the modifiers.
  • I thought that 10x% would be a decent percentage to start with since it increased by the rank of the technique used, not the rank of the user. 
  • I also thought 10x% might be a good start since it stops the next technique, not just the next offensive technique. 

I'm totally open to suggestions on this if what I have down does not work. 

Subtle Elements; Earth May use Earth element techniques. Whenever an Earth Element technique is used, the user gains +8 to their Block Range on the following turn. This ability cannot stack with itself. All 5 'Subtle Element' skills share ranks -1 SP

This is exactly what I meant by acting more like an element than an archetype.