PandaMattMatt

Rehabilitator

Rehabilitator

Effect: When this character is present, the recovery time and word requirement for all characters is reduced by 1x RL Day, 2x IC Days and 1000x Words. X is equal to this character's rank in this skill. This can reduce recovery time and words required to 0.

Requirement: Path of the Advanced Medic

Ranks: 3

Cost: -1 sp

Edited by PandaMattMatt
  • Like 2

This is a skill I have been wanting for a long time for flavor reasons. The way that everyone wants Wise around for the training benefits. I would think Medics would be the same for recovery. I based the numbers off of Kouta's Gate Affinity. However, I messed with the wording a little cause I didn't like his. 

This is a General Skill assuming you meet the requirements, as always, please PM if you take this skill.

This says "when this character is present," which makes me think that it's not intended to work on the user, but it doesn't explicitly prohibit that either and it does say that all characters benefit. So... if a Gates-using medic picked this up, would they benefit from the skill's effects or is this only for other people?

Edited by almondsAndRain

If you are making this self target, please specify it does not stack with any other source of similar reduction. I will not approve this if it stacks with gate affinity. I feel that completely devalues the negative aspects of the gates, which renders them an unfairly powerful AS.

So, I think that is an unnecessary restriction. Gate Affinity alone negates 3 Real Life Days, 6 In Character Days and 3000 words at max rank. This entirely eliminates all written word requirements through Gate 6. Granted that still leaves 1 Real Life Day and 3 In Character Days of recovery... but because of how time works on NA, those are handwaved... like almost always. So basically, the only actual drawback to the Gates is written words until Gate 8 which is just... death. So if Gates 1-6 have no drawback with Gate Affinity and Gate 8 just auto kills your character that leaves us with ONLY Gate 7 having a drawback.

Gate 7 imposes, 5 Real Life Days, 14 In Character Days, and 4000 written words for recovery. With gate Affinity alone, these become: 2 Real Life Days, 8 In Character Days and 1000 written words.

Now, say we stack this with Rehabilitator. Either Self Targeted or even just a secondary character with this present (Kouta and Junsei for example), Stacking these skills, assuming max ranks in both or really any combination of the two to equal 4+ ranks, reduces ONLY Gate 7 to 0 Real Life Days, 2 In Character Days and 0 Written words. No matter what arrangement of skills you get, Gate 8 will still kill you, so we can effectively ignore it in this consideration.

I honestly don't believe an extra 1000 written words discount is so heinous as to disallow the stacking of these skills.  Especially since both the Real Life and In Character times are... basically non-drawbacks considering time is so handwavy that only under INCREDIBLY rare circumstances (like Chuunin Exams or something where we have a global time lock) would it ever be brought up.

Now, if after this, you still feel it shouldn't be allowed to stack, I can definitely add it to the skill. I just don't think it's necessary. 

Looking at it, honestly it's not Rehabilitator that's the problem I have, it's Gates Affinity. I don't think gate 6 and 7 should ever be completely trivialised as we saw even Gai was in pain when using gate 7, and there is no other cannon gates master more competent than him. But on review, I don't think I should let that hurt rehabilitator, which alone is a fine skill.

More likely, I'll look to have GA pulled and reworked so that it can't just write off what is meant to be one of the most stressful things a body can undergo, and those downsides are the balancer for the significantly higher mechanical bonuses gates get over every other AS.

So this is Approved. Hasn't changed since Pope's approval, so it's good to go.