almondsAndRain

The Return of the Great Jack-o'-lantern

Combinatorial; Ghost Light

Onibiton is the Ninjutsu of emotion - primal fear, staggering lust, horrific anger, and more, are the tools and weapons of the Ghost Light Element. Manifesting itself as luminescent orbs that are then shaped as chattering skulls and bones, roaring violet flames, or anything else the user can imagine and find the will to shape, this Element is as diverse as the people who learn it.

Effect: The user may learn and perform Ghost Light Element techniques. 

Opponents hit by at least one Ghost Light attack in their turn suffer an additional 2X% Chance to Fail when performing any attack that targets the user, even if the attack does not normally have a Fail Chance. X is equal to the JP value of the technique, based solely off of the technique's Cost Point value. X may never be higher than 10. This ability does not stack with itself.

When a Ghost Light Element technique is performed, the user may apply the effects of any one Subtle Elements skill required to purchase this Element, if they own it.

Requirements: Subtle Elements; Fire, Subtle Elements; Water, and Subtle Elements; Wind.

Cost: -2.

Edited by almondsAndRain

Right then, I'm resubmitting this to clean it up some. There were a couple of minor typos in the last version that irked me, but more importantly the last version was able to stack with itself, which was not at all what I intended. So that's the major change I made here, the skill is functionally the same. 

The minor change is that, now that the skill has a couple of people interested in taking it other than me and they both want to get it as part of a thread, it requires a little bit of training. One of them thinks the requirement should exist, the other doesn't care one way or the other. If you want me to cut it, I will, but it isn't hurting anything.

Oh yeah, there's a description now as well. Again, elements don't typically have that, but as this is a weird one I figure painting a picture couldn't hurt.

The math here is simple enough: 

Genin techs inflict a maximum of 8% Fail Chance with 4 JP attacks that cost 61+, Chuunin a maximum of 10% with 5 JP attacks that cost 121+, Jonin a maximum of 16% with 8 JP attacks that cost 321+, and Sennin with a maximum of 20% that cost 611+ at 10 JP.

There might be instances where you're better off using a lower rank tech to get a higher fail chance for lower cost, but honestly I don't think they're that likely to crop up. Even if they did, it adds a little tactical variety to the game, which ain't bad.

I'll leave the older version in Approved until this passes, I don't care to pull it when the arc they were going to learn it in is about to start.

Lifting the moratorium on this. The following changes were made:

Slight rephrasing of the effect. It still functions the same.

Removed the training from the requirements as it didn’t need it to begin with and I didn’t want to bother with that. 

Removed the S on the end of the name. No other Element is plural and it was bothering me. 

Redid the description. 

Added colors, because at some point that became a thing I do.