almondsAndRain

Multipurpose | Weapon Attribute

Multipurpose 

This Weapon is now considered to be of a Type selected when this rank of this attribute was purchased in addition to its normal Type. Types may only be selected if it would make sense for the Weapon to be used as if it was also that Type. This attribute has no maximum rank.

Cost: 両50 per rank.

Weapon type is… more or less a fluff restriction. IRL, most weapons can be used in a way that other weapons can. A poleaxe and a halberd are different weapons that share similar roles and are used mostly the same, and both have the point out of the top that can be used as a spear, and all three have a blunt end that can be used in a similar fashion as a blunt staff in many ways. And… sure, you can make techs for individual weapons that mimic how other weapons work, but if you somehow ended up with the mimicked weapon, you wouldn't be able to use your techs on them. And that's silly. 

This has an added bonus for those Large weapons that are described as two weapons, because now they can be different weapons instead of both being swords or whatever. Sword and axe, spear and shield, knife and fork, whatever.

Mechanically… I don't think this breaks anything. It means you aren't necessarily penalized if you use a different weapon Type than you selected when purchasing Warrior, I suppose, but there aren't good reasons to do that to begin with.

EDIT: If approved, for general use. Please PM me so I know who has it, in case of future resubmissions

Edited by almondsAndRain