Guest Kidori

Ultimate Sacrifice

~Hindering Skill Sheet~

Skill Name: Protector

Bloodline: Regular Skill

Description: A Protector's love for mankind drives him to save the lives of innocents and allies alike by doing anything possible to stop an attack against them.

Effect: User must stand in the way of the first attack delt to any ally or innocent on the battlefield. The Protector makes a dodge roll in place of the defending ninja (if such a defender is a ninja), but applies but half of their evasion for dodging purposes. Must apply for the first attack initiated towards an allied human.

Restriction: Cannot be taken with Defender, Guardian, or Martyr.

Cost: +1

Skill Name: Defender

Description: A Defender past experiences or loving nature will not allow other's to die. A Defender will do anything possible to save their allies from death.

Effect: User must stand in the way of a Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Basic, or Weapon attack causing what could be the finishing blow to defend an ally or innocent bystander. Defender can use any defensive jutsu save those that involve avoiding the attack (Such as the Substitution Jutsu) or may make a dodge roll. The Defender evasion and dodge roll is automatically used in place of the defending ninja (if it happens to be a ninja), but the % chance to dodge/block is halved. Must apply a minimum of once per allied human, but may choose to do more then once.

Restriction: Cannot be taken with Protector, Guardian, or Martyr.

Cost: +2

Skill Name: Guardian

Description: It is a Guardian's duty to protect the innocent and those close to him/her. Therefore, he/she must prevent as much damage as possible from afflicting all possible, whether it be the initial attack or the finishing blow.

Effect: The effects of both a Defender and Protecter apply; however, the Guardian may not dodge the attack, (or, in a sense, move the defending human out of the way as the other skills allow). The Guardian may still block, and for all rolls that would have resulted in a dodge, the user now blocks.

Restriction: Cannot be taken with Protector, Defender, or Martyr.

Cost: +3

Skill Name: Martyr

Description: A Martyr would gladly sacrifice his/her life to protect all innocent human life. At any time, if a friendly or innocent life is in danger of pain, the Martyr must protect him/her at all costs.

Effect: Same effects of Guardian; however, user must do this for ALL attacks towards allies or innocent humans. This time, evasion remains normal when making a dodge roll, but the damage if successfully hit is doubled.

Restriction: Cannot be taken with Protector, Defender, or Guardian.

Cost: +4

Edited by Kidori

~Hindering Skill Sheet~

Skill Name: Life Saver

Description: A savior's past experiences or loving nature will not allow other's to die. A savior will do anything possible to save their allies from death.

Effect: User must stand in the way of a Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Basic, or Weapon attack causing what could be the finishing blow to defend an ally or innocent bystander. Life saver can use any defensive jutsu save those that involve avoiding the attack (Such as the Substitution Jutsu) or may make a dodge roll. The life saver's evasion and dodge roll is automatically used in place of the defending ninja (if it happens to be a ninja), but the % chance to dodge/block is halved. Must apply a minimum of once per allied human, but may choose to do more then once.

Description: A Protector's love for mankind drives him to save the lives of innocents and allies alike by doing anything possible to stop an attack against them.

Effect: User must stand in the way of the first attack delt to any ally or innocent on the battlefield. The Protector makes a dodge roll in place of the defending ninja (if such a defender is a ninja), but applies but half of their evasion for dodging purposes. Must apply for the first attack initiated towards an allied human.

Skill Name: Hero

Description: It is a Hero's duty to protect the innocent and those close to him/her. Therefore, he/she must prevent as much damage as possible from afflicting all possible, whether it be the initial attack or the finishing blow.

Effect: The effects of both a Life Saver and Protecter apply; however, the Hero may not dodge the attack, (or, in a sense, move the defending human out of the way as the other skills allow). The Hero may still block, and for all rolls that would have resulted in a dodge, the user now blocks.

Cost: +3 (Replaces either Savior or Protector without needing to "overcome" either skill, gained skill points do not stack).

Description: A Martyr would gladly sacrifice his/her life to protect all innocent human life. At any time, if a friendly or innocent life is in danger of pain, the Martyr must protect him/her at all costs.

Effect: Same effects of Hero; however, user must do this for ALL attacks towards allies or innocent humans. This time, evasion remains normal when making a dodge roll, but the damage if successfully hit is doubled.

Cost: +4 (Replaces Savior, Protector, or Hero without needing to "overcome" either of the three previous skills, gained skill points do not stack).

Edit accordingly.

All of these skills look okay for the most part, but I find problem with your name for the third skill. Why exactly do you process that a hero would sacrifice them self in such a way? A true hero would understand that you cannot protect those who you are trying to protect any longer if you are dead and you are stereotyping with it and attempting to hold a monopoly on the word.

The martyr name fits. The others are iffy. All of them aside from martyr also don't necessarily make over-all sense, because a life-saver isn't necessarily going to jump in front of an attack just to save a life such as you are suggesting. Nor would someone who is a "Protector" people can protect others via offense as well. Hero also, and these skills somewhat conflict with the "Savior" positive medical skill, where a medi-nin can jump in front of an attack to protect their friend, but this gives actual points of hindrance, allowing you to go buy more skills.

Savior

Description/Effect:Once per team battle you may choose to take an attack in place of your ally without need for any rolls. Apply all armors against this attack regardless of if it is supposed to bypass armor or not. When you take the hit, you gain a +100 to the relevant defense stat. Cannot be used against Genjutsu.

Requirements:N/A

Price:-1

Ranks:

Yes, I know they are different in some ways, but still. There are a good deal of similarities, and these skills of your give enough so that you could possibly buy 8 ranks of Savior, if they actually had 8 ranks.

As for the names...personally...I don't see it as a big deal unless, like before with the name Savior, it is already taken. So, if you have any other suggestions for the names, feel free to let me know. And, I can see what you are talking about the Hero name. In a sense, the name witholds too much power in that well...a hero is just that...a hero. It is a heavy title, but I couldn't think of anything else. Again, any suggestions would be fine.

The more important issue I think is the supposed relation to the medical positive skill. The big difference is that it is a hindrance skill...not a positive skill. The Savior skill (assuming by its effect/description) gives you the OPTION of doing so, but without the die roll. Not to mention they get a defensive stat bonus to help out in defense. Therefore, that skill is an obvious positive, allowing you to save the life of a comrade and have defensive bonuses when they do that. Theses skills, depending on which one we are talking about, require you to "interfere" with an enemy attack (again depending on which skill it is). In a sense, its kinda like the Self-Defense and Mercy Hindrance skills. You don't get the OPTION to leave you opponent alive, nor do you get the OPTION to allow the opponent attack first despite speed. These conditions are required with the obtaining of these skills. My list of skills acts in a similar way, where you do not have the option of saying, "well, I don't feel like stopping that deadly attack towards my enemy...after all, I could die..." Instead (like Self-Defense and Mercy) these skills call on ones benevolent nature to act. An example may be when Uchiha Sasuke seemed to 'automatically' step in front of Haku's attack towards Naruto. Ok, so maybe that wasn't the best example, but it follows the same principle.

Personally, I think the only relation with my skills and this Savior skill is its effect. The conditions of the effect and...for fear of sounding redundant...the effectiveness and motive of the effect are clearly different. So, the main issue would be the names of them. I agree that Martyr suits decently (not perfect in my opinion, but that is all I can think of). I agree hero may need to be changed, but I am not sure what. I think Protector is actually fine unless you can think of a better name. As for life-saver...well...like I said, I originally had Savior on there, but the name was taken. Life-Saver was the melodramatic name that first came to mind as a replacement. I'll toy around with the names to see if I can get anything better.

Sorry for the double post, but my PC is acting up again, and it acidentally double posted...so I'll just use this post to day I changed the names...

Defender

Protecter

Guardian

Martyr

I know the first three are basically the same, but I feel they all have a different level of...vocabulary impact? Well, whatever the word is, I feel that as you progress down the stages or whatnot, the impact of the word and meaning incresases (Protector ---> Defender ---> Guardian.)

Since you are not able to take hindering skills after the character creation without the permission of a staff member (there must be something that makes that you suddenly get's that hindering, like i.e. "hemophobia becuase you saw all your team die in front of your eyes" or something similar). Therefore, the whole "if you have the previous rank" is not needed.

Everything else seems fine, the only thing I could find is that the effect of "Martyr" still says "hero" when it should be "guardian".

Okay, I'll fix. I also didn't see anywhere it saying hindering traits needed to be at character creation, but ok. Would it be alright if I require a role play explaining how one gets this sense of...courage and whatnot? For example, my character didn't really have any friends until just recently. The sudden bonds he has established with these various people may spark the need to protect such allies in times of need.

Edited by Kidori

~Hindering Skill Sheet~

Skill Name: Defender

Description: A Defender past experiences or loving nature will not allow other's to die. A Defender will do anything possible to save their allies from death.

Effect: User must stand in the way of a Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Basic, or Weapon attack causing what could be the finishing blow to defend an ally or innocent bystander. Defender can use any defensive jutsu save those that involve avoiding the attack (Such as the Substitution Jutsu) or may make a dodge roll. The Defender evasion and dodge roll is automatically used in place of the defending ninja (if it happens to be a ninja), but the % chance to dodge/block is halved. Must apply a minimum of once per allied human, but may choose to do more then once.

Skill Name: Guardian

Description: It is a Guardian's duty to protect the innocent and those close to him/her. Therefore, he/she must prevent as much damage as possible from afflicting all possible, whether it be the initial attack or the finishing blow.

Effect: The effects of both a Defender and Protecter apply; however, the Guardian may not dodge the attack, (or, in a sense, move the defending human out of the way as the other skills allow). The Guardian may still block, and for all rolls that would have resulted in a dodge, the user now blocks.

Cost: +3

Effect: Same effects of Guardian; however, user must do this for ALL attacks towards allies or innocent humans. This time, evasion remains normal when making a dodge roll, but the damage if successfully hit is doubled.

Cost: +4

You may only take ONE of these above skills... you cannot take all of them and get +10sp, especially since having Martyr alone is like having auto-savior and taking double damage (which is a +4 hindering skill, whereas savior costs -2)

Yeah, that is fine. I originally had them to where if you had the Protector and Defender skills at the same time, they would automatically become the Guardian skill. From there, you could advance it to the Martyr skill. Unfortunately, Nappers didn't like the idea of 'evolving hindrance skills.' So is that enough approvals?